• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this is been mentioned..

(Drumroll)..

deserte0jb.jpg

Desert Eagle .50 cal  :D

Too finicky for my blood. Can't get it wet, and you can't shoot lead or alloy loads in them because it fouls the gas tubes. Not to mention being to damn big for anything practical.

JMO.

Not to mention, bruising your hands when you shoot the darned thing.

Dunno if this is been mentioned..

(Drumroll)..

deserte0jb.jpg

Desert Eagle .50 cal  :D

Too finicky for my blood. Can't get it wet, and you can't shoot lead or alloy loads in them because it fouls the gas tubes. Not to mention being to damn big for anything practical.

JMO.

Not to mention, bruising your hands when you shoot the darned thing.

Yeah. There just isn't one practical use that I can think of for this gun.

Glock 20 10mmAuto, G29 for carry along with a G27 during summer.  The 10mm is capable of getting bounced up to some unreal numbers.  The loads I use, at SAAMI spec, are near 700 lb/ft of energy for the G20.

Holy ###### ! ! There is a voice from days long past !! I had given you up for dead ! ! :lol:

Glad to see the proof is to the contrary. :thumbsup:

Edited by Phantm

Glock 20 10mmAuto, G29 for carry along with a G27 during summer.  The 10mm is capable of getting bounced up to some unreal numbers.  The loads I use, at SAAMI spec, are near 700 lb/ft of energy for the G20.

Ditto. I'm gathering supplies for handloading mine (and I need to buy a 22lb recoil spring). I got dies, some 165gr Gold Dots, and primers. Now I just need the brass and powder... Seems I can't get the brass locally.

Ditto.  I'm gathering supplies for handloading mine (and I need to buy a 22lb recoil spring).  I got dies, some 165gr Gold Dots, and primers.  Now I just need the brass and powder...  Seems I can't get the brass locally.

Doesn't Speer have 180grains for the 10mm?

Either way, the 10mm is my fav. Maybe I'm being stupid when I say that I stick with the .45 on account of its readily available status. Unless the US were to face a complete meltdown what would I really need to worry about availability for right?

Besides, I have never had less than 1,000 rounds at any given moment, and my stockpile of ammo have been known to grow beyond 3,000 round. :blink:

Okay, that settles it. My next 1911 will be a 10mm. :lol:

Edited by jchung

That's probably because most here are fond of a larger caliber, for me the Sig is probably the most ergonomic that I have used, but 9mm doesn't fit my bill, it's small and fast yes, but I prefer the more stout .45, and while I have no personal experience with the P220, I understand there may be some durability issues with those.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up Sig series pistols.  The P226 is a comfortable 9mm.

For me, I just haven't found a DA semi-auto that felt right when you are shooting them. The triggers just feel wrong on so many levels. I have had the Ruger P series, the Taurus's, 2 Sig's, and a couple of Glocks. Nothing was ever more comfortable for me, or felt nearly as reliable as a 1911.

Doesn't Speer have 180grains for the 10mm?

Yes - SPEER BULLETS 10MM .400 DIA. 180GR GOLD DOT HOLLOW POINT

021-4406.jpg

But the gun shop didn't have any in stock. I'll be buying some 200gr XTPs later on.

Phantm is right on the DA, they just don't fit right. At least my Witness can be carried cocked and locked.

Edited by RooK

Nice. :thumbsup: I checked out the link, pretty neat stuff.

I don't know much about old/collectible guns, and believe it or not, I have never owned a revolver.

I can imagine the price on the ammo. I ran into a guy at a range once, and he had an old Italian BA rifle. I don't remember what it was, but the ammo was $3+ per round. Ouch!

I'm sure that .32 cylinder comes in handy.