U.B.I. Statment

Colin

Here

Ubisoft today.

October 6th 2005.

Ghost Recon 3

Advanced Warfighter was playable in both single and multiplayer modes and although the game play was very smooth, the graphics were a little underwhelming. However this was the first playable build of the game and we can be assured that the guys at Ubi will be spending the time between now and launch to fully optimize the game. I found both portions of the game retained the feeling of the previous Ghost Recon titles and looks like a game that fans of the original will appreciate more compared to GR2. A very advanced (in terms of game play) and a very cool game indeed.

That's it for now but keep your eyes out for some exclusive interviews, videos and a closer look at some of the games right here!

Latest Interview HERE.

interesting that ubi, would put that particular comment about their game on their site,. maybe they are thinking they need to acknowledge that it doesnt look like what the previously said was gameplay and now they want to shape i up. interesting indeed. not sure what to make of it.

That really sucks because I'm a console gamer, but that doesn't mean I'm a 10 year old kid who wants to run and gun.  I can't afford to upgrade my PC.

I and a bunch of my other online friends which I met though playing GR:IT for the Xbox feel the exact same way. I feel like Ubisoft is giving us console gamers just a taste of what we could have gotten if we were PC gamers. Why can't we share some of the great tactical experiences the PC guys do. I understand some of the features are better for the PC version. But I still can't help the fact that I and others feel left out on a great game we won't ever play unless we have a high-end computer to play it on. It's almost like us console gamers aren't good enough or "rich" enough to have the same experiences most of the PC guys will when GRAW is out.

Edited by MaggotSteve

This is what they need to do, to merit a good review, they need to review console versions under console standards and PC under PC standards.

I'm being swung left and right but I come to realise that they review and rate GRAW under the Console version. That's not a just way of trying to put a fair look into a game.

I've only seen I think, one PC review/preview here that was a scanned magazine of the PC(?) version

oh well..

I'm not sure I'm even going to buy the 360.

When it gets colder out and I have some more time, I'm going to get a copy of GR for the PC and try gaming on my laptop. If it is workable (even though I have a 12" screen) I might seriously consider dropping consoles altogether. That way I can run GR or Obsidian Edge.

At least with a laptop I can still sit in my easy chair, although I'm REALLY going to miss the big screen. :(

OK, just in short. I played GR1 a lot on PC, then Island thuder on Xbox; I enjoyed in both games: good graphics, good play, good feel. I intended to buy 360 mostly because of GR3; on pics it looked like Full metal jacket, but then I saw gameplay from IGN and it looks like arcade on nintendo handy. I am absolutely disgust with what the quality of game is. There are many gamers who want to have serious immersion in war game and for arcades there will be other stuff outside (gow, halo3). Ubisoft, if you read that, fix that game or you are dead to me!

I don't understand the logic here by these developers. Why dumb down the game and make it more Arcadey and less "tactical, dry, and realistic" when you don't need to. The reason why the first Ghost Recon game and Island Thunder were so good on Xbox, was that they offered something different. = Ultra Dry, Tactical, 1 Shot Kill or be killed gameplay. People love sim style games where skill matters. Just look at the sales figures for [GR], GRIT, and Rainbow Six. <---- All of which were tactial, 1 shot kill sim style games that people loved. The numbers show it. [GR], GRIT, Rainbow Six were all at the top of the charts for sales and popularity on Xbox live. Why make such extreme changes in the core gameplay that made these franchises so popular when you already had such positive financial feedback, and such a huge fan base???

Lets just examine the 2 franchises and where they've come and gone.

GR and GRIT - precision and accuracy where a must(you couldn't kill someone shooting full auto across the map). 1 shot kills, weapons had deep variation in how they felt.

GR2 and SS- everybody walks around with full auto spraying across the mapp. No focus on precision and accuracy. Ballistics took a nose dive. OTS view allowed players to see around objects. Bullet lag

Rainbow Six and Black Arrow - Slow, sim style games where you had to use single shot and control your bursts to be accurate. Tactical ultra dry.

Rainbow Six Lockdown - Run around, Spray, Spray, ridiculous amounts of auto aim. No sense of realism or tactical play

Seeing a trend here ?

Gone are the days where using single shot meant something. The video's I have seen of GRAW break my heart. In the Gamespot interview with Serellian, it looks exactly like the same GR2 gameplay with some impressive visual effects. Have you seen this video? http://www.xbox-attitude.com/goodies-redirect-4523.html

Im sorry but spraying someone full auto from across the map with the ret totally bloomed out, and still getting kills is retarted. It's not realistic and not fun. I don't know 1 person that loved the [Ghost Recon] that doesn't think GR2 was a huge step in the wrong direction.

Edited by Zoolabs

Ye but look at how in accurate he was on Full Auto, single shot mode he'd have taken them out a lot easier.Demonstration purposes was all that vids meant for, although i'd like to have seen them switch to burst and single fire from time to time.

