GDC II: Ghost Recon

the.ronin

done....regarding not thinking your seeing the full image? check the image you are seeing against the www.divavision.com/GDC.html, which has duplicate but slighty bigger file size ...

Got it :thumbsup:

And yes, unfortunately, it does count against submission date :( BUT, the way the speed score is calculated, pursuant to the Official GDC Rules, it is essentially rounded so being later or earlier by 1 day does basically nothing. Being earlier or later by many days does. ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-minus 205,989 seconds

Give or take, until the close of GDC Part Deux ... the good news is :) ... we've got a little surprise for this GDC's winner courtesy of the fine folks here at Ghost Recon.net ... the bad news is :( ... there are some DAMN GOOD entries!!!

And like the Highlander ... there can be only one!!

And thus ends GDC Part Deux ...

What AWESOME entries!! I know it, you know it, and the elite group of turquoise colored members also known as “devs†frequenting this particular GDC knows it ... I only wish Tom Clancy and Ridley Scott would get off their asses and make a movie already cos I’m jonesin’ to see it!!

As always, contestants will receive a PM containing calculations of their score prior to my announcing the winner. This time around, contestants will receive the calculations of the top 3 entrants and their score only.

Stay tuned ... same bat time, same bat channel.

Fear not, young silent_op_padawan, for there will be many more GDCs to come upon which you can unleash your design angst like something fierce.

Also, please note that there is a link to the GMT time in the original post ...

Last Date of Submission: November 3, 2005; 12.00 am GMT

See ya in the next GDC!

This was a very very tough GDC to judge. And as Colin mentioned, everyone here really did some amazing work - everyone. Some put in a good amount of time and effort in their backgrounds and protagonists while others took a more subtle approach.

The two take aways I hope people keep in mind in following GDCs are ...

1) Pay attention to the theme. Each GDC opens with a quote which effectively conveys the je nais se qua of that particular contest. For GDC II, that theme could be boiled down to "swiftly, silently, invisibly" ... the winning entry, while perhaps not the most complicated nor eye catching, most effectively conveyed this vibe.

2) Get entries in as soon as humanly possible. The point of the speed criteria is to penalize late entries who have had the benefit of other's ideas. Do not make the mistake of viewing it as a 1 or 2 point subtraction ... the Design Bling® is a force multiplier ... or reducer. The winning entry managed to edge out a VERY competitive submission purely based on speed.

Thanks all for your participation in this contest, and I appreciate the talent, hard work, in as much as I respect your sportsmanship.

we've got a little surprise for this GDC's winner courtesy of the fine folks here at Ghost Recon.net ...

swartsz, PM me some contact information so I can get this little surprise out to you. :thumbsup:

Congrats to all - this was some fine work! :rocky: