First PC Screen With HUD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've been raggin on GR for a long time now, since GR2 started goin south and the Consolve versions started to appear but let me tell you i'm starting to get frikin X eye Ted about GRAW PC.

Someone above said the textures looked a bit grainy but they look ok by me. GR1 was kind of grainy in some ways but it had a solid feeling to the environment that i just loved that that hasn't been reproduced in a game.

This one screen shot puts everything about Battlfield2 to shame.

I am so damn psyched now. I'm ready to gedidowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Some Q's about the screen shot.

1. Shouldn't the ret also rotate to the left to match the angle of the gun?

2. What are those 4 white corner lines for? Can't we do without stylistic flourishes to the HUD?

3. Why does the ret have a box around it? Does that come up when targetting air strikes?

4. Why do they feel it's better to have the HUD icons 'leaning', does anyone like that? It's like everything is pointing towards the center of the screen, is it supposed to create a sense of depth perception?

5. Not a question but . . i hope all the HUD stuff is both turn on/offable and also scaleable in brightness, colour and size.

Edited by Poita

You beat me to it Poita. It didn't do this in GR1 so they want to be trying to keep that classic. It would be a neat touch to add, though.

Question: Look at the palm tree in front of the ghost ducking behind it. Go up to its leafs, see that face thing? It's like a face covered by a black things. What is it?

Edited by Lethal.Ambition

Damn i'm excited, hence the post frenzy.

In GR1 my first system couldn't handle the shadows so i had to play without them and missed some clues to the enemy's whearabouts. After i got a Gforce3 it was ok though. Now i have a . . . .

Athlon 2.4, 1 gig ram, Gforce FX 5950 256 ultra. . . . what chance does my ageing system have? And if i could only afford to upgrade one componant which would you reccomend?

P.S. ok tell the truth, how many of you have maximized the screen shot and tried to imigine you are actually playing GR3 to get a feel for it? hehe Guilty right here.

Edited by Poita

still can't stand the FPWV. I like the GR view better.

Too much clutter on the screen

Linked by the thumbnail in the first post about this pic.

It's almost distracting if you ask me. like the "locked" text. why? why not just have the ret change color when locked on?

but other than that the graphics look good.

Edited by WhiteKnight77

I'm glad ya'll like what you see but I'm more concerned with game play.

It still sounds like keep Capt. mitchell alive at all cost, no charater switching, no pre mission planning. How much you want to bet that there will be limited weapons choice like GR2. GR classic? dont sound like it to me.

I personally like the FPWV. Its the same way I played RvS. While it did block more of the screen and obstruct more of the view, it felt more realistic. I do however find it funny that people are complaining about the angle of the gun not being just right. Does a milimeter to the left or right really matter?!

graw.jpg

I'm glad ya'll like what you see but I'm more concerned with game play.

It still sounds like keep Capt. mitchell alive at all cost, no charater switching, no pre mission planning. How much you want to bet that there will be limited weapons choice like GR2. GR classic? dont sound like it to me.

Thing is, GR1 didn't have pre-mission planning, just a brief (which made a comeback in SS) and GR2 intoduced the ability to carry more items (frags and a pistol default). Think of keeping your character alive as MP without respawns, or, as trying to keep your actual self from not getting shot....