Getting Vehicles to move!

[Codes]

Try the tutorials for IGOR ,from el OSO,u can get them here in this SITE ,or just kilk in PATH,on IGOR and then go to ur map and just drag the path or but remember left klik to choose path , rigth kilk to move the path where u want to go ,then it all depends if ur using choppers,dont drag the path,make the paths separated but in secuence,for tanks or vehicles,jeeps and trucks drag

the path.then choose the speed u will find all these in ur IGOR,all these u can find in the TUTORIALS advance IGOR v1 and v 1.2,Hope we can get those tutorials back to help all the new ppl that want to get into the Mission scripting,but at least this is what u can start doin "HAVE FUN "play with IGOR!!

CHEERS.

Edited by Cuchillo*

to move a jeep :

- an actor has to enter the vehicle as a driver (plan:enter vehicle))

- the jeep has to have speed set before a path-plan (plan:speed,path)

- in script: execute plan enter vehicle(teamplan) and move vehicle(vehicleplan)

look in other missions to see how they done it

U can even put your BUDDIES in a chopper for insertion if u want !! IN the RUBBER BOAT if u want TOO !! so the posibilities of this ENGINE are flexible,just play with the Integers and try dif .things INNOVATE!! HAVE FUN!!

Wish u the best if need some help with something just ask,and by me i'LL do as much i can :),there's a HOLE community of ppl that's pretty talented.

CHEERS.

• 3 months later...

Hiya there folks. I have a simple problem i am sure but i am having some trouble getting my vehicles I place on the map to move. I have done what I thought would work.

Place Vehicle

Give it a Plan

Path to such and such

Still they dont want to move for me. Can anyone help me out here?>

Thanks in Advance.

Maxwell

Okay gave the truck a speed and it still does not move.

Gave an allied tank and truck the same kind of path and it moves just fine.

Okay this is really starting to tick me off hahah I can not get the enemy vehicles to move at all. Tank trucks jeeps none of them will move for the enemy.

Edited by Maxwell_Silver

That could be the prob.. Im not really to much into trucks hehe. Try a different truck. Or give it a driver.

Just use entervehicle in one soldiers plan. Remember to check for driver.

Dont know if this fixes your problem, but it might be worth a try.

Yup, he does have to be in his own team. Just remember to do it like this also:

Execute Driver Team Plan

Execute Vehicle Plan.

Then he'll hop on in, and start "driving"

In fact drivers don't necessarily have to be in their own team. Just tick the driver box in the EnterVehicle plan for the team you want to ride in the truck and one of them will be selected as the driver. You can give the plan to the vehicle anytime and as soon as it has a driver it will execute it.

Cheers, Jack

This is true only for vehicles that don't need a driver. It takes a default speed which is approx the same as (GR) walking speed - about 2 or 2.5, I imagine. This is useful if you want to use the Follow plan as you will know the actors will be able to keep up!

One input here:

If you want one soldier to ride a boat as a driver DO NOT check the driver box. That will make him sit behind the engine. hehe. Also - boats can move without a driver. If you ever get a need for THAT :)

If you want one soldier to ride a boat as a driver DO NOT check the driver box. That will make him sit behind the engine. hehe. Also - boats can move without a driver. If you ever get a need for THAT :)

They have a coxwain! :D:rolleyes:

If you want one soldier to ride a boat as a driver DO NOT check the driver box. That will make him sit behind the engine.

Hehe, I never thought of that :D I suppose I've always used VehicleLoadPlatoon for boats rather than EnterVehicle, which is why I haven't seen it...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Here's a summary on getting trucks and jeeps to move:

1. Place the desired vehicle type on the map and name it according to its role in the mission (this helps keep it organized)

2a. If you want the vehicle to be moving from the start of the mission, first, go to the Misc tab, click 'Plan', and while you have your vehicle selected, place or double click the plan. This will add a plan to that vehicle. (note that a vehicle or team can only have one plan at a time).

2b. Once this is done, click the Plans tab, and scroll down to Speed. While your vehicle's plan is selected, double click Speed. You will see on the bottom right corner an option to select how fast the vehicle will be moving. I advise you never to exceed 3 on the speed, also note that this is not MPH it is rather MS. Most vehicles, when travelling at a speed greater than 3.0ms will either crash or lose control and stop their path.

2c. After this, you'll need to add a Path (get it from under the plans tab), and from there, hold Ctrl + Left Click to place it on the Command Map (top window in IGOR), and this is the vehicle's first destination. To keep the vehicle from becoming confused, you'll need to do more than just add a single destination, as the AI cannot navigate from just a single waypoint. Now that you have placed the first path, hold Shift + Left Click to place the next leg of the vehicle's path. Continue doing this frequently so the vehicle won't lose track of its path. Once you have reached the desired destination, simply add no more path links, and the vehicle will stop there.

2d. After all of that, you will have to create a Company, Platoon, and Team to hold the driver and/or passengers of the vehicle. Then, select the Actors tab, and place how ever many actors you want near your vehicle, and give them a plan to Enter Vehicle. Select the name of your vehicle from the list on the right side of the editor, and check the Driver box. Now, when you launch your mission, they will automatically hop in the vehicle, and it will drive to its destination. Jeeps and trucks must have a driver to move.

3a. To have the vehicle move at a certain point in the mission, you'll have to get into some scripting. You can post any questions about scripting in the mission modding forums, as this topic doesn't really relate to vehicle modding. First, place your vehicle and the actors who will ride in it on the map like in step 2.

3b. Once you've done that, select the Trigger Plans section (left side of editor), and create two plans under this category. Name them accordingly (e.g. Truck Assault Path and Soldiers Load Into Patrol Truck Plan). Now, in the first plan, place a Speed plan (3ms is good) and a Path leading to where you'll want the truck to drive. In the second plan, place an Enter Vehicle plan and select the desired vehicle's name from the list on the bottom right of the editor.

3c. Now, go to Script (top left of editor) and select Edit. If you've never done any scripting, check out this basic tutorial at this link.

3d. Select 'New', and type something like 'Load The Patrol Truck' in the Comment section (this also keeps things organized).

3e. Next to Trigger Event, you will see Edit. Click this, and from the list, select what you want to trigger the vehicle to be loaded (eg, the players reach a certain zone) In this example, the players get to a certain location, you'll need to scroll through the trigger list and select 'ProximityPlatoon'. You should have referenced the players' platoon in another script block already, so select 'Players' Platoon' or whatever you called it, from the first list. Next, click Range and select how far from the zone/object you want them to be to trigger this event. Finally, select the object that they have to be near to trigger this event, and then click OK.

3f. Now hit Add next to Responses, and this tells the script what happens when the Trigger Event happens. Select ExecutePlanTeam and choose your vehicle team and their trigger plan from the lists. Press OK. Now add another response and set it to ExecutePlanVehicle, but this time, select your vehicle and its trigger plan.

3g. Now, your script should look something like this:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

01: init

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set Player Platoon to (The player-controlled platoon).

Group: <Default>

Comment:

02: load the truck

Trigger Event:

A member of Player Platoon is within 5 meter(s) of Forest Zone 1.

Responses:

Assign Plan - Loadup in Test Truck to Team VE - Drivers and execute.

Assign Plan - Test Truck Path to Vehicle VE - Test Truck and execute.

If you need any more help, I'll be glad to give you a hand.

Edited by rileyfletcher_01