New Movie

WhiteKnight77

You have missed the one that says Official Movie 1 New, that is right under the E3 video.

This exclusive movie shows off some of the advanced gear that you'll be equipped with in Ghost Recon 3.

POSTED: 08/05/05 | Approx: 0m 36s | High Res - 15.6 MB - Low Res 7.7 MB

I could almost feel the x box controller in action as the little round cursor hopped from item to item rather than drifting as it would if a mouse was being used. That doesnt mean anything, just another reminder of how the whole game will be designed to fit a console.

I hope when they say GRAW is being made differently for the pc they really mean it. I've seen a lot of pc games in the last year or so that were such blatent ports from a console they they never even bothered re creating a new game set up menu and some hardly even tweaked the in game actions to suit the mouse.

I also dont like those eyeware goggles the soldier wears. As high tech as they look they restrict his field of view to a rediculous degree. Look like those e-dimentional 3d gamer glasses. No advantage they could give as far as digital inpu they give could make up for robbing him of his perhipheral vision.

Lastly, im just wondering when in fact GRAW is supposed to be quite close to release why they same tiny bit of game footage is looped and looped and looped and looped constantly. It's almost as if that was something they mocked up before they even started the project. I know that many game companies spend a lot of energy on getting early interest and keeping it starting at even the pre production stage. That's why they initially put out release dates they know damn well they cant make.

Edited by Poita

I hope when they say GRAW is being made differently for the pc they really mean it.

This is inherently a non-issue, as RSE's console offerings and Grin's PC offerings won't even be using the same engine. From official announcements, the the Xbox360 title and PC title share only audio files, with each house building from a common design ideal, but building specifically for the platform they are focusing on.

It's not possible for GRAW-PC to be a 'port' of GRAW-Xbox360.

From what i understand Grin will only be working ont he single player side of GRAW PC. I personally spent about 95% of the time with GR1 in multiplayer.

The multi side of GRAW PC aparently uses a different graphics engine to the single player one which is being developed by GRIN.

We haven't hear much about who is developing the multi side, i think it' RSE. The question is, is the multi side a console port or not.

Don't be misdirected by the GRIN thing. Even thought he single player missions will be interesing, as with GR1 it's the multi that wil give GRAW PC it's longevity and popularity. So we need to know about that side of the development.

Am I the only one here really annoyed with the built in visor sensors? Granted the video I saw was not ingame photage, but the guy yells out somthing like "Lots of tangos , light it up!" and is followed by a visor shot of a guys seeing red targets in a building before they are even a threat.

Gameplay would seem REALLY dumbed down if I or teammates know where the threats are before they are even threats. I also have to ask myself, whats the point in calling out targets if everyone gets a bright red indicator in thier visor?! I dont mind the gadgets, the ammo that goes through walls, or even the medic when compared to this.

Part of GR1's classic feel was that you had to look for targets and constantly scope out the horizon. The red/green indicators seem to go against this in a big way. I sincerly hope this feature has an option for players/servers to turn off for the PC. I also cant see how any realistic technology can distiguish who is freand or foe and paint them accordingly.

Edited by smokin

In the cinematic trailer, the Ghosts are alerted to the tango prescence via a UAV, which you can see flying around. It doesn't happen by magic, but again that is only a trailer, we don't know how it will work exactly in real gameplay.

Am I the only one here really annoyed with the built in visor sensors?...

Gameplay would seem REALLY dumbed down if I or teammates know where the threats are before they are even threats. I also have to ask myself, whats the point in calling out targets if everyone gets a bright red indicator in thier visor?! ...

I agree, I do not like the red enemy indicators either. Their reasoning behind it is probably because its like the radar, where you would see red dots and know it was the enemy, but this time you see the red outlines on the screen instead. I would much rather have the radar though.

I dont see the military using this either. I mean, what if a civilian was trying to get away and he/she became this red outline for the Ghosts to shoot?

I just noticed something, in that movie they colour up the various componants in a aqua blue colour. I did the exact same thing 10 months ago in this feature on GR technology. That feature was going to be part of a series, I think there are 2 other parts in the Recon section.

I don't know why I picked that blue, but how about that, it turned out to be the colour of the GRAW logo and the same colour and technique they used in that video! :D

Gamespot has that movie exclusively until Monday, when it will be made available to fansite operators.  Hopefully it'll be in a resolution where we can actually read the text boxes.  ;)

The movies dropped in my mailbox this morning, and you can read the text :thumbsup:

I dont see the military using this either. I mean, what if a civilian was trying to get away and he/she became this red outline for the Ghosts to shoot?

I'm sure that if it was not a verified target that it simply would not be highlighted or probably it would be highlighted in a different colour. :o=