Ghost Lite!

nuttyknatty

Anyone whose read my posts (I am aware that i have a growing fan base - not!) will probably be aware that I'm having real problems getting online. The reasons are many but can be distilled to the following:

1. I only have GR patched to v1.4 (no mods, no expansion packs, nothing - just the cd that comes in the box!)

2. I have little expertise with pcs

3. I have a busy life!

4. I don't feel good enough to join a clan

5. Teamspeak, ventrillo, Allseeing Eye etc. just confuses the hell out of me!

I though it might be a good idea to get an idea of how many of you guys and gals are in the same boat as me (hello lio!). Once we get enough of us we can organise a game! Post if your interested.

(even if you're equipped with any of the extras - post if you would be prepared to 'slim down' occasionally)

Hi Guys,

Yeah, I am always keen on a game of Ghost Lite, all these mods are fun but they make it very difficult to join games when everyine has their own likes and dislikes in mods.

I recommend you use the UBI games lobby that you got with your GR cd, or acquire it from UBI themselves, it will update itself automatically and then go to the GR lobby, and 'create a game' call it Ghost Lite room and then whenever you are there, we can seeeee yoooouuu!! :)

Hopefully catch game with you sometimes.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...
4. I don't feel good enough to join a clan

You don't need to be good to get in a clan. If people only take on players that are good players it doesn't mean they would be good team, as they may not gel or even like each other. Always better to recruit people you want to sit on a ts2 channel for hours on end than whether they can shoot an extra person than me.

Good point Cobblers.

I am sure that clans are most welcoming to us newbies, and are probably a good way in to meeting other gamers and improving skills.

My only issue is that I am seriously quite poor at this game! No, really poor. I'm not trying to be coy or clever, but I am still only on Level 6 of the original game and rarely ever shoot anyone when I do manage to get online!

I wouldn't want to put people off joining a clan - I'm just a liabilty on the battlefield!

That's the thing though, you will be if you are new to the game. Remember this, there are plenty of people out there who have been playing GR1 for years, so it's going to be hard to much much head ground in such a short space of time.

Once GRAW comes out you will be on an even ground with everyone else, as no one should become any more elite at this game than you. So enjoy GR1 for now, even if you are poor at it and once GRAW comes out take the bull by the horns and go for it.

Although my old clan has gone by the way side, we would have welcomed anyone who had an interest in playing GR1/GRAW, as right now these sort of players are hard to come by. And once GRAW is released, any clan will want to hit the road running, not trailing behind everyone else trying to recruit and get extra members.

So I wouldn't give yourself a hard time over it. Jeez, I've been playing this game since it was released, had a break for a year and now I can't hit a target for love, nor money, so you're in the same boat as me tbh.

Being that you are in Ireland (you said you were Irish) and I am in the States (am of Irish descent), there are 5 hours between us. If I post the IP now, you would be able to play now.

Sorry, just saw your message now. I'm ready to play whenever you post the ip anyway.

Good to know there's another irishman around :)