Far Cry Editor

WitchKnot9

• 2 weeks later...

The official GR UK site posted about a cool vid on GameTrailers where 2 RSE devs create a map on Far Cry Instincts within 2 hours. The best part is you can share maps like these over Xbox Live!

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/newspost.php?id=12835

[Merged into existing thread - Please check forum before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

Its limited in use, but its the best map editor i beleive for any console at the moment

If you compare it to any PC editor it will be limited, in terms of console its a awesome map editor and even the noob modding likes of me can use it :D

I spent some time playing with it recently and cant wait to start sharing maps online with friends :D

^^^ Thats what i ment.

Is it fair to say thoe that this is quiet possibly the next big game for Xbox?

To me it sounds like its competing against HALO and so far a lot of people like it more.

I couldnt help but notice this game is getting a lot of hype and will be in my opinion one of the best selling UBI games to date.

Edited by Prozac360

@Klean

Hey, I didn't know you hung around these parts of town. :)

I don't know that much about this game. Is it only a single player with online multi, or can you split screen? Does the single player campaign allow a split screen coop? In regard to this information I did not see much on the game on the websites.

^^^  Thats what i ment.

Is it fair to say thoe that this is quiet possibly the next big game for Xbox?

To me it sounds like its competing against HALO and so far a lot of people like it more.

I couldnt help but notice this game is getting a lot of hype and will be in my opinion one of the best selling UBI games to date.

Its going to be big thats a definate but competing with Halo2 is another matter, not because the game isnt up to it but imo purely because halo2 is a brand name that everyone knows and is the so called 'must own' of xbox titles, giving it a ongoing head start on any other game.

I took it online last night for the first time and i was impressed with the way it plays out (aside from the server options) so far so good :)

@Klean

Hey, I didn't know you hung around these parts of town.  :)

I don't know that much about this game. Is it only a single player with online multi, or can you split screen? Does the single player campaign allow a split screen coop? In regard to this information I did not see much on the game on the websites.

hehe i have this bad habit of popping up every now and then :lol:

It has split screen play as well as the usual link play etc, I'm not sure if you can play split screen on live as ive not tried it.

Ive not got time just yet but when i go on later i will have a look and see what options there are for the split screen play co-op etc.

The only downside i have seen to the game so far is the online server interface, its cack lol

Its either limited in options or impossible to find them, for example last night i spent ages trying to drop the room size down to 8 players from 16 only to realise (thanks to someone who knew joining) that you have to set the numbers before the room is set and then once in you cannot change them up or down.

I also couldnt find any options to lock teams etc but it might just be that i havent sussed it all out yet

To be honest, those people saw more realistic firearms and decided the game was better.

I played the demo, and from that it seems Instincts doesn't near live up to FC. Or Halo, in terms of console shooters.

Sup i didnt play the demo (had it but never got round to it lol) but from those ive spoken to who did play the demo its a let down compared to the actual game and no real comparison. I would say you should at least give it a rental before you decide for sure :thumbsup:

I would say you should at least give it a rental before you decide for sure  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I intend to give it a try. Without some very basic things changed though (movement, fire rates, damage model, sound, ect), I doubt I'll be overly fond of it.

I'm suppose somewhat hard to please with shooters.

(However, what I said about realistic firearms remains -- every shooter that comes out with a real-world or close to real-world setting gets people flocking to it because Halo's sci-fi.)