Where have the downloads gone?

U|\|_N0_Nam3_01

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that's too bad.  But Rocky still has the HTML website page with all the names right? 

I am afraid not, Fileplanet had the whole thing in a dbase, and it is looking like one guy decided to spring clean and delete the whole folder off the server, mods, listings, the works. A gaming lifetime of mods gone.

I have emailed the person in question, and am still awaiting a response.

I told Akira, I'm an admin over there, that we should check into http://filefront.com/

They have AMAZING download speeds and TONS of free servers.

I don't like filefront much, myself.

Looks like FP has gotten so big and/or full of themselves that they feel no apology is necessary, no request for cd's from them so their staff, who caused this mess, can make it right. Absolutely no mention by them at their site of their very big "oops". Guess it's time to cancel my pay account there.

They've gone downhill since IGN bought 'em. :(

www.ghostaholic.com has removed the register approval just to support the GR community.

So anyone looking for mods is free to go there and download what they want (without the need to register).

One note, cause money isnt growing on our back :(

When our bandwith limit has been reached we will be forced to put the register approval back on.

Happy downloading and I hope the ghostrecon.net admins can get this all back up and running.

@GR.NET staff. I know someone else posted earlier. But a bittorrent tracker/seeding sounds like a great idea. The protocol is really fast for popular files and would cut down the the advertising annoyances most hosting sites impose. Heck could even go trackless from what I know about the new protocol. Downside is many net admins block or limit the protocol because it is misunderstood.

I could seed some mods I have a few on my hdd anyway.

This is really bad because my HD failed at about the same time and I lost all my mod-work plus the two big mods that I have completed. Now I can't even play my own mods, I hope someone out there has Civil War and Section 1 mods :unsure:

so that means everybody who submitted something has to do so again?

jeez this sucks

:censored:

Not nesc. Obviously I have a pretty huge archive here on my HD, getting it all uploaded to webspace is a rather daunting thought though.

If there is a way I can out help let me know.

Cheers

I have a few GB of GR mods. Mostly old ones, but a few new ones. In about 2 months I'll have a faster upload as well so anything I have that can't be found anywhere else, I can send up. Biggest problem is gonna be figuring out descriptions for them... and requirements...

Gonna pack a new version of SF so we get away from the patch on my mod... been bugging me a while that I never did that... but for now... back under the BioWare whip. *Smack* *Wolf turn around* I'm working as fast as I can god damn it! I'm melting here! (But it's fun :) )

we at etf-clan.org have been discussing this on our forum, and a number of us are ready to contribute to the re-pop of your mod pool... just let us know when you're ready ... we have -quite- a few mods between all of us.

Thank you!

FileShack blows Fileplan-n0t out of the water.

Speakeasy.net, a premium ISP, runs the servers. Unlike gamespy/yahoo they are real broadband ISP with over-the-top servers kicking the crap outta the non-ISP providers like gamespyte.

They also have Filecloud, which is a pretty good deal if you want to host gigs upon gigs online with no limit to the downloads.