GDC II Entries

the.ronin

• 2 weeks later...

From Gooseman’s risqué ode to soldier-ala-cig to SteelHack’s mad photoshoping skillz of Bruce and The Rock as Ghosts (look closely at the tattoo and stubble) to a couple welcomed new members joining just to partake in the GDC design gauntlet ... this was undoubtedly a GDC to behold!

Spoondle’s entry earned the highest marks for its representation of a movie poster, design complexity, and that holy grail of GDCs ... Design Bling® ... But lo and behold, the speed criteria has, once again, reared its ugly head or graced the winner with its presence, depending on if your name rhymes with ‘warts.’

Congratulations, swartsz! Your entry was top notch in terms of conveying the subtle ferocity that is the absolute tip of the doksum’s tail otherwise known as the Ghosts. It took to heart the concept of "swiftly, silently, and invisibly" ... I don't mean just as a tagline. But your true saving grace was your friend, and not Spoondle’s ... speed. Having been entered more than a week later taxed the Spoondlemeister’s overall score out of contention ... now that’s gonna leave a mark!! In the end, Highlander, there can be only one.

grmovie2.jpg

gdc%20award%20ii_swartsz.gif

Brace yourself, young padawan, for the next GDC will have an expedited deadline of only one week ... in honor of those who fight, so that others may live ...

May the swartsz be with you!!

I will not be confused by GMT deadline times again.

:wall::wall::wall:

GDC_silent_op.jpg

silent_op

Thanks, halo ... I was really going for the stealth concept, brain over brawn concept. I was also trying to incorporate some post-cold war flashpoint elements based on the quote for GDC II. And this is what I came up with.

I seem to be having the same problem NYR had with his entry ... on my computer at home, it is a LOT brighter and you can make out the bottom portion much better than I can on my work computer.

[EDIT] Ok, I just brightened it up a bit. :)

hehe :D

I didn't wanna mention this before ... but the best part is that you've got a GMT clock ON YOUR WEBSITE!!!

OP, thats just made it bloody hilarious man, damn fine entry only to be pipped by..... :wall:

@ Ronin, Nice to see ur work buddy :thumbsup:

Halo noticed it too :)

I know what you mean about the brightness problem tho, i work on 2 LCD flat screen, they often make your work appear brighter than it really is.(not to mention that both mine are setup exactly the same with same colour profiles... and yet the one is darker than the other). :wall:

My only suggestion on your's Ronin would be to soften the 'GHOST RECON' title.Other than that its cool dude.

yup flat screen LCD to CRT can be a nightmare, i go Ibook to PC n CRT but dont even mention trying to colour profile em OMG thats way to techy for a fashionista...lol

Thanks "Serellan" for the comments too ... :yes:

Ps Im not far from sidmouth "Born to kill" just short of sunny! Torquay is where i have my Batcave ..lol

yup flat screen LCD to CRT can be a nightmare, i go Ibook to PC n CRT but dont even mention trying to colour profile em OMG thats way to techy for a fashionista...lol

That is highly annoying ... especially since I'm usually partial to darker color palettes ... so there is no "fix" for this?