Gamespy preview!

Sup

Sounds cool, except for this line....

Naturally this style of game lends itself to multiplayer, so we were pleased to hear that the game would, in fact, have co-op play. You and up to four buddies can trek through the entire campaign as a team.
Hopefully that is a mistake, it would kill the coop side of the communitty before the game hits the shelves. GR2 allows up to 16 people for Coop, GRAW PC needs to support, at bare minimum, 8.

Im in love :drool:

"So graphically the game looks next-generation in every way, but the real meat of the title is in the tactics. Your Ghosts are with you at all times to take care of business. They're always looking around and the AI is smart enough to rush behind cover, sliding or going prone when necessary. Barring a couple of pathing problems we saw plenty of this in the demo, with soldiers covering one another and using pillars, cars, or debris to shield them from fire. The enemy does the same."

The article is good.

Matches up real nice with the one fron IGN. August 18, 2005

Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/643/643119p1.html

This is a good Article aswell.

Colin

Glad to hear the the pics are X-box.. Not to happy with that HUD thing.. or atleastgive us oppotunity so that we will be abel to turn it on and off as we like in when in game...

Sure it kcan be helpful some times but would not like it in the long run. But that is just MHO ... what do I know I am just a medic.

OUT

Edited by Medic

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Bloom effects as some of you call it is true to life, realistic, I spent some time in Beliz in the 70s and the picture is how it looks very bright indeed.

A real game should look like this.

Well that assures me some. I reacted that way because I've never seen a game implement it so much, and the screens look really weird since I've never seem em before.

Hopefully that is a mistake, it would kill the coop side of the communitty before the game hits the shelves.  GR2 allows up to 16 people for Coop, GRAW PC needs to support, at bare minimum, 8.

I really hope you are right about this NYR... 5 player max co-op would be a HUGE step down from what we have and enjoy now. I would hope that they will be able to provide at least our current 9 -- many of us currently play with up to 27 in co-op with slightly modified scripts/missions.

Edited by Buehgler_AS

I would say that the version that was shown is early to middle stage. Plenty of time for improvment and changes.

They will have had an awful lot of feed back over the last couple of days.

Going by the direction they seem to be U.B.I./Grin will make changes in all areas before final release.

Me personally, they can have all the time in the world to get it right.

Colin

I would say that the version that was shown is early to middle stage. Plenty of time for improvment and changes.

They will have had an awful lot of feed back over the last couple of days.

Agreed, right now I feel like the dev team is going in the right direction VS GR2. The bloom effect doesnt bother me too much, Im all for exagerting reality to create eye candy or even more of a challenge, but I would hate to see a huge disadvantage simply because of going to cover where there is shade. I just cant imagine any real combat situation where someone says no, dont go there, too much shade, the bloom effect will kill you.

I don't see why MP coop cannot support 16 players.

I can imagine its for good technical reasons. All I can truly ask for is that the devs keep in mind that this should be an area to be patch , even if its in a few year when more computers can handle the engine and more players. Or maybe an unofficial patch that caters to the good systems :D (8-12 man team would be ideal)

I don't see why MP coop cannot support 16 players. The light bloom effect needs to be toned down.

Am I correct in reading that it is a 5 man coop?

I can live with that I guess...only once did my LAN group have more than 5 people show up...Darn lives keep getting in the way from everyone showing up at 1 time.

HACK

I don't see why MP coop cannot support 16 players. The light bloom effect needs to be toned down.

Am I correct in reading that it is a 5 man coop?

I can live with that I guess...only once did my LAN group have more than 5 people show up...Darn lives keep getting in the way from everyone showing up at 1 time.

HACK

"Naturally this style of game lends itself to multiplayer, so we were pleased to hear that the game would, in fact, have co-op play. You and up to four buddies can trek through the entire campaign as a team. "

I have asked the Author for more confermation on this para.

Ill let you know.