New sniper I would like to see for GRAW?

FA sear

I've been following the development of the .408 for quite a while now, and am considering getting the EDM .408. I personally would like to see this gun in GRAW as it seems very likely that it will see future service.

Last I heard two working samples were in the field with a Marine unit in Iraq (correct me if I have my info mixed up), and they proved to be more than capable. Can anyone shed any more light on this? Does anyone know if this round is being given the official "go"?.

For those who may no know about this the .408 is a round developed by Cheyenne Tactical. It is a .505 Gibbs round that has been necked down to a .408. In short, it is called the CheyTac.

I have not had a chance to fire this round yet, so I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this round, but just from what I have read it seems to have quite a bit of potential. Just wanted to know if there are any people here that have had any actual experience with this round, or if you had any inside information on the results of the testing.

Thanks.

Edited by jchung

Yes, real life experience is what I was making a reference to. Also, I'm talking about the .408 round not the rifles that fire it. I know I made a reference to the EDM, but that is only because I am considering one, and the caliber I am considering is the .408.

I just wanted more info on the caliber, and now that the Marines have field tested an EDM .408, I was hoping there was more information available

Also, if the round seems very likely to be adopted by our branches of service, I would like to see it in GRAW.

Anyone?

Edited by jchung

Gun shows :thumbsup:

Yeah, I joined this forum because WhiteKnight said there were people here that knew what they were talking about (unlike the UBI forums). I posted this yesterday in the Real World Military thread, but nobody has responded yet.

So do you do a lot of shooting?

not as much as id want to.. Been dieing talking to all the weapon dealers and playing with their inventory.

Planning on an AR15 build here soon... probly in the next 3 months i should have a law enforcment AR

check out this website. They have all the good stuff around in the state

http://www.onlythebestfirearms.com/links.html

Edited by Prozac360

What kind of receiver are you going to build the AR on?

Those pictures were pretty nice. I have not had a chance to shoot an LMG yet. I need to get out one of these days and shoot a couple belts through one.

I sold a Bushmaster J15 commando, and just sold a GunTec M4. I wanted to keep the Bushmaster, but the receiver was far too worn out. I still sold it for more than what I bought it for. The guy wants to "build up" the worn out parts. He apparently owns a small machine shop out in Texas where he often buys worn out receivers and builds them up to like new specs.

My J15 had too much play in it regardless of the upper I put on it, and even the accuwedges were not working too well anymore. I'm selling a GunTec 20in A2 right now, and then I'm looking to get the EDM in a .408, or a .338. I'm also looking at a 1968 Colt M4 (beautiful gun, but the price is too high), and a 1982 Colt M4. If I buy the Colt (the 82'), I'll have to hold off on the EDM.