What is your favorite pistol/revolver round

FA sear

Hey Serellan, what kind of revolver is that?

M1895 Nagant

m1895_3.jpg

It is 7.62 Nagant, and I have a .32 ACP cylinder for it too (the Russian ammo is EXPENSIVE!)

http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistolm1895/index.asp

Some other friends...

mak_06.jpg

I can't see the markings to tell... is that a Russian-made Makarov? I used to have an old Russian made Mak. Even with the Pierce grips, shooting the thing was uncomfortable.

Does that answer your question Para?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. :thumbsup:

I love the Blackhawk Holsters. Fobus isn't bad either, I bought one once when they were out of stock on the Blackhawks. In retrospect, I would have preferred the Blackhawk, but I needed it right away, so Fobus was the only choice at the time.

How often do you shoot?

"You should see what it do"es to an M16."

what does it do?  anything a better follower would help

It gets nice and dirty inside. :D

Pertty much the same thing it does to every gun, but the M16 seems to be particularly sensitive to fouling, so it is a good idea to shoot cleaner ammo.

Back when I had my Glock21, I shot 300+ rds of the stuff once, and I have to say that I have never seen my Glock that dirty in my life.

I already have the green followers in my mags, but the jams often occur as the temperature goes up, and the CLP burns off and begins getting nice and crusty. Again, as I have said this before, if this was a .308, the power of the round would push through without a problem, gunk, crust, and all, even with the gases being blown back into the chamber.

Just went shooting today, so I thought I would add some pics.

Here are some pics of the upper and the parts after a few hundred rounds. I put a couple drops of CLP in the bolt holes for the gas rings at roughtly 350, and also a drop around the bolt cam pin. It got a bit sticky and the couple extra drops helped it to go the last 150 rounds.

full_20637_p312688.jpg

full_20637_p312689.jpg

full_20637_p312690.jpg

full_20637_p312691.jpg

After a good cleaning

full_20637_p312694.jpg

For some reason my camera has not been taking very good pics lately. Maybe it is on its last leg. Oh well, I don't take that many pics anyway. The carbon buildup in the upper is not that readily apparent from the pics.

full_20637_p312692.jpg

full_20637_p312693.jpg

The buildup is easier to see on the firing pin.

Clean and ready to go again.

full_20637_p312695.jpg

Edited by jchung

• 4 weeks later...

It's a Tanfoglio from Italy, they're almost exact clones of the CZ. In fact, the best forum for the Witness is on a CZ forum, go figure. It's definately beefy, but not too bad thanks to the sculpted grip and overly curved trigger. It is all steel though, and you can tell when you hold it (over 40oz with a loaded mag).

this might be a little off topic

some more new guns coming out early next year. :D

PS90 and P90

fn_p90.jpg

FS2000 an F2000

fn_f2000.jpg

im seriously instead of buying a new computer try and get a FS2000 pr ps90 if at all possible, i gotta talk to a guy i know and see if he can hook me up.

this is when class 3 dealers are your friends, he asked for a demo model five-seven a while back, FN sends him like a small crate of guns to demo.

Edited by Prozac360

this might be a little off topic

some more new  guns coming out early next year.  :D

PS90 and P90

fn_p90.jpg

FS2000 an F2000

fn_f2000.jpg

im seriously instead of buying a new computer try and get a FS2000 pr ps90 if at all possible, i gotta talk to a guy i know and see if he can hook me up.

this is when class 3 dealers are your friends, he asked for a demo model five-seven a while back, FN sends him like a small crate of guns to demo.

Just remember who your friendsare, bro ! ! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Prozac

If you get the PS90 don't cut the barrel down, and register it as an SBR. I know it would be cool to have it look just like a P90, but according to FN the civilian PS90 will actually be better than the P90 in single shot mode.

According to FN the 5.7mm is doing close to 3,000 FPS with the 16" civilian barrel, whereas with the standard P90 barrel the velocities are around 2,500.

Can't remember where I saw this. I think it may have been on tv, but it was a while ago.

Personally, I'd go with the FS2000. Sweet gun. I wonder if you can get it with a 1-7 twist barrel for the 77 grain ammo.

Personally, I'd go with the FS2000. Sweet gun. I wonder if you can get it with a 1-7 twist barrel for the 77 grain ammo.

Dare to dream eh... :santa:

As much as I like the FS2000, I'm inclined to wait for the SCAR to go public, it's only a matter of time. FN's policy has always been more friendly to Joe consumer.

FN is between in friendlyness. Notice that their Five-seveN pistol was restricted from civilian sales until just recently. The only thing that changed their minds on that was the slow LEO sales, so they needed somewhere to hunt profits.

Dare to dream eh... :santa:

As much as I like the FS2000, I'm inclined to wait for the SCAR to go public, it's only a matter of time. FN's policy has always been more friendly to Joe consumer.

I'm going to pass on it too. Just like you, I'm waiting for the SCAR (although I don't have my hopes up), but I'd only consider it if they make the .308 variant available.

I was just thinking, what if they made the FS2000 in a .308? :yes: I'd be all over that one.

Edited by jchung