Demo ???? in PC Gamer mag ????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope don't mind if u guys use the pic (i don't even remember starting this topic!). But guys u should remember this is PC Gamer UK, not the US edition (which I also get), so don't expect any answers from pcgamer.com.

I guess one place to ask would be http://forum.pcgamer.co.uk (note: I'm getting an error message trying to connect to their forums).

Edited by GabRaz1

Has anyone quizzed UbiRazz yet??

To me it looks like we will certainly get a demo of GR3 on the PC.As to when is another question.

As has been stated that publication was in print before Ubi delayed the launch.Ubi may force them to pull back on releasing the demo, probably not wanting to hype up GR3 too early.

But then you never know, maybe they feel they owe us one and will release the demo pre X-mas.It would certainly be good for their PR.

I agree in the fact that when the mad was published...we were fast approaching the original release date...and that the are more than likely pulling it back.

But I see no reason to. Just give us a chance to look at it...we all understand things wont be finished until FEB...but I have read on here...the push back date was installed to give them more time to insert things the GR community ask for...what better way to do so..than to let us play a level..and then tell them what we think is missing.

HACK

Does anyone ever buy this magazine? Well I've got a subscription to it and there have been plenty of times where they've said "this will be in the next issue" but due to things happening beyond their control (ie a game being put back a couple of months) they were then unable to deliver as they promised.

No demo will be released next month in the PC Gamer magazine, I guarantee it!!

Because the magazine went to print BEFORE information by UBI was released which stated the game was being held back.

There may well have been a demo, but we're not going to see one this side of xmas.

And they aren't going to give out a demo before they know what the retail version of GRAW will be like. Which, given the amount of time left before release, anything could change.

Well that's my feelings on it.

They are pulling your leg. I got the PC gamer for November and December and there is no demo of the game. Also no adverticement on any of those mags, but on the Xbox mag for december, they have a 3 page add of the game. Sounds familiar........ they promise GR3 for PC but all the fuzz is about GR3 for Xbox 360

damn what a great time to be in the UK,

if they do release this as a demo, you can bet it will be hosted as a file

or even an ISO on our website. so get your burners ready if you dont have access

to it in the US.

CMON UBI/REDSTORM dont let us diehards down this time

Like Papa6 says, in other words: if the game’s delayed, the demo is delayed correspondingly.

Question is: Can a PC magazine advertise a demo, without having confirmation from the publishers that they actually GET a demo?

Answer 1: If they can, it’s a sneaky way to attract buyers.

Answer 2: If they cannot, UBI is aware that there’ll be a demo.

There are some rules/agreements between publishers and PC magazines about “first refusal” to publish the latest and greatest, yes, even before fansites get the info.

For the simple reason that reviews in PC magazines also sell games. And PC magazines sell well.

Answer 3: because of this, UBI cannot publish any info about the demo.

Note 1: Anandtech.com mentioned that the Ageia cards are delayed into Q2, 2006. Last lines:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2574

I’ve not been able to find additional info, but it can be a reason for the delay (yeah I know February ain’t Q2) and thus delayed release of a demo.

Conclusion: Since the PC magazine has published info about a “to come” demo it should not be difficult for Ubisoft, or the PC magazine to inform that issue no. xyz will have a GR:AW demo or a statement from the PC magazine that they had informed wrongly and there will not be a GR:AW demo included in their magazine ever.

Comment: There’s an album by the Rolling Stones: “Get your Ya Ya’s Out”.

Beats me what “Ya Ya’s” stands for but it just feels right.

So Ubisoft: “Get your Ya Ya’s Out.”

i do believe that there was an earlier post on another thread that stipulated that the physics would be software incorporated. I think since alot of ppl wouldn't be able to get or would get a ageai physics boards at all software was the way to go. can't have half a group on this level adn this group on another.

I do believe that the physics would bring everyone equal on the play field. But what or how good it is remains to be seen. only a demo cab prove this.

PC Gamers disc editor replied and confirms that the demo's pushed back too and won't make the next issue. No mention of when it will, but I guess January would be the safe bet.

I think this is a situation of a magazine taking chances witwh advertising that resulted in a situation of it selling something it didn't own, promising something it couldn't deliver. I'm sure this is not the first time the magazine has made such a claim about a demo. They probably did not do it in bad faith or intentionally, just a miscommunication.

Damn it! I knew it! I hate it when I'm right :angry:

This goes back to when GRAW was pushed back to Feb...and lots of people said they are wanting to implement more of what the "fan" wants. It appears to me nothing could be farther from the truth. If that was true... a mass scale BETA LEVEL to get "fan" input would make perfect sense.

Bottom line...it wasnt ready....at least for the XBOX 360...and as we are quickly learning...that is the center of the gaming universe....and everyone else gets table scraps.

Please Sir..... may I have another PC game

HACK

They probably did not do it in bad faith or intentionally, just a miscommunication.
That's the way I see it, I'd guess they were told by someone that there would be a demo to hand, so they planned for it to be there. I'm sure they'd love to delivier it, for their readers, and because now they have to change what is going to be in the next issue