Pitbull vs Porcupine

Cpl Ledanek

I don't know. That may not have been a dog versus porky thing. I had a golden retriever that rolled on a dead porcupine and came home looking pretty scary. Lots of quills in her shoulder and side of her head.

@ZJJ: Not Nellie, she was too smart. It was Woofer who was dumb as a post :wall:

Looks like poor poochie got himself into a "sticky" situation and just couldn't decide what to do!

It is however an example of why pet owners should be more mindful of their pets, because my first question is WHERE does a Pit Bull Terrier get into a mix with a porcupine, and when it did get into said Mix, where was the dogs owner to get the doggie out of danger?

The dog made a full recovery, it says as much on the site if I remember correctly.

That's good to hear! Surprising though. My family has been in the dog breeding business for years. Porcupine wounds are extremely serious. The problem is in the way they are barbed appearantly (my sister is the vet tech, not me...). If the miss removing even the smallest fragment of quill it will keep boring deeper and deeper. I've seen quill fragments which embedded in the mouth sprout from the top of the muzzle over a year later.

That's good to hear! Surprising though. My family has been in the dog breeding business for years. Porcupine wounds are extremely serious. The problem is in the way they are barbed appearantly (my sister is the vet tech, not me...). If the miss removing even the smallest fragment of quill it will keep boring deeper and deeper. I've seen quill fragments which embedded in the mouth sprout from the top of the muzzle over a year later.

Ouch! I must admit, I've only been able to look at that image once, it is a bit gruesome.