Shadow Recon is in Europe!

ZJJ

Can you bring me back a souvenier? Like say... the Mona Lisa??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

She was just complaining how everyone was asking for a souvenier, but no one gave her any money!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure if we knew way ahead of time we could have had a foundraising for her...I'd give $50 for some chocolates right about now....hmmm...chocolllaaaaayyyyttttesss.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharon Osborne was right...American chocolates pale in comparison too European chocolates. Don't get me wrong, I live on Snickers bars due to lack of adequate time for lunch breaks. But once you try them European dark chocolates with stuff inside....see now I have to wipe my floor... :nono:

I'm sure if we knew way ahead of time we could have had a foundraising for her...I'd give $50 for some chocolates right about now....hmmm...chocolllaaaaayyyyttttesss.

There is such a thing called paypal. :whistle:

Belgium is the place for choccy :drool:

And when i saw the mona lisa i thought it was a let down. Your kepy about 2-3metres away from it, and it has a perspex cover on it, so its all glary. Plus they put it in a hall with paintings bigger than your average wall, and its this wee thing about the size of a poster. :rolleyes:

Belgium is the place for choccy :drool:

actually we are heading to Belgium tomorrow by train and probably going there for that reason. :D My aunt told me they have the best chocolate. But im not really a chocolate eater...i can only stand so much of it.

Today i went so siena...and it was pretty cool...then we went to San Gimigano... which is a medival town and they had the best ice cream.

I would cut myself out of the pictures because i dont want anyone to see me.... :P Im not a picture person.

My mom is correct. that is where i am heading.

Today was a chill day...got up early again went to see the famous statue of David...stood in line for about an hour in a half. I didnt realize how big it was. Then i was going to go into the palace but there was this big ceremony going on and we couldnt get in. Then went to lunch and came here. We are suppose to leave on a train at 7...and change 3 times during the night. anyways tell ya more later when I have the chance.

i.e: avey?

The countryside and the other major cities like Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham have loads to offer. But I suppose if you are going 'sight seeing' then London is the place to go. And the biggest problem with London is that Londoners live there.

Are you going anywhere else other than London when you get to the UK? The UK has a lot more to offer than London. :thumbsup:

From what I can tell from her Itinerary, she is sticking to London. I'm still trying to figure out why you guys all don't plan to take a trip there Friday or Saturday night.

If one of you guys were only an 1.5 - 2 hours (or even more) away, I would take some time to come meet you. :yes:

Heck, it looks like I'll be traveling 4 hours in mid november to meet some folks that will be "in the area."

From what I can tell from her Itinerary, she is sticking to London.  I'm still trying to figure out why you guys all don't plan to take a trip there Friday or Saturday night.

If one of you guys were only an 1.5 - 2 hours (or even more) away, I would take some time to come meet you. :yes:

Heck, it looks like I'll be traveling 4 hours in mid november to meet some folks that will be "in the area."

I'm just starting Uni this week and need to settle in, and consume beer.

Are you going anywhere else other than London when you get to the UK? The UK has a lot more to offer than London. :thumbsup:

From what I can tell from her Itinerary, she is sticking to London. I'm still trying to figure out why you guys all don't plan to take a trip there Friday or Saturday night.

From what I've picked up on these boards, most of the Brit's here tend to be from Up North (and good on yer :thumbsup: ), which is a lot more than 1.5-2 hours from London. I'm up in Liverpool, which is about 5-6 hours to the M25. How many weeks it takes from there into London I dont know :P

Plus I don't take my driving test till Oct 14th, and I can't afford the train being the poor student I am, plus I'm having to pay for resits of my A Levels. All donations welcome :)

She could just get a cheap easyJet to Liverpool John Lennon from Paris, or to Edinburgh or somewhere though, gotta be cheaper than EuroStar, and quicker than UK trains! Not to mention we have better pies :D

Edited by dickie

I can't afford the train being the poor student I am, plus I'm having to pay for resits of my A Levels. All donations welcome  :)

She could just get a cheap easyJet to Liverpool John Lennon from Paris, or to Edinburgh or somewhere though, gotta be cheaper than EuroStar, and quicker than UK trains! Not to mention we have better pies :D

This almost sounds like you think she is the rich American! :rofl:

Don't go to Liverpool if you want to walk out with your wrist watch. Dickie and his scouse mates will rob you blind! ;)

For those not in the know, everyone in Liverpool is a common thief. No lie.

:o

[yoda] My home this is! [/yoda]

Don't believe the lies! Liverpool is the greatest place ever! Plus, we're the capital of culture now too! And the home of LFC, Ricky Thomlinson and Ken Dodd. Oh yeah, and the Beatles, and far too many other bands to list...

I'll have you know I haven't handled anything really dodgy for a........a... while now :D

Well, sorta, stuff thats not mine doesn't count, right? But if anyone is interested in cheap phones, DVD's, CD's or anything like that, drop me a PM :thumbsup:

And I'm intrigued by ZJJ's comment about the rich American, I don't get it. :huh: Is she implying I'm the rich American? Cos I'm not American and like I stated, a little on the skint side. Meh, maybe I'm just too tired...

Edited by dickie