my new sig

holman

Saving your sig as a jpg was the best format. However, when you go to save it knock the compression on it to about 50% (depending on the program). Gifs are only suitable for sigs with few colours (e.g. velos) and .bmps are evil beyond words.

Saving your sig as a jpg was the best format. However, when you go to save it knock the compression on it to about 50% (depending on the program). Gifs are only suitable for sigs with few colours (e.g. velos) and .bmps are evil beyond words.

Yeah that sounds about right, with mine you see i only use 3 basic colours on it. Therefore i was able to create a large, good graphical quality, 480x100 pixel sig at only 2577 bytes - loads really fast compared to some thats about 20-30K.

thnx for that. i also need to make the images n the sides brighter. i think there to dark. i really like the pic on the left cause it a heli that crashed into a rock

If you want to tell us the program you are using I can try and help you lighten and optimise the images. Or if you want to post the 3 screenies on your site I would be happy to stick them all together and optimise them for you.

Photoshop = Excellent (well from my point of view).

What you might like to try is putting the screenies on different layers then feathering the edges where they join to get a nicer overlap (use a feathered eraser). Anyway, if you have ps v5 or above go to file:save for web. Here you will get options to adjust the quality of the image (in %) and the pixel size (for here, under 480x100). As said you should be able to knock your image down to about 50% quality and that should take your image to between 7-10k. Hope this helps.