GR:AW 360 DELAYED - Feb 2006.

Rocky

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAME Alpha Squad SR2005/6 :D

Ubi decided to hold back release until SR2005 Stealth Recon for GR1 was finished.

Not the Only game to be delayed :-

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Delays-for-...ames-8205.shtml

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000667055466/

there are others.

Microsoft still claiming to have their console on shelves by 22nd November in US, 2nd December Europe, 10th Japan.

Now either Microsoft aren't going to make that deadline, or software companies have been late in recieving required dev kits/updates or they are simply waiting until the 360 has hit the Full Worldwide Market by Early 2006. South America, Australia etc... wont have the 360 until 2006.

Edited by BornToKill

I don't know why anyone would be upset at the XBOX 360 delay. The game looked like some arcade crap shoot. Take as much time as you want to get it right. I'm not going to buy another GR2 (not a threat just fact). I would much rather you cancel the series then put out another arcade game using the GR title.

They have talented people working on this game. All they have to do is focus on what EVERYONE has been saying in these forums for YEARS now. It has never been about fancy graphics, pretty HUD colors, or stupid smoke trails from bullets. Put your focus on the tactical gameplay first and everything else should fall into place.

At least now I have a little hope in this game. You are gonna have to prove to me this game is worth buying. I think you know what it's gonna take...

well i think we should make a decent intelligent thread with requests and or changes to what we have seen.

We did this recently here, and now with news of the delay, I am quite excited that some of the suggestions made in that thread will be recieving more than a passing glance by the development team at Grin :yes:

The only thing that kinda bugs me is that there is one less "launch" title for 360.

I dont mind waiting for stuff. So i guess i'll wait till feb for a 360.

note:

Partial sarcasm in post.... im not interested in GR for Xbox, i like that on my PC. But as a "console kiddy" as well as a PC gamers, I just keep wandering why should i buy a 360 at release if the games arent there?

Oh look at my fancy "custom" cover on my new box... cant wait till they release good games for it in 4 months. Then i could pres that "crazy" little X button.

Now either Microsoft aren't going to make that deadline, or software companies have been late in recieving required dev kits/updates

While i dont know if its true i have heard the dev kits went out extremly late in some cases, causing rumours some weeks/ months back that certain devs didnt have a chance in hell of producing previously expected launch day deadlines

Interesting press release photo I found ...

ubipressconf7cg.jpg

Who knew that the truth could be that priceless? Way to go, Ronin ! !

Ubi is famous for putting out unrealistic release dates, particularly when it comes to PC titles. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if next month, they backed it up to May or June. That is their MO. Always has been.

But hey, maybe they really did take the posts in our threads seriously(and I use that word concerning Ubi not with a grain of salt, but a HUGE salt lick cube), and when they saw how many people weren't happy, and how many weren't going to buy the product out of hand on blind faith, they decided to do something about it.

It would be pretty to think so, I'm just not going to count on it. We haven't been able to count on Ubi for years now.

I have always said, and still do, that if they prove me wrong, I'll eat those words.

Edited by Phantm

Hmmm... feb 20-what-year?¿

What has an MS Xbox to do with an high end gaming PC sys?¿ So this is the next UBI surprise; seeing (aka reading earlier UBI announcements) ain't believing anymore these days.

Yo'Ubi... 24 years from now I'm allowed to retire, any chance that I can get my hands on a working copy of a, former know more than great, GR[-AW] game?¿

Sorry for being cynical, but plz don't try to tell me that it's all & only because of whatever your marketing copywriters guys like to name it.

For your info: "I'm absolutely NOT pleased to announce that I had to decide to devote additional time on waiting for a game..." 'pleased & devote?¿' Whahahaha!! Do you guys really believe such words/phrases yourself ?¿

Go shame on yourself and be glad that there still stays a dedicated group of old school GR-all-over-the-world players, otherwise you all would be fired within the next months.

*Jeez, it seems I'm really p#ss#d*

Ive been coming to this site and the main site time to time now waiting for a decent release from ubi for the sequel to ghost recon. as much as Ive seen certain aspects of the game are starting to sound real good like the customisable character and the online campaign. tho i seem to be getting in confusion with what this game is really gonna be like, i watched the recent video of the game which looks good and it has probably given us more information about the game than anything else. but looking at that and the PC screenshots. it somewhat confused me on how the gameplay will set.

in all short terms i think ubi should be firstly putting the game in to categories with the different consoles and PC, and then secondly giving us a strong idear on what the game play will be like for each. because to be completely honest i couldn't care less about console versions Ive been waiting to play number 2 which they didn't release so lets get some good new from the PC side, and the sites of delays is not good i think if ubi cancelled this for PC they might have to change there name.

