GR2:SS Enemy AI Answer!

GR2:SS is looking really good. They have made some great changes for the upcoming expansion which have brought back a more GR1 feeling.

One of the big issues I had with GR2 was the enemy AI. I have been trying to get a response from anyone about the enemy AI in the expansion. Today, I finally got an answer from an IGN employee (Ghost_NineOne1) who has played the game.

I asked if he knew if the enemy AI had been tweaked. He said...

Tweaked, yes. But it is not overhauled.

I then asked if he knew what they did to the AI. He responded...

Don't know exactly what was tweaked. Yes, they [enemy AI] definitely can be frustratingly tough at times. From what I've played, and I am not a great player, it wasn't overly unfair/tough - but it was pretty close to GR2. The game is definitely not easy, but the new open maps means you can use tactics better and use cover better. That will help balance the A.I. thing if you are a smart player.

This confirms that the AI was improved and tactics are more important this time around when dealing with the enemy. We still dont know exactly what was tweaked but this info has got me even more excited about this game.