Chernaya Noch - "Dark Nights" - is coming soon!

Craig, as you know I from Russia, what means that I'm using Russian version of GR... So... that means that all voices of Ghosts are in Russian... Well, I thought that CN mod become more realistic if ghosts will speak russian.... think about it... Just tell me and I'll send you them/ :yes:

Are the voices English voices translated to Russian or are they just the sounds from the russian_voice folder?

Russian translated voices in replacement of the english voices--basically the voices of the player's team.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ATO_Architect, after been of the seen for a while I missed the start of this Mod - thanx for using my BlakOps OpFor Vehicle Mod in this seemingly excellent Mod ! I look foward to seeing how it plays.

One question is ref my vehilces - Did u need any of them "Pimping-Up" for inclusion in this Mod ??? If u have any unit insignia added to Vehicles or even different cammo added or even new versions ;) then please drop me a PM - please note Im a little buisy with Centcom stuff at mo but if its a small/quick job I could slip it in somewhere :yes:

Hey ATO_Architect, after been of the seen for a while I missed the start of this Mod - thanx for using my BlakOps OpFor Vehicle Mod in this seemingly excellent Mod ! I look foward to seeing how it plays.

One question is ref my vehilces - Did u need any of them "Pimping-Up" for inclusion in this Mod ??? If u have any unit insignia added to Vehicles  or even different cammo added or even new versions  ;)  then please drop me a PM - please note Im a little buisy with Centcom stuff at mo but if its a small/quick job I could slip it in somewhere  :yes:

Actually I am pretty good on the insignia issue. There are many units involved and I think it would be too much to try to do individual unit insignias on vehicles. If we did anything with alternative skins I would do a winter version of the Zil, BMP, 2S19, and T80BV with snow on top on areas not around the engine or air intakes.

What I really need most in the way of vehicles is the crashed Hind. I have two missions involving shot down hinds that could really benefit from this model. The other destroyed vehicles are also very welcome additions. If there were any other vehicles I could really use--a full-size BMW or Mercedes! Apparently in the earlier Chechen conflicts, there were tons of BMWs and other luxury sedans used by the Chechens for everything from recon to trucking troops around...most stolen from other parts of Europe and resold via the Chechen mafia. It was an issue of humor that there were often parking lots of BMWs and Mercedes close to the battle front from Chechens who drove themselves to the war. :yes:

Edited by ATO_Architect

Here's a sample of some of the players in the world of Chernay Noch:

abrikasov.jpg

Zhabri Abrikasov, age 42, born in the city of Shatoi. Fought in the conflicts of 1995/96 and 2001 and joined Shamil Basayev as a field commander in 2004. Orchestrated the tragic hostage taking of Aeroflot Flight 934 and the Alagir massacre of South Ossetian OMON troops in 2006. His physical appearance is typical of Chechen Islamists with full hair and beard and his most distinguishing physical trait is a large burn scar on the left side of his face from an accident when he was a boy.

Abrikasov ascended into leadership of the Chechen Islamist movement in 2006 following the death of his mentor, Shamil Basayev. In late 2006, Abrikasov successfully unified several of the fractioned Islamist terrorist and separatist groups from Dagestan and Chechnya into one organization, the Army of Islamic Martyrs (AIM). Like Basayev, Abrikasov has rejected any conditional authority of Russia and is committed to using both traditional guerilla tactics as well as spectacular acts of terrorism to further the Islamist cause. In early 2007, the movement grew even more powerful due to withdrawl of Russian troops in the region under pressure from politicians in Moscow attempting to win international support by displaying a new 'friendlier' approach to Chechen reintegration. Abrikasov exploited the political situation by assuming control of more territory and successfully rebuilding the Chechen's capability to wage conventional warfare by bolstering the Chechen ranks with international jihadists and rebuilding their logistical and training capabilities. However, it would not be until a crisis event in the Fall of 2007 that Moscow would realize the size of the monster that had been growing under its nose.

zakayev.jpg

Mohammed Zakayev was the leader of the Vedeno Islamic People's Brigade until he joined Abrikasov's AIM in early 2007. In February 2007, Zakayev was photographed at a summit meeting at an AIM training camp in Ingushetia. Shortly afterward KAVKAZCENTER accounced that Zakayev has assumed the position of AIM Chief of Martyrdom Operations and began planning special terrorist attacks for Abrikasov inside Caucasia and the surrounding republics...mostly hostage takings, kidnappings, and assassination of government officials.

ruduyev.jpg

Salaman Ruduyev, age 53, born in Shatoi. Moved to Lenningrad (St. Petersburg) at age 13, and grew up in the bootlegger underworld of the communist-era Soviet Union. By age 18, Ruduyev was recognized as a ruthless organized crime figure due to his brutal exploits in the fued between the Chechen and Georgian mafia. By age 24, he was promoted to underboss and moved to Moscow where he ran the largest prostitution ring in Russia for the Chechen mafia. In his thirities, he expanded his business enterprise into smuggling of restricted goods and narcotics. After perostroyka, Ruduyev assumed control of the fragmented Chechen mafia in Moscow and emerged as undisputed leader. In 1996 and 1997, he survived several assassination attempts in wars with the Georgian mafia and the Armenian mafia and consoldiated the Chechen control of all prostitution and white slavery in Moscow. In 2001, after the death of his brother in a clash with Russian troops in Chechnya, he restored long broken communications with his family and started providing funds and smuggling capabilities to the Chechen forces of Shamil Basayev. Although it is unconfirmed, it is suspected by GRU that Ruduyev is currently aiding Basayev's successor, Zhabri Abrikasov, by providing weapons and money laundering services. While Abrikasov and Ruduyev have obvious ideological differences, they are both Chechen nationalists and more improtantly, both are related by clan.

Edited by ATO_Architect

Snow-touched Zil, BMP (BMP-1 or 2 BTW?), 2S19 and T80BV - most of those are being done for my own Mod, so expect them soon.  :D

The crashed Hind I will squeeze in sometime over next few days  :thumbsup:

Rock On, Blakarion! Thanks a lot. I will PM you my email address.

As for snow covered vehicles, BMP-2 would be great.

Edited by ATO_Architect

Update:

* Blakarion's new destroyed vehicles now integrated.

* Mission 18_A is now complete. 8 more to go.

* SOPMOD's russian radio voices now integrated plus new edited Russian radio voices for scripted radio messages.

* New special map by Bitshot is now complete (Subbasement of the 'Aquarium' - The GRU headquarters in Moscow)

Some new stuff in the works that is sure to be a treat. Stay tuned!

Edited by ATO_Architect

very interestesting with the new maps that might come into

the mod for sure.

took some time to create a new russian reticle (my version), 9x42

think it goes quite well with sleepers new winter map and some chechen bad guys.

:o=

this is just some screenies and this map is not included in the mod.

ss5.jpg

hmmm, time for a close shave

ss6.jpg

to bad, he could not stand the idea of losing his beard :-)

Nice to hear of the ongoing progress. Love the reticle too ingeloop, just wish they had pips. :D

thx sc. i´ve made them with pips, but i kinda like them without. looks more realistic.

Nice reticule... what weapon is it for?

it´s one type of many russian sniper reticles. this one is called 9x42 i think.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

* Realism modifications to gun files and kits complete

* New missions is underway

* Lots of refinements made on the 15 completed 'action' missions.

The last two weeks have been pretty slow on new mission scripting due to some tedious sound work and a lot of refinements to effects, kit changes, and various realism mods.

Nine more missions to go!