Chernaya Noch - "Dark Nights" - is coming soon!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thank you guys! What can I say about this map... This is one of my first maps... I made it few months ago and started modify it just when Craig sent me email...

I hope that someone could tell me what I need to do with trees textures to remove black background that appeared with leaves...

Edited by SOPMOD

BTW SC! You can find SV 98 and 99 in Hookers Sniper Patrol... You can say, this SOPMOD is lazy ######, but I'm workin' on map that Craig required :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Really? Hmm, probably unavailable now as it was a very early GR mod release and I don't think I've seen it re-uploaded.

I like the maps as well SOPMOD. Think you need some things for the player to take cover behind on the city map such as dumpsters, cars, etc. As for the leaves I'd search the map forum for a solution. I also like your forest map too, great work. :)

Edited by Suicide Commando

QUICK UPDATE:

* Mission 14_A almost finished...after creating about 50 new actors needed for several of the last missions. When this mission is finished, we will have 8 more to go!

* The campaign ending has been finalized and I think you are in for a treat! I have spent several motnths now trying to come up with an ending worthy of an epic campaign like this. I think we finally have it now!

* Two new maps are now underway and will be used in some of the later missions (one you heard about in this thread, the other you haven't :rocky: ).

* Current mod size is getting huge (680 MB uncompressed). It will be a big download, but I think it will be worth it.

* New screen shots to come soon...the first intel briefing before your new assignment to Chechnya!

Craig, as you know I from Russia, what means that I'm using Russian version of GR... So... that means that all voices of Ghosts are in Russian... Well, I thought that CN mod become more realistic if ghosts will speak russian.... think about it... Just tell me and I'll send you them/ :yes:

I knew you'll say that way, man! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

SOPMOD, You the man! I recevied all three folders and tried it out. So far looks like it will work without having to replace the voice .xml files. I only tried it in a few applications so far, but it looks like it will do the job.

It adds another 25 MB to the mod, but the price is negligible. It sounds really great! Now our spetsnaz troops are speaking Russian! Great idea!

Bolshoye Spaseba, Costya!

There are legal issues with the inclusion of copyrighted material such as the voices but I say the hell with it. The game's ancient by any standards and I think it will add a ton to the immersion.

Just thought I'd bring it up since someone might in the future.

what?? tell us more pls. :blink:

There are legal issues with the inclusion of copyrighted material such as the voices but I say the hell with it. The game's ancient by any standards and I think it will add a ton to the immersion.

Just thought I'd bring it up since someone might in the future.

I thought they were talking about voices that were already in the game. I'm confused. :wacko:

Yeah, Russian voices in the Russian retail version of GR to replace the english voices in western versions of GR. It's all property of Ubi and some might raise concerns over this proprietary content. The same concerns were voiced about including SOAF maps into GR which was deemed a no no. This is somewhat the same. maybe I'm wrong. :huh:

But like I said I'd include the voices if it were up to me.

Edited by Suicide Commando

Yeah, Russian voices in the Russian retail version of GR to replace the english voices in western versions of GR. It's all property of Ubi and some might raise concerns over this proprietary content. The same concerns were voiced about including SOAF maps into GR which was deemed a no no. This is somewhat the same. maybe I'm wrong.  :huh:

But like I said I'd include the voices if it were up to me.

My day job brings up copyright issues all the time, so I am somewhat familiar with the potential problems. The fact that the files are not used for any form of monetary gain plus the fact that the game is anchient, pretty much eliminates any potential litigation (no case for any kind of damages). The fact that is just a port of sound files from one version of the game to another also diminishes issues somewhat.

I can see the issue with SOAF maps (as porting the maps from one game to another may reduce potential sales), but in this case I think UBI could probably care less. I don't think there are too many non-Russian gamers that will not buy the Russian version because the mod used the voices from the Russian version and thus eliminated their need to buy the game.

Craig, as you know I from Russia, what means that I'm using Russian version of GR... So... that means that all voices of Ghosts are in Russian... Well, I thought that CN mod become more realistic if ghosts will speak russian.... think about it... Just tell me and I'll send you them/ :yes:

Are the voices English voices translated to Russian or are they just the sounds from the russian_voice folder?