What is your favorite pistol/revolver round

FA sear

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like some hot stuff there. I'll still stick with the standard 10mm though. I like my rounds to be no less than 165gr, and preferably 180gr or more.

I need to start reading the gun mags again. I've been slacking on this stuff since I lost access to a 200+ acre farm that I used to shoot on with a contact I had made through work.

I rarely read the gun rags anymore.  Most of them seem to show the same fluff over and over.  You get better and more up to date info off the good gun forums (like THR).

Yeah, you're right on the mark about that mags. The big problem I have is that I used to shoot a lot and I got most of my info from actually shooting a gun or ammo, or being in contact with people that owned, or carried specific guns. Now that I don't get out as much (I shot less than 7,000 rds in 2005) I just don't have as much direct contact with the actual guns or people that carry them.

Maybe I'll just hang around some of the better forums. Currently, UBI and GR forums are all that I am a part of. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hey you revolver heads out there. Here is a question for you.

I recently shot the .460 S&W, but I shot it at a range and at 25 yards it was positively easy to hit the ten ring. Not that much recoil either. With 2,000fps, I expected a kick similar to the .500, but I don't even think the kick was as much as a .454.

Question is, have any of you shot this thing outside and hit a real target?

My friend says he took down a 280lbs deer at 300 yards. When he hunts, he says he puts a 9X Zeiss scope on it, and it is effective out to 300 yards. I don't doubt the guy, I know him, and he is not a tall tale teller, but I was just wondering if any of you have had any real experience with this round. I won't get to shoot it outdoors until later when it warms up.

If GRAW has as many guns as Christian has, I think all the people who are crying about variety will be satisfied.

lol, is he a gun freak or what?

He is home among friend then, eh?

gns.jpg

*Not all firearms pictured, collection has since expanded. Some firearms might have been casualties of trading.*

:rofl:

Edited by RooK

If GRAW has as many guns as Christian has, I think all the people who are crying about variety will be satisfied.

Ser just posted the details, 37 weapons (that count includes grenades), so yeh, you are probably right :P

Wow, we could start a GR militia with that.