Tell you what I'm really excited about....

Tortfeaser

no, not shooting a few of you guys ;)

well maybe :whistle:

but something I'm reallylooking forward to is the edimensional unit.

http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.p...ate_banner_id=1

Have any of you guys tried this with modern games? Is it worth the moolah? thanks.

EDIT - sorry if I put this in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where it should go.

I guess I needto add this: I have held off buying it as no game up to now had the visual possibility that GRAW has - HL2 was close, but no cigar.

Edited by Tortfeaser

Keep the receipt handy. Just in case your like me, one in hundreds of people who suffer from astigmatism or near sightedness. I started developing headaches, discomfort, nausea from the 3D effects. Its cool under the first 10 minutes. Its even cooler when you actually get your aim adjusted which even took me longer than most folks.

Modders who put sooo much more detail and effort into the weapons make the 3D glassess all worth the experience also.

I had to return mine.

Just a bit of advice.

Goodluck

I convinced my friend who had never really played a computer game before to try out Doom III (I thought it would be funny). We turned all the lights off and she started to play it. She didn't get very far and started to feel sick so we stopped. I'd never seen someone get sick from just playing a video game. Guess people have different tolerance levels.

@Cpl - Is that the same as people having seizures because of the flashing lights or am I thinking of something else?

I convinced my friend who had never really played a computer game before to try out Doom III (I thought it would be funny).  We turned all the lights off and she started to play it.  She didn't get very far and started to feel sick so we stopped.  I'd never seen someone get sick from just playing a video game.  Guess people have different tolerance levels.

@Cpl - Is that the same as people having seizures because of the flashing lights or am I thinking of something else?

Yes. In this case it was probably the refresh rate of your monitor affecting her.

I am a big fan of them Tort - they are honestly the most amazing gadget I ever laid eyes on. The downside is that some people seem to have some technical issues in getting them to work. Lucky for me, it was just plug and play.

When you say modern games, if you mean "power hungry frame killer" games, you would have to remember that this device works by creating two version of the same image, which is quite hard work on the graphics card. I tried it on Joint Operations and the frames just died, on Ghost Recon though the frames were still over 30+ so it was all good.

Basically, if you have a good rig and don't suffer any tech issues, you are in for a real treat, the 3d effect is quite something. Playing GR with the 3d glasses on will always be one of the highlights of my gaming history :D

I convinced my friend who had never really played a computer game before to try out Doom III (I thought it would be funny).  We turned all the lights off and she started to play it.  She didn't get very far and started to feel sick so we stopped.  I'd never seen someone get sick from just playing a video game.  Guess people have different tolerance levels.

The meaning of seizureaccdg to Wikipedia.

Like WK said, adjusting framerate helps. Some games gives me that headaches which can be reduced by changing framerates, to me lately has been HL2. Chewing on Ginger or ginger flavored gum can help. Lemon or lime helps too. Lemonhead or sour candies I've read somewhere helps also.

I wear glassess also, so that might affect everything.

Like Rocky said also, this is an awesome addition to your gaming experience. If you have cash give it a whirl. Its one of those devices you owe to yourself to try at least.

:thumbsup:

I got myself a pair after reading Rocky's review a year or so ago. At the Time I had a Gforce Grphics card that was a bit long in the tooth but I though I'd give it ago.

End result was absolutly awsome, GR look absolutly fabulous playing the red square mission was jaw dropping as the breath had depth, Snow flakes come through the screen etc.. Yeah it was awsome. It's also suprising how many other games come to life as well.

The problem is I suffered a fps hit which made it awkward at times So I upgraded my graphics card to a much newer better spee radeon card. Unfortunately I've never managed to get them to work again. :( Even though I have the latest drivers etc...

as for the nausea thing. I feel sick when I play any Fist Person Sooter except GR & R6

I got myself a pair after reading Rocky's review a year or so ago. At the Time I had a Gforce Grphics card that was a bit long in the tooth but I though I'd give it ago.

End result was absolutly awsome, GR look absolutly fabulous playing the red square mission was jaw dropping as the breath had depth, Snow flakes come through the screen etc..  Yeah it was awsome. It's also suprising how many other games come to life as well.

The problem is I suffered a fps hit which made it awkward at times So I upgraded my graphics card to a much newer better spee radeon card. Unfortunately I've never managed to get them to work again.  :( Even though I have the latest drivers etc...

as for the nausea thing. I feel sick when I play any Fist Person Sooter except GR & R6

FPWV that the weapon bounces or the camera bounces up and down like RvS has that effect on me.

Chewing on Ginger or ginger flavored gum can help.  Lemon or lime helps too.  Lemonhead or sour candies I've read somewhere helps also.

Why do I get the feeling that it's just an excuse to have candy/gum? :devil: