Top 5 Fan Suggestion!

Rocky

1. The slide feature that I seen in the video, please put a pause of 3 sec or more between slides, I know soldiers have knee pads for a reason but I'd like to avoid bunny hop like sliding all around the map.

2. This game is gonna get played to DEATH please have your QA team test the crap outta collision on every square inch of the maps, to avoid the plauged Docks type of glitchers.

3. I personally loved the hell out of the replays in the last and thought they were the best cheat protection ever, pbs okie but nothing beats the eye of the beholder.

4. Large weapon arsenal just like last time, I dont really care for spending 3 mins trying to config my weapon while others are screaming at me to RDY up ,

5. Find a new RDY up so that noobs understand, or that by vote we can ready up. As well MAKE The new people make a name other then Johndoe, dont hide it in the options, if they click the MP button the first time a make a name tab should appear.

But Clearly I understand if none of my requests get in due to the timeline left in Prod, even if prod is still active, which normally it would not be only massive debug. Anywho thanks GRIN for making my fav PC game.

the enemy should use hit and run tactics. I'd like to see them 3 times out of 10 just take a few well aimed shots and then conduct a withdrawal, using bounding overwatch. It works for insurgents in the sandbox, and is generally an effective guerrilla tactic.

1. Multipule character switching and fine tune control. This is the make-it or Break-it feature for me. Without it, its not ghost recon. This represents about 70% of my entire intrest in the game.

2. A 6 man team. I think more might get a bit difficult to control, but 6 worked beutifuly. 4 is FAR to small, the ability to split into at least three seprate fireteams is a must. Also, allows to re-organize fireteams on the fly.

3. Keep skill selection and improvement. I realy enjoyed that balancing between class/equipment/skill sets.

Thoose are the most important things for me (and really, just #1), anything else is just icing.

1. MP CO-OP against AI - 9 players minimum.

2. Switchable characters - to any you wish.

3. Scalable command map / switch off / on - HUD (like in GR1)

4. Decent enough scalable graphic options for us poorer PC owners.

5. Sandbox map making tool - with PLENTY of scope for dynamic mission scripting ala - IGOR scripting functionality.

- Slighty not on the list, but will there be a facility for playing online whereas a mission could dynamicaly on-the-fly change scenario (especialy in MP CO-OP).

IE - mission objectives change over time due to criterea, with IGOR this was scripted so you could get used to the pattern of red-herrings etc, but could it be dynamic so a threat or change in situation or objective be on-the-fly at the server so MP co-op players are faced with a changing scenario each mission play/each time?

Edited by calius

!. A larger team for both SP and MP Coop missions. (Someone recently posted a picture of an SF team and there were 12 with 11 in the picture).

2. Character switching

3. Switchable FPWV (I know that was something I hinted at in a strange way).

4. Less "light bloom" Not really a realistic feature.

5. Not so many weapons choices. The US miitary doesn't have a large small arms arsenol with manufactureres from all over the world in it's inventory. This is one of the biggest gripes I have a about weapons mods. They add hundreds of weapons and it makes it hard to find one you really want to use.

Hmm, maybe this is pretty cool..

In Call of Duty you have something called "Killcam", it's a serveroption you can turn on/off. In public games (not matches) you can turn it on for example, what it does?

It shows the view of the enemy that killed you - the 5 seconds before you got killed and i believe 1-2 seconds after the kill. So you see how he killed you, so this might prevent you from yelling cheater or answering your question: where the hell he shot you from.

For some people this means they have to move to a new campspot next round i think :shifty:

Oh yeah, Gridded commandmap ofcourse. (mentioned before here :))

Replays/Clientsided replays

pff, dont know something else at the moment.. well

Maybe some kind of tool to log the games, nicknames, ip's .. stats

1.] Replays... (I know it's being beaten to death).

2.] Similar Briefing and between game chats like the original.

3.] Rural maps (For Multi Player atleast).

4.] Customizable Soldiers for SP and MP

5.] Naked dancing girls that bring you food and refreshmants while you play. Errr .... I mean... Larger Squads for CO-OP mp.

1/ Four man patrols are good and realistic, British SF-wise, but six is comfortable and 'proven' in the 'game' of GR SP.