Ive been coming to this site and the main site time to time now waiting for a decent release from ubi for the sequel to ghost recon. as much as Ive seen certain aspects of the game are starting to sound real good like the customisable character and the online campaign. tho i seem to be getting in confusion with what this game is really gonna be like, i watched the recent video of the game which looks good and it has probably given us more information about the game than anything else. but looking at that and the PC screenshots. it somewhat confused me on how the gameplay will set.

in all short terms i think ubi should be firstly putting the game in to categories with the different consoles and PC, and then secondly giving us a strong idear on what the game play will be like for each. because to be completely honest i couldn't care less about console versions Ive been waiting to play number 2 which they didn't release so lets get some good new from the PC side, and the sites of delays is not good i think if ubi cancelled this for PC they might have to change there name.

Or how about just putting out 1 kick ass version for both PC and Console folks that captures the sim like tactical essence of [GR] with the nice visual achievements of GR2SS.

I'm all for delaying the game if you can take the gameplay back to Ghost Recon Classic that everybody's been craving since [GR] and GRIT came out. Hell I'll wait til next year if you can deliver that kind of mojo again.

Edited by Zoolabs

Or how about just putting out 1 kick ass version for both PC and Console folks that captures the sim like tactical essence of [GR] with the nice visual achievements of GR2SS.

I'm all for delaying the game if you can take the gameplay back to Ghost Recon Classic that everybody's been craving since [GR] and GRIT came out.  Hell I'll wait til next year if you can deliver that kind of mojo again.

Herein lies the root of everyone's request. The sad truth is that the sooner you (in general, not just you, Zoolabs) can come to grips with the fact that that is NOT going to happen, the sooner we can move on with our lives. What ###### me off is Ubi's, RSE's, and Grin's attempts to prove otherwise, yet fail to show one iota of this simple, straightforward request. Again, I appreciate the devs work and brilliant talent - I don't appreciate their ###### footing and assuming I'll buy into it. No dice.

I'm all for delaying the game if you can take the gameplay back to Ghost Recon Classic that everybody's been craving since [GR] and GRIT came out.  Hell I'll wait til next year if you can deliver that kind of mojo again.

Herein lies the root of everyone's request. The sad truth is that the sooner you (in general, not just you, Zoolabs) can come to grips with the fact that that is NOT going to happen, the sooner we can move on with our lives. What ###### me off is Ubi's, RSE's, and Grin's attempts to prove otherwise, yet fail to show one iota of this simple, straightforward request. Again, I appreciate the devs work and brilliant talent - I don't appreciate their ###### footing and assuming I'll buy into it. No dice.

No doubt. I'm not holding my breath. I doubt any future Ghost Recon game will ever capture the magic forumula that made [GR] such an awsome game. However, if the folks at RSE/UBI/GRIN want to hire me as a lead manager, I could surely help guide their wonderful talents and efforts towards creating another masterpiece. :D

might be.. But I'm not sure. Guess I should've seen the fact that no demo has been released, no REAL publicity campaign has kicked off yet. ######!, should've known that November was too unrealistic

"If I woke up in the morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I couldn't be anymore suprised than I am right now." -Chevy chase, National lampoons christmas vacation

Edited by Papa6

We did this recently here, and now with news of the delay, I am quite excited that some of the suggestions made in that thread will be recieving more than a passing glance by the development team at Grin  :yes:

I am glad to hear about the delay too. Any extra time to make the game better is fine in my book. Can you imagine what R6 Lockdown would have been like if they didn't get the extra time ... :unsure::whistle:

And Rocky is right - GRIN getting suggestions a 1-2 months before the game is due to be released would almost be impossible to implement - in fact, the game would need to go gold master within a few weeks for it to make the original Nov date.

BTW, the press release with Ubi "pleased" about announcing the delay cracks me up cuz you know their bottom line will be smarting from missing out on a pre-Christmas release :rofl:

Whussup!?(first post) Anyway, i was real upset that the game got delayed. GRAW was the main reason that i was getting a 360. But then again if the devs are gonna use the extra time to develop a great game,then i guess its cool. The delay also helped me out because, i was trying to figure out how i was gonna buy a 360+ a game, along with the deposit money for an a apt. Now i guess ill just wait till february.

I sense much anger in your posts, Ronin. You appear to be flaming Ubi a little there. Yeah, well... maybe they aren't a community studio with 50 employees like Bungie, Bethesda, or Bizarre Studios, but at least they're not I-don't-give-a-sh#t EA, either. Just the fact that they delayed the game means they somewhat care about delivering a good game, don't you think? Hopefully that will put the disturbance I felt to rest :P