I will make my own mod

Hoi, :ph34r:

:o= my problem: I will make my own mod but i dont know wich is the best editor for it

and how a mod generally homemade!!!

i will try it because i had good ideas!!!

:ph34r: can anybody tell me as i can made my own mod and where i can download a good editor? :ph34r:

:o can you be more specific? im a bit puzzled.

/ingeloop

Well, if you want to make your own original models (weapons, new characters, maps or levels, or vehicles) you will need a 3d modeling program. The only 3d program that is supported by gr is 3ds max, and yoiu can only use 3ds max 3, 4 or 5. any higher versions wont work. As was mentioned, if you just want to mod missions all you need is igor. If you want to make your own skins and textures (for characters, vehicles, gun textures, map textures) you will need photoshop or psp. Good luck with modding!!

ok thanks

i think i need 3ds max and pothoshop!!

yesterday i build my first mission (coop- firefight)!! the problem: the sound from the weapons were "death" :wall: i had build it with igor the map was great but i had two problem 1. the sound of the weapons! when i shot at a rock i heard the sound when i shot in the air.............. nothing!!! the when i shot at a enemie the self one!!!

2.when i clicked for one shot there come betwen five and ten bullets

What can i do?

The funny thing is i had an instruction (in my language) for igor.exe

Well, if you have been just modding a mission, and not weapons none of those problems should happen. The only way anything like that would happen is if you arent using properly made weapons. Are you using the standard GR weapons?

I dont know what you eman by this: the when i shot at a enemie the self one. please elaborate.

Also does any rounds come out of the gun when you fire? shoot at a tree or building. do you see a bullet hole? How about if you play original missions do you have the same problems? Also, you need to make yourself a mod folder so you dont overwrite the orig files. Have you done that with igor?

EDIT: after seeing your last post i think you can download the program from www.discreet.com thats the 3ds max site. You would have to buy a lisence though. Make sure you get either 3ds max 3, 4 or 5 nohing higher will work in gr. If youcant find a legal download i would reccomend you dont get a bootleg copy rocky dosent like that stuff. I think you can buy it iin stores tho.

Edited by element11

@ element11: Thanks for the answer

1. I mean when i shot in the enemies head is the sound the problem because there is no sound from my weapon!!!!

2.there comes roundes out of the gun, bullets too!

3.Yes is see a bullet hole

4.No Problems in the original maps

5.Yes i have done it with Igor (with Instruction)

@ GTR: i think i needn't the photoshop!!!!! :D

($600US are they stupid?)

which person payes $600US for a programm?

2.there comes roundes out of the gun, bullets too!

3.Yes is see a bullet hole

:rofl: I laughed for awhile after reading this

@ GRT:  i think i needn't the photoshop!!!!!  :D 

($600US are they stupid?)

which person payes $600US for a programm?

Well its a very good program.

I say nothing about Max  :blink:

It's better!!!!! :devil:

because of the mission briefing- I dont know what i write into it!!!

Let me do the maps AT FIRST!!!  I need time!!!!!!

Lol!

Yes maps can take a very long time to make. But dont pay 600 bucks for photoshop. You could get a used older version of ps like 5 maybe for about 40 or 50 bucks even. I think theyre up to 9 nowadays? Also, check out paint shop pro. Do a google search for it. its almost the same and i thiknk its cheaper too.

Good luck with max too, and if you need help getting started check some of the tutorial sites posted earlier.