Declaration of Revocation.....

Dick Splash

then youll be one of the first to get locked up for failure to recognise Her Majesty's Rule.... And how can you call American Football Cool???? its a poofters version of Rugby....

Which Rugby is that mate? League or Union? Then there's cricket LOL

Watch all the Yanks chuck trying to bowl. :rofl:

@ DS Good one mate. Let them into the Commonwealth :P

@ Para yes- tea. Lovely stuff. White, two sugars. ;)

And warm beer. :nono:

League and Union are both better than American Football will ever be..... but i have to agree it would be damn funny trying to watch the Yanks play Cricket...... im just looking foreward to the 2 Union internationals coming up.... South africa this weekend then were gonna tank Australia next weekend LOL :D:D

Depends I guess- the best players the wallabies have are all ex Leagure players. In Eastern Australia at least league is more popular than Union- Guess it depends on which state ur in too. The ever present AFL is well followed (AFL is basically irish Rules BTW).

@ Para- BTW mate too funny mate. Indeed and BTW whats wrong with drinking tea? :huh:

U do realise I will hunt u down next time we Play VBS mate :o:ph34r::devil:

Edit:- I would like to apologise on behlaf of Australia for Steve Irwin. We were hoping a crocodile would eat him before he hit the world stage.... :whistle:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then youll be one of the first to get locked up for failure to recognise Her Majesty's Rule.... And how can you call American Football Cool???? its a poofters version of Rugby....

League and Union are both better than American Football will ever be..... but i have to agree it would be damn funny trying to watch the Yanks play Cricket...... im just looking foreward to the 2 Union internationals coming up.... South africa this weekend then were gonna tank Australia next weekend LOL :D:D

There'a a reason we Yanks don't play cricket: we're too manly for that 'sport'. We have yet to reach the bombastic heights required for us to trade our stout collective manhood for a cup of tea and stiff-lipped snobbery. :P

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That me the British way- certianly not the Aussie way- Beer, Sunscreen and fast bowlers....unless ur Shane Warne and have a hefty phone bill. :wacko:

@ Assault Reserve:- It's only humour- and it's very tame at that. As u can see we have ripped into each other as well. It's expected and normal. Esp with the Brits and Aussies....warm beer. We are all on the same side. Doesn't stop us having a bit of fun. :P

@ Para- BTW mate too funny mate. Indeed and BTW whats wrong with drinking tea?  :huh:

It's just nasty. I tried it for the first time last weekend, and it's just blech. I can't see how you can drink the stuff regularly. If I need a drink with caffeine, I'll take Coke or coffee. Coffee tastes like chalk black, but it's better then plain tea, or for that matter, tea with sugar or whatever else you put in it.

Well, this doesn't really matter, because I live in Utah. Hooray, anarchy :whistle:

@ Gordo:  Nothing's wrong with drinking tea.  I regularly enjoy a cup myself.  I just know Brits and other folks of the Commonwealth enjoy a good tea religiously.  I knew it would strike a chord with the weak of heart.  :)

Still going to have to hunt u down Para.... :yes: Might even be sipping some tea while I'm at it. :P

Sniping and Sipping tea- the good life :whistle:

I regularly enjoy a cup myself.

Para, what brand do you drink? The best I've found (without going to gourmet brands) in North America is Tetley's.

Red Rose is crap. Too much dust in the bags. Grocery store brands, ditto. Tazo, out of Seattle (afaik Starbuck's house brand in the US, as it is here) is fantastic teas and tissanes.

It is all about technique though. A spot of tea is an art form, just like really good coffee takes practice, quality beans, and good hardware.

Mind you, the fact I used to sell gourmet coffee/tea for a living had some influence on me. :blink:

There'a a reason we Yanks don't play cricket: we're too manly for that 'sport'. We have yet to reach the bombastic heights required for us to trade our stout collective manhood for a cup of tea and stiff-lipped snobbery. :P

Then why did aussies destroy them in the world cup? Well, i spose you could say the Americans weret playing cricket. They were doing something with a bat and ball, but they werent going anywhere :devil:

Did you mean the Rugby World Cup... as in last year... as in WE WON!!!!!! 17 - 15 to England...... as for Cricket i dont watch it but im sure that well beat you soon

Para, what brand do you drink? The best I've found (without going to gourmet brands) in North America is Tetley's.

Red Rose is crap. Too much dust in the bags. Grocery store brands, ditto. Tazo, out of Seattle (afaik Starbuck's house brand in the US, as it is here) is fantastic teas and tissanes.

It is all about technique though. A spot of tea is an art form, just like really good coffee takes practice, quality beans, and good hardware.

Mind you, the fact I used to sell gourmet coffee/tea for a living had some influence on me. :blink:

Ah Ha!!! Tetleys.... Made in ENGLAND!!!!! you see boys and girls you cant escape our influence!!! :devil::devil:

Then why did aussies destroy them in the world cup? Well, i spose you could say the Americans weret playing cricket. They were doing something with a bat and ball, but they werent going anywhere :devil:

Did you mean the Rugby World Cup... as in last year... as in WE WON!!!!!! 17 - 15 to England...... as for Cricket i dont watch it but im sure that well beat you soon

No, the english team didnt win, Johnny Wilkinson Featuring The english Rugby all stars did.

As for the cricket, not in this life time mate.

nice win against scotland in the rubgy BTW

NZ played Wales, in that match the prize is the same for both sides: 15 sheep and 15 pairs of wellies :P

Edit:- I would like to apologise on behlaf of Australia for Steve Irwin. We were hoping a crocodile would eat him before he hit the world stage....

how can you say that? the man it awesome! almost as good as rolf harris

I drink whatever my wife gives me. Usually green tea or chamomile tea. I'm really not fond of 'regular' tea, and there's no way on God's green earth I'll drink iced tea.

Edited by Parabellum

Do I have to teach the masses how to make a cup of proper tea?

I'll excuse the UK/Ireland folks from the lesson, as I know you don't need the assistance.  ;)

Please do, I've got some more tea right here to brew up. If it's any good the way you tell me to do it, I'll become a fan.

Iced tea is nasty plain, but stuff like Lipton's raspberry and even the lemon iced teas are pretty tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Jingscrivenshelpmaboab!!!

All this arguing and no mention of the Scots. Time to put that right ;)

(And before you all go and get medival on us, just remember who the Big boss of this site is :devil: )

Wha's like us