GRAW for PC

Hi,

the original GR had great sound and you actually "felt" like you were creeping through bushes, had bullets flying past and hitting a rock behind you etc, or hear tanks that you can't see yet. In fact I'm sure I read that the sound engineers won awards for their work. My PC wont be able to handle any flashy graphics, but I'd still enjoy the game if it managed to create the same kind of atmosphere through the way it sounded.

So, what I'd like to know is, how does it sound and are the guns meaty?  :o=

Thanks.

GR has excellent sound :thumbsup:

The first time I heard "right behind you" I half jumped-half spun in my chair looking for the person behind me and fell over chair and all. That's what I want for sound this time around too. :D

(I wonder if I can sue RSE for a mild heart attack and whiplash :hmm: )

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

the original GR had great sound and you actually "felt" like you were creeping through bushes, had bullets flying past and hitting a rock behind you etc, or hear tanks that you can't see yet. In fact I'm sure I read that the sound engineers won awards for their work. My PC wont be able to handle any flashy graphics, but I'd still enjoy the game if it managed to create the same kind of atmosphere through the way it sounded.

Thanks.

In answer to sound Q. The sound system is being used from the Xbox 360 version. as stated in this interview with Christian Allen at E3 this year.

See Link: for more details.

Will the PC version be a (gulp) port?

No, it is being developed totally separately, but the same sound aspects from the Xbox 360 are being used in the PC version.

Interview Link: http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-serellan-GRAW.htm

Colin

Hi,

Thanks.

In answer to sound Q. The sound system is being used from the Xbox 360 version. as stated in this interview with Christian Allen at E3 this year.

See Link: for more details.

Will the PC version be a (gulp) port?

No, it is being developed totally separately, but the same sound aspects from the Xbox 360 are being used in the PC version.

Interview Link: http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/interview-serellan-GRAW.htm

Colin

Thanks, but that link didn't work.

I read in yesterdays paper that the Xbox360 will retail for just over £200 (without acessories :unsure: thats cheaper than it will be to upgrade my pc so that it looks/sounds as nice.

Yeah that 'right behind you' thing scared me the first time as well. So did the dog barking in the woods on the wilderness map. Hammered the go prone key and did a 360, looking for it :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone will make some mods/map packs/skins etc for this.... kinda like HX3, HX4. (bajabravo,harntrox - the ususal suspects :D )

Oh dear I'm getting carried away and excited again :ph34r:

Will someone point me in the direction of a link on the sound details, please. (the other one didnt work)

Thanks in advance.

GR has excellent sound  :thumbsup:

The first time I heard "right behind you" I half jumped-half spun in my chair looking for the person behind me and fell over chair and all. That's what I want for sound this time around too.  :D

(I wonder if I can sue RSE for a mild heart attack and whiplash  :hmm: )

LOL! Damn, that brings up good memories... :D

First time (and maybe some other times :whistle: ) I heard the "right behind you" from my teammates it scared the hell out of me too. I wasn't expecting it, and it sounded incridibly natural.

Hopefully we'll see it again in GRAW.

OK, here is a teaser. We all love mods and hope that there is mod support and we have it. There will be a level editor that will allow us to create maps and such similar to Unreal Ed and use any object that is in game. I will be touching on that in my intereview and report. I can't say much more until I get everything sorted out then OKed through Mathieu.

I am waiting on my apartment to cool off (I turned the AC off while I was gone) and want to grab a shower and get my dead ass in bed, I may have had a total of 25 hours of sleep since Monday when I got up. I have been up for about 22 hours as of now and am beat and need some sleep. Until my place cools down enough to grab a shower, I will be catching up on forum readings.

Remember that the XBox 360 videos are pretty much CG rendered movie and not true XBox360 gameplay. While RSE may have been able to work out some screenshots, gameplay hasn't really been seen from the platform. The PC screens and the demo I have seen are pretty representative of what we will get. I want you to remember that the PC demo I have seen is a pre-alpha build and it is playable and it looks pretty good. There are optimizations that still need to be done of course, and will be seen in later builds.

I would gladly trade a map editor for a mission editor anyday. Are the days gone where a server sided mission can be made?

Keep your shirt on. :P

That sounds like some truely good news. Coop tourneys with custom server side missions have done a lot to keep GR alive and make it unique.

WK, thanks for the all the time you've already put into this project and all the time yet to come. We all appreciate it. :yes:

Remember that the XBox 360 videos are pretty much CG rendered movie and not true XBox360 gameplay. While RSE may have been able to work out some screenshots, gameplay hasn't really been seen from the platform. The PC screens and the demo I have seen are pretty representative of what we will get. I want you to remember that the PC demo I have seen is a pre-alpha build and it is playable and it looks pretty good. There are optimizations that still need to be done of course, and will be seen in later builds.

I was pretty sure AW was one of the x360 games that was playable... :unsure:

Hey how is the server setup going to be? Just asking to see if you get a look at that. Almost everygame now the server control is a pain in the bum. Having to go on the internet, or use some tool, or type a bunch of commands on screen is annoying. I miss the GR style of server editing. You know, click here click there click OK start the game all in a couple of seconds. I been playing AA lately and well, it takes forever.

Cant wait to read your report WK...Sounds like it was a wild ride of a trip.....Any word on being able to edit/mod the look of your character?

I know its a small thing....and I dont know how much it even affects most of us....but my LAN group loved this game for 2 years...then I started reading on here how to mod your own face into the game....and it added so much more fun to the LAN parties.....Just being able to look at a chr..and know who it is...without having to reticle up a name...was sooooo sweet.

HACK

G.R.A.W. HOT TOPICS

I thought I would tag this to this topic try and keep bit together.

The W.K. Visit to GC was good news and we are waiting for more info when ready.

Other people were also there, The Game Site Reporters.

These links will add to this topic.

Some of there reports.

GameSpy Preview And IGN Preview and screen shots

GameSpy Preview: Posted by Sup. http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...topic=27466&hl=

IGN Screens: Posted by Rocky. http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27392

IGN Preview:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/643/643119p1.html

I'm very curious to know if the December release date for GRAW PC is a snow job or not.

We've all become quit cynical about initial release dates and not without reason. I don't even think that game devs fall back and need more time. I think that publishers just blatentaly lie in order to keep the fans ferver stoked.

So is December for GRAW PC just a ferver stokerer and we'll get it in July 06 or something or do you think December is realistic?

The fact that the ealier x box footage was just cgi mock ups and that the pc stuff shows no enemy or team mates at all makes me wonder if it's in an early stage adn that four months is way too short a time to seee a finished game.

Hope WK can shed some light on that.

GR:AW has been in development, on all platforms, for over 18 months. The Xbox 360 stuff is playable, and isn't purely a CGI rendering, there just wasn't a playable demo at E3 or the German Convention. Also if you look at what media has been released for PC, Xbox and 360, there are AI (team and enemy) shown for each.

Just remember, GR:AW 360 is going to be a launch title for that console, with launch in November....ish. The PC version should be a bit further along, at the present time, since GRIN has been able to just keep working on the game. The Xbox 360 development team had to wait until June/July before they recieved the 360 beta kits, and could only do so much with the Alpha kit (the modified Mac G5 seen at E3). If any project is going to be "under the gun", it would be 360. I hope RSE gets some extra coffee makers! :P

I wouldn't worry about not having GR:AW this holiday season.

I'm very curious to know if the December release date for GRAW PC is a snow job or not.

GR:AW has been in development, on all platforms, for over 18 months. 

Grin are famous for quick turnarounds.

And to be honest I dont want a game that is patched to death, I would prefer to waite for a quality game that the devs are happy with.