Win the chance to preview GRAW

Hey Guys, i thought you would like to see this one a.s.a.p.

We are pleased to announce the chance to win a trip to the German Games Convention in Leipzig, where you will be able to see Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on PC behind closed doors, speak to devteam members, and much more! 

To be in with a chance to win this unique experience, we would like you to write a piece (no more than 500 words) on "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon" and email it to the following address: gr3contest@ubisoft.co.uk

Full Details and rules of entry

ghost recon is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very cool.

They took my advice, I received the email today:

Dear Chems

Please buy this game, we need the money, we are poor and dejected, we never learnt how to get rid of ubi and make a good game on our own, they beat us with sticks, at least if you buy the game we will have money to get health care (from Canada meds are cheap there) and then maybe start making our own game. Hopefully we will at least make one game, then maybe we will announce a sequel but instead of releasing it, we will just post pictures of it on walls in alleys so that people can wee on them and that way get some sort of fps experience which doesn’t involve going out and fighting past the other 12 year olds to get a xbox. If you buy this game, we will probably use the money to make some interesting sounding concept, eg; Special Forces action, the most real it gets. Then we will produce a game that is on the moon where you fight with giant space suits on screaming “TANGO 57 WE HAVE SEEN WHAT WE THINK IS AN ALIEUM REQUEST FIRESUPPORT†Then earth will nuke the planet your on making the game short and cheap. This will then be made for Xbox and PS2 and the kids will love it to death. We will then make millions and millions of more ######ty games eventually turning from a games developer into a butt monkey of so large studio. Buy the game cause we will always be loyal to you, our true fans, we’d never do anything to hurt you.

Grin.

PS Please forgive us for not writing 500 words, as we never keep to what we say.

Attached: Worm.Blaster32.exe

Edited by Chems

Personally they should be writing 500 words to me sayin why I should want to play it.

Right on. They sure haven't shown it yet. :thumbsup:

If it turns out to be a good game, I'll happily eat my words, with tobbasco sauce.

Personally they should be writing 500 words to me sayin why I should want to play it.

You are the best!!!! I'll have a stupid grin on my face all day.

Same here. HEHE.

Lol, good awnser. :rofl:

The RIGHT answer.

They took my advice, I received the email today:

Dear Chems

Please buy this game, we need the money, we are poor and dejected, we never learnt how to get rid of ubi and make a good game on our own, they beat us with sticks, at least if you buy the game we will have money to get health care (from Canada meds are cheap there) and then maybe start making our own game. Hopefully we will at least make one game, then maybe we will announce a sequel but instead of releasing it, we will just post pictures of it on walls in alleys so that people can wee on them and that way get some sort of fps experience which doesn’t involve going out and fighting past the other 12 year olds to get a xbox. If you buy this game, we will probably use the money to make some interesting sounding concept, eg; Special Forces action, the most real it gets. Then we will produce a game that is on the moon where you fight with giant space suits on screaming “TANGO 57 WE HAVE SEEN WHAT WE THINK IS AN ALIEUM REQUEST FIRESUPPORT†Then earth will nuke the planet your on making the game short and cheap. This will then be made for Xbox and PS2 and the kids will love it to death. We will then make millions and millions of more ######ty games eventually turning from a games developer into a butt monkey of so large studio. Buy the game cause we will always be loyal to you, our true fans, we’d never do anything to hurt you.

Grin.

PS Please forgive us for not writing 500 words, as we never keep to what we say.

Attached: Worm.Blaster32.exe

Chems, you are priceless ! ! I see you have more than modding talent under your belt ! ! ROFLMFAOPIMP ! ! :rofl::rofl:

Maybe Chems would be happier if Ubi kept us in the dark again...

C'mon, why don't you all wait until we have something concrete (which I'm sure will actually happen this time)? This kind of comment won't give you the game you want. You should remember that they are reading.

They were reading before and Ubi kept us in the dark. Doesn't matter how much the devs read, Ubi controls. And if you want to get technical, all the good comments about GR2 never gave us that either, or have you forgotten?

Redstorm was all over these forums, and Ubi would let them do nothing.

Same thing with Grin. That entire team can be here reading 8 hours a day everyday, but unless Ubi says so, nothing said or done.

Grin isn't Ubi, but they are controlled by them, so GRIN will give us what Ubi wants them to. That simple.

That is just a cold, hard fact of reality.

Chems, YOU DA' MAN ! ! ! :thumbsup::whistle::o=

Edited by =UE=Phantom

I think its a good idea, although I would have liked to have the kids being able to enter, which is a shame.

This is a free trip to see a game some of us have been waiting years to see and all you can do is take the ######.

The past is the past.

I realy do get the feeling that some of you dont wont this game to succeed, I wonder why, ulterior motivation I recon.

You know dam well the devs come in here to read, and they have changed some things already in GRAW because the sencible ones in the forums asked for changes

Recent Interviews;

Q.A. RSE"Is the PC version being developed now?

Yes.