2/ The ability to move from one character to another in SP......because........that is a 'crucial' feature of GR. IT IS........A CRUCIAL ASPECT OF THE 'GAME'!!!

GR PC IS 'NOT'.......I REPEAT.......'NOT'.....ABOUT....A PATROL COMMANDER 'CHARACTER DRIVEN' PLOT THAT GR2 WAS. IF YOU WANT CHARACTERS.....'TUNE' IN TO SAM FISHER. 'THEY' ARE GHOSTS......IT'S NOT ABOUT CAPTAIN 'DAVE' AND HIS HEROES!!!........IS IT.........SWEDEN?!!!

3/ The limp. ;)

4/ Now........I've been saying this for at least TWO YEARS now.....I want to be able to move from prone to standing, in less [and more realistic] time than it currently takes one to do in GR. When you hear or see a grenade, for example.......you ###### out!!!

5/ GRIN?...........I want this game that you develop, to have as much 'game', as GR still has today!........enough said!!!

DS

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I saw the recent X05 vids... and I don't have many complaints.

1) Implement Havok 3.1 physics! I dunno why nobody's mentionned it, but I heard in a dev. interview that GRAW uses Havok 2... which puzzles me, since even Bethesda Softworks' Elder Scrolls IV has the newest version.

2) Generally just improve some of the effects.

3) Make enemies a little more resistant. I didn't appreciate the fact that your opponents could be dropped with a shot to the toe, à la Delta Force (if you know what I'm talking about, you're die-hard in my book).

4) Leave the arcadey feel of GR2. Maybe go in the direction of Summit Strike, but just keep the overall GR2 atmosphere. I loved it.

5) A great lobby system for Xbox Live. I'd love something that resembles the party system in Halo 2. Maybe add a server browser, but Halo 2's was simply extraordinary.

In the X05 vids, I noticed that the "Advanced Noobfighter" system (i.e. Red outlines, diamonds) was omni-present, and only occasionally popping up when you had the reticle pointed at an enemy. And leave the arcadey feel of GR2! I know many people won't agree with this, but I'm just giving my opinion. By the way, I have to say I'm quite happy to hear of the delay, since to me that's an indication they're not rushing the game to meet the launch. I'm glad they're not pulling an EA on us. Everyone's talking about it... since the "GRAW for dummies" (or console version of GRAW, as some call it) is heading into a more mainstream direction anyway... keep the squad down to 4 players! And maybe add a little story-driven thing in there. I mean, people talk about the realism of [GR] all the time... possessing soldiers after you're dead is not my idea of realism! :rofl:

Edited by Colin

I have a suggestion...how about releasing GRAW on time? good start.

Added: how about including an area on team players arms to hold a patch. let each team make patches for their teams and then allow them to place them on their shoulder like ravenshield could.

Edited by Papa6

After coming to a few conclusions out loud on various threads :

HUD - Make sure every facet of it can be toggled on/off for our gameplay prefs.

BIG IE: Diamonds & Seeing through walls (outline). <---- Seeing the outline through walls I think should be scrapped full-stop anyway. << WK confirmed not in PC version so forget I put that.

Diamonds = justified if only seen if a team mate has ID'd enemy and updates your HUD (which i believe's the case) .. still switchable though.

OR ..

Have an option in HUD settings/prefs that has "Enemy location notification" - with 2 user options - HUD & Tac Map or Tac Map blimp only.

- my wording is scrappy but you get the idea.

Edited by calius

5. Not so many weapons choices. The US miitary doesn't have a large small arms arsenol with manufactureres from all over the world in it's inventory. This is one of the biggest gripes I have a about weapons mods. They add hundreds of weapons and it makes it hard to find one you really want to use.

Yeah, I agree. hard to sift through 300 kits when you get 30 seconds on a auto timed game..

Yeah, I agree. hard to sift through 300 kits when you get 30 seconds on a auto timed game..

Isnt that mainly regarding choice via modders and player though?

IE: Dont make mods with large kits / or have an option in setting say "Use default kits" that ignores extra weapons from mods and just points to stock weapons in official game.

Edited by calius

1. Ability to look around while in using scope. eg. you press whatever zoom button and you zoom in on a spot, then by pressing and holding, say, right mouse button you instantly go back a bit from the scope and can look around without the gun moving, thus better portraying the situational awareness you would have in a situation like that.