Ghost Recon.net Forums

NEW Gameplay from X05

Oh dear ... I ummmm, dont realy like that. :unsure: ... I also feel bad having to feel that way too as so far things have looked real good.

Grenades sound like marbles being thrown?

Whats with all the dramatic music?

Ummm, ive been hyped for a while but I damn sure hope this isnt like SP PC.

Well I guess "music off" will be my first menu audio options.

Umm, this footage has thrown me a bit ... it is console but it does make me super cautious not to go out and buy PC version on release before awaiting feedback here.

Heh, maybe this game will be like my sig LOL :o=

Edited by calius
Oh dear ... I ummmm, dont realy like that.  :unsure:  ... I also feel bad having to feel that way too as so far things have looked real good.

Grenades sound like marbles being thrown?

Whats with all the dramatic music?

Ummm, ive been hyped for a while but I damn sure hope this isnt like SP PC.

Well I guess "music off" will be my first menu audio options.

Umm, this footage has thrown me a bit ...  it is console but it does make me super cautious not to go out and buy PC version on release before awaiting feedback here.

Heh, maybe this game will be like my sig LOL  :o=

i thought some sound effects were great, especially the bullets dinging off of objects and walls. NICE

but yeah, i mean it definitely seems to be the sequel to GR2 and not GR1. for some that is not a bad thing. I am really curious as to how open strategically these maps will be.

THat looked fine...

Nothing wrong with a bit of music in there

I dont care how it plays because its not pc version anyway..

graphics look quite good

sound effects are great

but i've never liked console versions of games anyway and we know that PC is going to be more tactical.

GR single player missions had music. Sometimes it was a weird tappinng beat on a bongo or something.

I had mixed feelings about the footage. First it's damn good to actualy see stuff that wasnt packages as part of a pr thing.

I felt though that he as standing in the middle of the road and wasn't getting hit even though there were enemy in sight. If that were GR1 they'd have dropped him with a single shot. I hope it's not programed in to let him get away with stuff like that.

I liked the sound effects, they were very crisp. At the same time though there was a kind of scripted feeling about them. I hope not. If the SE are according to whats going on in the field and they are that crisp it could great. I hope the atmospheric and chracter movement sounds have a big impact on multi play.

Wasn't too keen on those mini crates bouncing all over the place. They looked like they were made of rubber.

On the whole though it's just good to see it in action. It looked way too arcady for me but at the same time a few tweaks for the pc and it could be some classic GR fun. I dont see why RSE and GRIN won't give us what we want. They know what PC GR players want from GRAW and it can be done. It's just really a matter of whether corporate will allow them to tailor it for us or force them to tailor it for a 'projected' arcade loving potential pc crowd. I hope it's the former.

In GR1 the music was a skit intro part and only realy happened on death or insertion .. but that clip was like Medal Of Honour style dramatics withing the actual gameplay (all over it) ... Im cool with setting the mood but unless Im a soldier wearing a walkman while in battle ... its not "realism" for me.

OR ...

Was that music added to the clip for the demonstration?

Edited by calius

Funny movie (sarcastic voice) :)

The frags do sound like marbles and it's extremely arcadish.

I mean, who would stand in the middle of the street throwing frags at someone while being under fire and the frags don't even reach the targeted distance....

The icons around the enemies while being behind a wall (x-ray eyes?) are very nice too <_< ...reminds me of a flight simulator locking onto a target.

Sorry, except the awesome visual candy, this game isn't very appealing to the more tactical gamer and doesn't even come close to it's original older brother GR1.

Edited by deleyt
So much for tactics ... the whole time the player ran around full tilt ala Medal of Honor.  Oh ... this must be the part of the game catering to the action oriented.  :rolleyes:

it's extremely arcadish.

I mean, who would stand in the middle of the street throwing frags at someone while being under fire and the frags don't even reach the targeted distance....

That would be due to the PERSON playing it, not the game. It's the same mission/level as in the other video (where he shoots the truck at the start) whereas in that one the person played it using sighted weapon and moved from cover to cover and never once used frags

also if you noticed "the hand" coming into shot pointing out when the player should go i would suspect that was someone "getting a go" and not very well (or someone trying to show off the frags - which could be why he used so many)

Remember you can play GR1 like Counter-Strike - running around standing up spraying . . . . . you just don't live long and get your team wiped out.

just cause a player in a video doesn't use tactics doesn't mean it's not a tactical game. . . just that he is a crap player (or normally plays CS) :P

The footage looked horrible. I like war SIMULATIONS, not games. Games, especially shoot-em-up are for lil' kids and airheads. UBI is not catering anything for the intellectual portion of gamers. I think that UBI really thinks all gamers are idiots. I'm looking forward to [OFP: DR]. Now, I'm not saying I'm Einstein, but I just happen to like realism. Nothing pleases me more in a game.

Besides, I am a bit irritated because I think that us PC GR1 fans are being totally ignored and given false promises long enough. I feel I must speak out straight and mercilessly even though there are technically many wonderful aspects in the game.

Why did the enemy not hit the player even though the enemy was at times more covered than the player? The player totally got away with running through the battlefield MOH-style even though he should of been gunned down into pieces.

The grenade particle effects were from the previous century.

Where was the team play? Is this game about running around lone-wolf style?

The end scene: In GR1, the distant enemy soldier would've got prone and shot the player in the brain with few well aimed rounds. And because of that, the player should of moved in more cautiously the next time, maybe setting a flank, and ordering some teammates to come in from an other direction.

But boo hoo, nothing can come so hard in this lolli pop world of bright colors, crayons and candy we are being stuffed with...

*needs UBI to change diaper*

Edited by Machine