what do you want in a mod

Havok

hello all...gonna try my hand at creating a mod and was just wondering what people would like in a mod.... keep in mind this is my first mod and i am gonna try and create a new map but what gameplay aspects would ya want.....i wanna try something new..have some help from others...myself i love co-op missions so it's gonna be a mission or two ...let the ideas flow

brainstorm......

p.s. are there any limitations (copyright) 'bout putting music in a mod ?

p.p.s. what are your fav. maps in g.r. to be re-modded ?

Edited by =UAL=Havok

I'd like to see:

* More urban maps, not necessarily indoors (since I don't think the AI will cope well with it), but the Gold Mountain GR map is a very good example - I think it's the best original GR map. Mission 10 (where you have to clear out those 3 squares whilst protecting the tanks) is also a good map.

* single-player campaign, again with an urban slant. Assassinations, peace-keeping, rebel uprisings, that sort of thing.

* 3 skin designs - forest/jungle, desert, night-ops

* silenced weapons - some missions (such as M11 - the PoW rescue) just don't feel right unless it's with a silenced sniper rifle!

I wanna see more Jungle/ Wood Maps with Fog and Hiden Enemies ! (Playing in Korea or Similar ! ) Big Firefights in Jungle, Foxholes and fallen Trees....A SP Campaign with 10 Missions, new highly-detailed Camos and Movie Scenes (Helis, Boats & Explosions...) :o

Large maps with lots of nature (trees/water/jungle).

do you have the ossetian woodlands map? if not, you dont know what youre missing !!!!

this map was designed by real experts. check it out.

I already got the map, and it's one of the best.

Anyway tnx for info.

I wonder if the makers of that map have made more maps.

* More urban maps, not necessarily indoors (since I don't think the AI will cope well with it), but the Gold Mountain GR map is a very good example - I think it's the best original GR map. Mission 10 (where you have to clear out those 3 squares whilst protecting the tanks) is also a good map.

Definately.

Awesome Havok, good luck on this mod!

As for what I'd like to see in it...hmmm...maybe a sniper one or two, like you have to sneak into enemy held terroritory without being seen or killing anyone, but your target. Also, maybe have it kind of dealing with a conflict that is current, or could happen in the future. Most of the mods I've been seeing lately are about historical stuff, and while that's cool, I like current events and crisis ones better.

About music being in it, that would be really cool. Not sure about the copyright thing, but I've heard some good music in other mods, so maybe ask the creators of them.

After just seeing the movie how about a "Tears of the Sun" mod??

myself and several others are deep into the making of a mod based on "Tears of the Sun"....2 missions are already complete and several more to come...once the missions and skins are complete i will be posting screenies in the original post HERE...:D ...sorry to go off topic...

i agree most of the posts in here, i myself would love to see a more urban based mod i love clearing buildings, it requires a lot of team work to cover an opening door when the room is occupied and watching the team's back all at the same time to make sure noone comes strolling around the corner!!!

well i like urbans as well so definitely having one of those...and it will not be historical but set in the not too distant future...being canadian i'm gonna give it some canadian flavour....still learning 3dsmax but is there a way to somehow put real life things into the game without creating them from scratch i.e. CN tower ?! just done basic buildings ...and for some reason when i put in .50 cal gun nests they are always pointing the wrong way i.e. into embassy and not out.

hows about: maps, maps of, say, you're block, take out the terrorists in the house ;) granpa's farm, (with a crashed plane in the back) the cottage, with tanks roaming about ;):P . Anywho i dunno, no kill 106 enemies in the next 60 secs to fend them off. Sniper missions, those are a big hit these days. Covert OPs also very popular right now. Something new and orig. i know ho long maps take ,b ut make a mini campaign (3-5 missions) on your opwn maps, make four maps make a day and night version of one and make a campaign... All thiss for SP SP SP SP SP SP SP SP SP SP!!!!!!

I would love a mission where you are a sniper and you have to sneek in, assassinate a leader or someone without killing anyone else, then get out. Also, missions where you have to sneak into camps and plant demo charges are fun-this is what spec ops do more of, not killing a million rebels then doing the explosives.