GDC II: Ghost Recon

the.ronin

Speed score? bugga didn't find out about this till today when i read it on front page.

NM mines in limits tho.

Blame Zjj...Thit was what 5 days ago...LOL :D

QUOTE(ZJJ @ Oct 20 2005, 12:02 PM)

When I get home tonight, I plan to write up a brief news piece that will possibly show the winning image or link to it, plus a link to the new contest.

Plenty of time for the next one..and thats a good submission my friend.

HACK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame Zjj...Thit was what 5 days ago...LOL :D

QUOTE(ZJJ @ Oct 20 2005, 12:02 PM)

When I get home tonight, I plan to write up a brief news piece that will possibly show the winning image or link to it, plus a link to the new contest.

Nah ... in fairness, I didn't push her to put up a News entry until well into the contest ... I wanted to give the folks that even bothered to venture in here the benefit. I'm thinking this will be an ongoing practice.

Three posts ... all of them entries - good ones at that. This has to be some sort of whacked out GR.net record.

However, pursuant to the rules...

Make it Count

You have one shot.  While you can modify submitted entries, be advised that the latest date of the modified entry will be reflected in the tally of your score, ergo, decreasing it.  The contestant’s name does not have to be on the entry.  Only one entry per contestant per contest will be considered, and entries may not be completely recycled from prior GDCs.  C’mon, have some dignity, man.

Which one is it gonna be, quimosabe?

Three posts ... all of them entries - good ones at that.  This has to be some sort of whacked out GR.net record.

However, pursuant to the rules...

Make it Count

You have one shot.  While you can modify submitted entries, be advised that the latest date of the modified entry will be reflected in the tally of your score, ergo, decreasing it.  The contestant’s name does not have to be on the entry.  Only one entry per contestant per contest will be considered, and entries may not be completely recycled from prior GDCs.  C’mon, have some dignity, man.

Which one is it gonna be, quimosabe?

Definately take the newest one man. U can scrap the first two I did. I think they suck.

We're just about at the halfway point for GDC Part Deux and designs have been varied and very competitive. I can already tell that the results will be tight. A preliminary look shows entries that were detailed (sometimes hilarious) in terms of the technicalities of a movie poster which would lend to a high utility score. Other entries have clearly been Photoshoped with meticulous attention to detail lending to a high complexity score. And then there are the entries which really make you want to go see this movie ... now that's bling! :)

Looking forward to see if there are any stragglers out there waiting to pounce at the last minute with new or redesigned entries ... sure you'll be dinged on the speed score ... but you'll have had the benefit of feedback and precedence. :shifty:

Well start your grinnin' and drop your linen!!

Two new members to this happy place we call Ghost Recon.net and two new talent to add to the cesspool of design sludge. Me is happy. But I still know there are many others out there, professional designers, mind you, that need to stop being such a chicky.gif

Avey, please stop changing your avatar and sig, it's making me dizzy.

gdc_movieposter_005final.jpg

Great entry ... and I'd hate to be such a pain in the ass - but rules are rules ...

Size Maximum:  500 px wide x 500 px high; 200 kb

You're over by 1 pixel wide.

Also for some reason, I don't think the whole image is showing up but that may be a problem on my end.