Will the PC version be a (gulp) port? edited NO NO NO NO NO

"No, it is being developed totally separately, but the same sound aspects from the Xbox 360 are being used in the PC version."

"Will we have the cluttered HUD and coloured silhouettes that we see in the 360 version?

HUD's are as yet not final.

Will the PC be stuck with the FPWV? If it is kept as an option, will the player have a setting to override a server's setting, so that this view can't be forced upon the player in MP?

I bet 'WhiteKnight' (of Ghostrecon.net) asked that question didn't he?

Errrrrrr....yes.....I think so.....it certainly does sound like a question he'd ask

View options have not been finalized yet."

Q.A. RSE "A lot of people have been upset with very little information on the upcoming PC-based Tom Clancy games. Have you in any way listened to the input and wishes of fans when doing Tom Clancy’s GHOST RECON Advanced Warfighter™?

Because we do not express ourselves on the forums does not mean that we don’t read them. We know what the expectations are, and our objective remains to provide a deep and involving game.

We are still debating many aspects of the game, and the opinions expressed by the fans are always taken in consideration. For example on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon 2, feedbacks from the PC community revealed that the “Over the shoulder†view was not appreciated. So on the PC version of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™, we decided to stick to a first person view during the whole game."

SO THEY LISTEN

THEY CARE

THEY WANT THIS GAME TO SUCEED

Quote like this are just BS:

Grin isn't Ubi, but they are controlled by them, so GRIN will give us what Ubi wants them to. That simple.

You dont know this, you have no actual proof that Grin.Inc is under controle of UBI, May be as far as contracts are concerned yes. But thats it.

So you want to make statments about a company then prove it. :nono:

Oh and before you reply I have heard all the BS UBI did this and did that before its just plain boring.

So thanks UBI and Grin for giving us this opertunity im sure you will recieve some great stories from most of us.

Colin

They were reading before and Ubi kept us in the dark. Doesn't matter how much the devs read, Ubi controls. And if you want to get technical, all the good comments about GR2 never gave us that either, or have you forgotten?

Redstorm was all over these forums, and Ubi would let them do nothing.

Same thing with Grin. That entire team can be here reading 8 hours a day everyday, but unless Ubi says so, nothing said or done.

So basically you're telling me that, since Ubi is controlling Grin, you can just throw all the ###### at Grin, 'cause it won't make any difference? Doesn't make much sense to me...

I admit that I don't really have a very good feeling about this game, but I can see that Grin, as a developer, is doing the best they are allowed to do, and therefore I will try and have an encouraging attitude towards them. Ubi is the one to blame, but now we have information and screenshots, and they're offering one person the chance to check out the game on the contest before its release. Doesn't that change things a little comparing to our situation in GR2?

EDIT (On-topic): Good luck to everyone - I just hope someone from the community wins. :thumbsup:

Edited by SAF_Night Scope

Personally, I think it's a great contest.  I'd love to win a trip to Germany to go a gaming convention and play GRAW before it's released.  Now I just have to write my winning entry.  :thumbsup:

Me Too I think this is a great idea. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its a pity some people have to soil it with waste :nono:

Very good responce saf and sealz

Uhm, this is a discussion about a fantastic new competition launched by Ubisoft. It's not about GR2, it is not about Grin, and it is not about sarcasm.

Get a grip, some of you are so far down the cynical slope you can't see a good thing when it slaps you in the face.

Keep it on topic or take it somewhere else, geez.

Umm guys, you might want to bear in mind there is no competition of this nature at all for the console version. So dispite the mess which was GR2 PC they are making amends, that doesnt mean the game will be exaclty what you want but hey i know a great way to find out if it is anything close and thats enter the comp and get the chance to check it out ;)

<Admin Deletion> keep the baiting out of here.

But I would definatly like to see your entries thou, after youve sent them of course, (beware plagrism!) maybe you mite even be able to convince us cynics if not Grim themselves.

Edited by Rocky

ahem...allright, as your attorney, I have read the terms/conditions, disclaimers, clauses, subparts, waivers, limitations, of this offer and it is my opinion that they are giving away the farm...farm day, and farm night...ahem...

and they are doing it with a sense of humor...(read the rules carefully for some imbedded humor)

I think this is a wonderful way to get new young people into "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon." I just wonder how you would judge such a competition? it's got to be tough!

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot, I'd love a free trip to Germany, and to get to play some GR at game convention there would take it over the top. Notice it says "no more than 500 words", not more than. They don't want to be judging this forever.

Edit:

8. The winner will be selected at random from all correct entries. (so I suppose it's more of a lottery.)

Jezuz, what is with you people? If you don't like it, then don't post about it.

The rules state that you must be a resident of Great Britian (Don't quote me on that, not sure if that is exactly what it said) so I am out of the competition automaticly. :(

When i posted the info i hadnt seen the comp for the US, they are holding a identical one for US residents details of which can be found here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc...13/m/4821025143

Rocky did update the main page news with it but you probably missed it, i know im guilty of not always reading the news page (shh dont tell rocky i said that :unsure: )