Replacing sound results in a_thrush.wav playing

I am trying to replace an original sound (one that exists in Origmiss\Sound) in my mod. In this case, it is a_exfrag1.wav. I put the custom a_exfrag1.wav file in my <mod>\sound directory and use Igor to update the mod's effects.xml file. In game, the sound that is always played is a_thrush.wav from the Origmiss\sound directory.

All of my other mod sounds work fine. (wav files that don't exist in Origmiss\Sound)

I have not been able to work out how to get around this.

-Doc

Edited by Caliban

I am trying to replace an original sound (one that exists in Origmiss\Sound) in my mod.  In this case, it is a_exfrag1.wav.  I put the custom a_exfrag1.wav file in my <mod>\sound directory and use Igor to update the mod's effects.xml file.  In game, the sound that is always played is a_thrush.wav from the Origmiss\sound directory.

All of my other mod sounds work fine.  (wav files that don't exist in Origmiss\Sound)

I have not been able to work out how to get around this.

-Doc

im not sure i follow you m8 :blink:

You have to take the a_exfrag1.wav sound out then make the xml file, then put it back in your sound folder. The overwriting sounds dont need to be put in a xml file.

So id take it out of the sound folder, open igor and update your xml file(press reconcile, then apply/ok). Then put it back and load GR.

Edited by GRT

You have to take the a_exfrag1.wav sound out then make the xml file, then put it back in your sound folder. The overwriting sounds dont need to be put in a xml file.

<snip>

That did it. Thanks! (I just removed the entries from my effects.xml file with a text editor.)

-Doc

Edited by Caliban