Ghost Recon.net Forums

First Screenshots of GRAW for Xbox 1

There has been a lot of press about GR:AW being a launch title for the Xbox 360, but it seems that hardly anyone, Ubi included, has made mention of a seperate version of GR:AW being develped for the large installed base of millions of "Xbox 1" owners.

Ubisoft released the first screenshots of the Xbox version this week, and it's interesting to see the difference in the graphics and interface:

graw_xbox_sm.jpg

This brings up questions about which studio is behind the Xbox version, how it differs from the Xbox 360 version, and when it will be released?

I already planned not to buy the XB1 version only the 360 one, and maybe pc if the difference is that great. But seeing that screen now I really see there's a big difference between the two.

(On the official site there's a larger one).

GR2 looked pretty nice, but only judging at that single screen (I know it doesn't say much) I'd say GR2 looks even better and even less arcady without all the flashy lights.

Edited by Tchaikovsky

Well, the main thing is not everyone can afford an Xbox 360. I doubt I'll buy one before the first price drop ...

I wouldn't be surprised if GRAW for Xbox 1 sells as much or more than the Xbox 360 version ...

True.

But I can and looking at GR2 even if it was one of the best looking XB1 games it was really running close to the limit; they had to make spawning AI (if I'm right) because of memory issues and the framerate was clearly even lower than of GR1.

So I'm definitely ready for some new hardware (as well as GRAW).

Well, the main thing is not everyone can afford an Xbox 360. I doubt I'll buy one before the first price drop ...

I wouldn't be surprised if GRAW for Xbox 1 sells as much or more than the Xbox 360 version ...

i agree on all counts. i dont know what the hell kind of allowance parents are giving their kids these days but is just knocks me on my pedoindes that a kiddie can throw down $350 for a ###### toy.

im glad they are coming out with a version for OG xbox ... although i'd be very curious to know what corners were cut to accomodate the lesser hardware. if its even just a notch higher on the tactical scale than summit strike is, i'd be happy with it.

Will the graphics just be a lower setting or will the game have less features and run a bit slower?

Good question.

As far as the community knows at this time, the Xbox (versus Xbox360) title is being built on a standalone basis. Every game released under the GRAW name will be the same in terms of plot, similar in terms of gameplay, and unique in terms of the technology it's being built on.

i agree on all counts.  i dont know what the hell kind of allowance parents are giving their kids these days but is just knocks me on my pedoindes that a kiddie can throw down $350 for a ###### toy.

Kiddies? The average gamer is turning into 20/40 must are liven on there own and have kids of there own. Sure there are them young kids, but thats the old folk gamers buying it and there kids jump on there toys (console). The young kiddies you talk about buying it grow up and still are playing today. Im 30 and still play on both PC & Console and plan on getting Graw for the 360 & PC but not xbox1.

there is a viable demographic of 30+ that purchase and play consoles but the bulk are <18 yr old, male, non-income earners. their parents give them the money to buy the console. their parents themselves typically do not play video games. unless my friend who works at a consulting agency specifically for video games (most recently advising on AA) is wrong ... but i kinda doubt it.

I guess i can't talk for every console, but i know on Xbox LIVE the age group is alittle higher based than 18. As for people i meet everynight on Xbox LIVE must average around 30. And all i ment by saying this that the ones getting the 360 are around this age at least at first.

Edit

Again im talking about Xbox LIVE and this could be where the age group splits.

I seen stats over at Xbox.com and they reported that the age group for LIVE was 20 to 40. Im sure without the LIVE part the age group goes down.

Edited by WitchKnot9

Guys, im 15, i'd say im a mature guy, i play in an adult clan. There is a junior section but i'm not in it. Don't let a few high pitched voiced american kids put you off all teenagers. Add st1nger and i will give you a good game and am always sensible :)

according to the entrainment software association ...

For Console Gamers...

* Forty-six percent of most frequent game players are under eighteen years old.

* Thirty-five percent of most frequent game players are between 18 and 35 years old.

* Twenty percent of most frequent game players are over 35 years old.

so nearly half are likely non-income earners. assuming a linear split for the 2nd cohort, for sake of simplicity, call it an addl 10% that are likely to be in college also likely non-income earners.

point being, $350 is way too much.

Also according to the Entertainment Software Association:

Average age of gamers: 30

35% <18

43% 18-49

19% 50+

Check out their PDF report for more stats. Oh, and of all online gaming, 56.8% are playing puzzle/trivia-style games, with only 19% playing 'action' games.

that's for computer gaming in general including PC's ... i think the original contention was that pricing for the xbox 360 was not consistent with the demographic being at least half (50%) likely to be non-income earners.

this link includes more stats including that ESA pdf ...

so, dannik, you think your google karate is better than mine? bruce.gif

so, dannik, you think your google karate is better than mine? bruce.gif

Not at all. :o=:P

The original Xbox was priced at $299 when it was new, as well. The Xbox360 is priced at $299, or $399, if you choose to add in a bunch of accessories that are not required to use the console. The 360 also isn't a gaming console. It's being marketed and designed to be a multimedia entertainment centre, with games being only part of it's intent, by design. Sure, an important part, particulary toward gamers, as everyone sees their personal wants as the most important aspect of any device. Well, Microsoft wants the 360 to replace your DVD player. They want you to connect a Windows Media Centre PC to it, and stream music and movies over your network.

The numbers are all inherently tainted. Imagine a household where mom plays online trivia games on the computer, dad plays NHL2X with a buddy from work, and their fifteen year old child spends several hours playing Halo 2 online. The child's lack of income is meaningless.