Ghost Recon.net Forums

The only problems we are having with it is the amount of spyware and crap is loads to our systems. :nono:

I made my son cancel his membership due to the frequent reformats that were required in order for him to play. :o=

Whaaaaaat? Are you crazy? don't deprive the poor kid of RuneScape! RuneScape doesn't do anything like that. If it did, I wouldn't be typing this.

On a more serious note, I have had no problems with their site in the last 2 months. Maybe try resetting your router\modem if you using Cable or DSL? On my old crappy router, it used to screw up with the DNS and I'd have to reset my router to get to my own clan's website.

Whaaaaaat? Are you crazy? don't deprive the poor kid of RuneScape! RuneScape doesn't do anything like that. If it did, I wouldn't be typing this.

On a more serious note, I have had no problems with their site in the last 2 months. Maybe try resetting your router\modem if you using Cable or DSL? On my old crappy router, it used to screw up with the DNS and I'd have to reset my router to get to my own clan's website.

I tested that site and 2 of the RS forums he went to, and the amount of Spyware was ungodly. He doesn't have any AV or firewalls or any of that internet security crap.

The nite I tested those three sites, I did so individually, and in the 3 minutes I was at RS just clicking through the site, there were 14 criticals deposited on my PC. Then the couple of forums that he goes to for RS generated even more.

Just 2 days ago, he went to RuneHQ, and RS community, and landed 53 new criticals on ZJJ's machine.

He asked the same thing: why doesn't it take my dad's PC down, or some other peoples?

Answer: I don't know. But I would guess that experience with a PC and knowing how it works is one, and two, everyone else is running all kinds of AV and internet security crap, that we don't run here.

It got to where his machine ran so slow because of the spyware he was getting, that he had to reformat every other nite just to make it run. It got so he quit even trying to reconfigure Winblows, because he knew a reformat was on the way, but he didn't care, he just wanted to play RS. And at that time, that was all he did with his PC, was that, and use Messenger. So we know that was the cause of it.

...wouldnt the easy solution be to point your browser at AVG and Sygate and get him a nice firewall and AV combo? For free? I have been using both on my current PC since i bought it, and the only time i had a problem was when i removed them both.