In GR1 I run around with burst on, and switch to single shot rapidly if i'm not getting my target.

I don't understand the logic here by these developers.  Why dumb down the game and make it more Arcadey and less "tactical, dry, and realistic" when you don't need to.  The reason why the first Ghost Recon game and Island Thunder were so good on Xbox, was that they offered something different. = Ultra Dry, Tactical, 1 Shot Kill or be killed gameplay.  People love sim style games where skill matters.  Just look at the sales figures for [GR], GRIT, and Rainbow Six.  <---- All of which were tactial, 1 shot kill sim style games that people loved.  The numbers show it.  [GR], GRIT, Rainbow Six were all at the top of the charts for sales and popularity on Xbox live.  Why make such extreme changes in the core gameplay that made these franchises so popular when you already had such positive financial feedback, and such a huge fan base???   

Lets just examine the 2 franchises and where they've come and gone.

GR and GRIT - precision and accuracy where a must(you couldn't kill someone shooting full auto across the map). 1 shot kills, weapons had deep variation in how they felt.

GR2 and SS-  everybody walks around with full auto spraying across the mapp.  No focus on precision and accuracy.  Ballistics took a nose dive.  OTS view allowed players to see around objects.  Bullet lag

Rainbow Six and Black Arrow - Slow, sim style games where you had to use single shot and control your bursts to be accurate. Tactical ultra dry.

Rainbow Six Lockdown - Run around, Spray, Spray, ridiculous amounts of auto aim.  No sense of realism or tactical play

Seeing a trend here ?

Gone are the days where using single shot meant something.  The video's I have seen of GRAW break my heart.  In the Gamespot interview with Serellian, it looks exactly like the same GR2 gameplay with some impressive visual effects.  Have you seen this video? http://www.xbox-attitude.com/goodies-redirect-4523.html 

Im sorry but spraying someone full auto from across the map with the ret totally bloomed out, and still getting kills is retarted.  It's not realistic and not fun.  I don't know 1 person that loved the [Ghost Recon] that doesn't think GR2 was a huge step in the wrong direction.

ERR, i disagree with you on how you say summit strike is played, i find it to be mostly skilled people on the higher rankings, who use team tactics and very very very rarely am i killed by someone on full auto unless he is a gunner. most the time it is long range rifles.

ERRR maybe you play with some special people then, cause pretty much everybody I have played with in public rooms, and every match I have played in, the majority of people are firing full auto or burst fire. Not only are they firing full auto, but they are strafing back and forth like mad and still getting kills as though they were stationary firing accurate single shots. And rankings don't mean squat in the game except you have a lot of time to play. My point is that GR2 and SS are much more Arcadey types of games where you don't have to be as accurate with single shot because shooting on full auto and burst is very forgiving.

Edited by Zoolabs

Full auto and burst was in the PC as well, don't forget. People use full auto or burst on xbox because you can't be pixel accurate like you can with a mouse. I wouldn't blame it on the game.

Plus, I believe it's all in who you play with.

Full auto and burst was in the PC as well, don't forget. People use full auto or burst on xbox because you can't be pixel accurate like you can with a mouse. I wouldn't blame it on the game.

Plus, I believe it's all in who you play with.

Of course buddy, Full auto and burst were in [GR] and GRIT for xbox as well as PC and were very useful when up close on somebody. However if you shot at full auto on [GR] at a target far away you weren't gonna be hitting much. In GR2 you will register the kill. And it is the game im sorry to say. The ballistcs and hit detection in [GR] were 10 times better like the PC version, thus making single shot more important for accuracy, thus making the game more tactical cause 1 shot kills counted and spraying wildly got you nothing at reasonable distances. There are alot of older dudes like me that play console as well as PC and loved the Sim aspect of [GR] and GRIT on the Xbox. All of the younger guys I played with loved it as well because weapons were more accurate per pixel. It made the game more challenging because you had to be precise with your ret and your shot. It's a common industry misperception that kids like more Arcadey, easy games. Most of the little guys and gals I have played with on Xbox Live are more competitive than some of the older folks and prefer the ultra dry precise sim style.

Edited by Zoolabs

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is being made for all types of gamers, on different platforms.

UBI realise that gamers cover a wide spetrum of tastes, and have had the opertunity to make a game with nearly no boudarys in the 360 version.

Things that they wanted in other games and other versions are now a reality and can be done.

Hundreds of options in the console versions, to suite all types of player.

I would say in the 360 version you will have the option to play like a youngster and shoot every things that moves.

Or go the other direction altogether and play covertly. You will have the option to do both, your choice, your rules, your game.

This has never realy been possible before, unless you mod somthing.

Never before have you had a game that will look amazing and can be played as you would want.

Given the xtra time the Dev Team have, this game will do RSE proud.

As a pc gamer I am a little jealous.

Colin