SP/MP mission made from dp_05 ravine

I've just downloaded the mission and unfortunately I can play it only this night. Hoever I've checked it opening with notepad and it inspires me a lot since it's the 9th mission of DS expansion pack :D

Just one question: why did you use custom atr's? In this way the mission can't be server-side

I finally added cinematics, after 3 days of scripting. It was very difficult to make the heli to descend at the right time and land exactly on the extraction zone in a confined space. Landing is quite slow, but even adjusting the paths' altitude by 1 meter will make the heli crash into the cliff or sink into the ground. The extraction cinematic may ctd the game, but it has not been confirmed by me.

BTW, can a moderator help me delete the previous posts?

Edited by 31isnotapowerof2

The habit to mess the original folders is hard to die. Frankly I would prefer the mod to be stand alone, it requires just one file more and when you know how to do it it's very easy.

Anyway, I would prefer to do it in this way:

1) etract the zip file into your desktop

2) locate the folder Mp1 in desktop and double click

3) copy the 2 folders (actor and mission) into Mp1 folder in Mods (usuallly c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mod

4) accept to overwrite the files

5) enjoy!

Undoubtedly, the extraction cinematic ctds the game.

If you did skip the insertion cinematic, the insertion heli would be hidden (the hide thing response) inside the command map. But if you didn't, the insertion heli would be hidden outside the command map. This is after the insertion cinematic when the heli leaves and flies outside the command map.

At the extraction cinematic, I put the show thing response before the teleport air object response. It was intended that the heli be teleported to 15m above the insertion zone, but the game ctds because show thing was before teleport air object. This spawned the heli outside the command map, thus ctding the game.

I may be wrong though. It might not be possible to teleport the heli before it is even spawned.

Jibba jabba refers to what your team members say at the start of the mission.

Eg. M13 - Arctic Sun

"The gates aren't guarded..."

"Maybe they all went home"

In DS and IT they are randomized between 1 and 3.

Eg. C06 - Liberty Storm

"We have to defend the polling centre at all costs"

OR

"It looks like we're going to get hit from all sides"

OR

"I thought this town liked tourists"

Undoubtedly, the extraction cinematic ctds the game.

If you did skip the insertion cinematic, the insertion heli would be hidden (the hide thing response) inside the command map. But if you didn't, the insertion heli would be hidden outside the command map. This is after the insertion cinematic when the heli leaves and flies outside the command map.

At the extraction cinematic, I put the show thing response before the teleport air object response. It was intended that the heli be teleported to 15m above the insertion zone, but the game ctds because show thing was before teleport air object. This spawned the heli outside the command map, thus ctding the game.

I may be wrong though. It might not be possible to teleport the heli before it is even spawned.

Definitely the extraction cine causes a CTD. However there is a very easy fix for that: rather than using the same insertion chopper use another one hidden inside the command map and not outside.

My homemate and I yesterday night enjoyed a lot to play a co-op and even if we didn't win (playing in 2 it's very difficult expecially because one of the two has always to choose demos thus with a limitation of kits available). We will try again this night :shifty:

I would change the trigger in such a way that the objective (place demo on radio) to be accomplished just when the demo is placed and not at the explosion otherways the player has no hint if he placed the demo on right place. Not a big deal anyway :thumbsup:

I liked this. Damn difficult too....

One thing, some kind of message confirming demo charges are laid would be nice. I planted all 4 of mine then figured I'd done something wrong so moved off. All of a sudden there's this godawful bang behind me.

Jumped so darn high....