will there be few weapons in GR2 if it exists?

The weapons would most likely be the same ones with more kit variety or different accessories.

If they do bring back the M60, lets hope they bring the M60E3 ( newer version thats more accurate and more compact).

Maybe they will include a M1911 ( since real special forces still use the gun)since they had 3 times to include it and they didnt. <_<

I would like to see a M14, a UMP .45, maybe a Sig 550/551, smokes & bangs maybe,new secodary weapons for snipers ( maybe a MP5-PDW, M4 9mm sub,maybe a shotgun? cool if the added a sawed off double barrel shotgun or any shotgun at all, maybe a modified Glock with the infamous semi-3rnd-full auto settings?maybe istead of a extra ammo kit-how bout a C-mag or high capacity mag for that gun?maybe they could get rid of the demo charges in multiplayer or at least make them explode after a certain time?

Maybe they will include a '' recon'' character with a whole new weapon set?

Just a thought or two on what Id like to see, even though the game is pretty much fine the way it is......but if their gonna make it bigger and better.......

Maybe have the system that seems to be in ravenshield where you pick the weapon and then you have a list of various attachments that can be stuck on it like a suppressor or a high cap magazine. You have balance because you would only get one, but you would still get to have a cool toy! :D

C

Maybe have the system that seems to be in ravenshield where you pick the weapon and then you have a list of various attachments that can be stuck on it like a suppressor or a high cap magazine.  You have balance because you would only get one, but you would still get to have a cool toy! :D

C

i would LOVE to see that :wub::o=:o= exept alot of attachments

Edited by ragodamdiculus

I believe RSE should add many more slots for alloted equipment as well. Real soldiers, especialy Special Forces operators, carry tons of weight. If and when they make a GR2, they need to put more realistic kits and weapons in there. Alot of the new weapon and accessorys SF teams have gotten recently, are being neglected. For example, the M60 is entirely phased out in our armed forces (Excluding some use in the Air Force). Even the new M60E4 proved to perform badly when the SEALs fielded it. Now SOF guys have the MK48 Mod 0, and the MK46 mod 0. The MK46 is a compact modified M249 SAW, and the Mk48 is a bigger upgraded version in 7.62, akin to the M240. The new addition to the SOPMOD family is the MK12 Mod 0, or the M4 SPR (Special Purpose Rifle). Which is a accurasized M4/M16 to be used in medium range engagements. New to the table as well, are the products of Troy Industries. They recently built a M14 SOPMOD on the request of certain units. This, along with a M4 of their own build, which can be chambered in either 6.8mm, or 5.56x45mm.

http://www.troyind.com/

There should be no M16 in the game, however, if they choose to put one in, it should be a M16A3, which is in essance an M16 with removable carry handle, and single/full auto trigger group. Sidearms are another important issue. As people have mentioned, the 1911 and it's clone's are very popular. Wilson Combat is commonly used by such units as Delta Force these days. The Marines (MEU - SOC) have their own custom built version too. Army Special Forces still use Berettas in some cases however, as well as Sig Sauer P226 and P228 models. Not to forget Glocks, and the popular MK23 and USP Tactical. The LAPD SWAT just switched from their own custom 1911, to a standard Kimber piece, if that tells you anything about the quality of product from that company. The FBI HRT guys have a custom built Springfield, sold to civilians as the TRP.

Btw, Zantar, there is no Glock with a three slot fire selector. It is only Semi and Full Auto, and that is the Glock 18. There are also custom modification's on the market to mod your own Glock, whatever model it be, to fire full auto.

[Edit; Spelling/added HRT/LAPD bit]

Edited by Piccolo

Right on the money, thats what Ive ben trying to say, but you put it so perfectly well.

I think this game was a kitbash of weapons, mostly all old ones that will most certainly be phased out in the future ( game set in 2008-2010) if not re made to a beeter standard or upgraded.

BTW, where are the Dwyer guns?

(check out popular mechanics to see what Im talking about)

OCSW!!!!!!!

Man what would I do to get one of those puppies in a game.  Damn, that would be insane.  Think about ambushes in MP with like 4 of those things?!?!!

lmao! that would be Funny.... maybe make it a two person kit as well (since it's a 2-man gun in r/l)

OCSW.gif

:hehe:

Rago: The problem with some of your suggestions, is that they are very outdated. The last place the CAR15 was used heavily was in the 1993 Somalia conflict (Read: BHD). The M4 was made in 1994 and fielded shortly after, with the M4A1 for JSOC boys, and now the SOPMOD kit and all the new things coming out today far exced what it was capable of. They have modern Commando's these day, with short barrels and such. If you recall, SOF did a piece on it a few months back, after the attempt on President Karazi in Afghanistan.

The weapons would most likely be the same ones with more kit variety or different accessories.

If they do bring back the M60, lets hope they bring the M60E3 ( newer version thats more accurate and more compact).

Maybe they will include a M1911 ( since real special forces still use the gun)since they had 3 times to include it and they didnt. <_<

I would like to see a M14, a UMP .45, maybe a Sig 550/551, smokes & bangs maybe,new secodary weapons for snipers ( maybe a MP5-PDW, M4 9mm sub,maybe a shotgun? cool if the added a sawed off double barrel shotgun or any shotgun at all, maybe a modified Glock with the infamous semi-3rnd-full auto settings?maybe istead of a extra ammo kit-how bout a C-mag or high capacity mag for that gun?maybe they could get rid of the demo charges in multiplayer or at least make them explode after a certain time?

Maybe they will include a '' recon'' character with a whole new weapon set?

Just a thought or two on what Id like to see, even though the game is pretty much fine the way it is......but if their gonna make it bigger and better.......

then it would be too much like rainbow six cause that sounds like where u got ur ideas from

then it would be too much like rainbow six cause that sounds like where u got ur ideas from

LOL

No I didnt get my ideas from Rainbow 6, those are genuine weapons used by special forces members, also they are some of my favorite weapons.

Really I dont care what guns they put in the game as long as they add some variety.

I can always go and make my own weapons with 3d sm, like I already did.

Not to mention install mods made by people with these guns already in them.

:P

Personally I wanna see greater kit selection. Why can't a sniper carry an assault rifle? All weapons should be open to all soldier types so If I want my assault squad to take an SA80 rifle and frags I should be able to. Real SF can use a variety of weapons and this should be reflected in GR2. Radio detonators, c4, claymores (sensor and detonator types) laser designators, arty strikes, air strikes, bugging, camera placement, choice of cammo and body armour, etc (maybe I should just send this email off to santa (or is that satan??) himself lol)

Maybe dead bodies could be dragged so as not to alert patrols that wander by.

lmao! that would be Funny.... maybe make it a two person kit as well (since it's a 2-man gun in r/l)

Yeah it would be sweet, wouldn't it? You could carry it by yourself, but maybe with a huge speed penalty? And in MP if you have a partner, both people get the kill instead of just the shooter. And the helper gets a SMG.

I think that might be a really cool idea.

May be hard to implement though.

maybe they could get rid of the demo charges in multiplayer or at least make them explode after a certain time?

I wish they could explode everything on the map. cars, doors, walls. Maybe some anti vehicles mines(as a mission objective). Disarm some time bombs or land mines. :devil:

I agree with Jex. We should be able to call airstrike or artillery (just like in Armoured Fist 3), using a laser designator to point the target when we need it.

Edited by Sgt.Crocodile