"Just Business"

"Those crazy terrorists can go get themselves killed over their ideology. As long as they pay me first before they go off to Paradise. It's nothing personal. It's

"Just Business"

Campaign background story is HERE.

Mod contains:

A two-mission Campaign...

...on two maps. The first is the Great Wall map from This Thread Here...

...and a second MP sized map I made for practice, that was taking up space on my hard-disk...

... A mission by Jay316...Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

...A "China Army Officer" CHR by Dog-Zebra... Thanks pal! :yes:

...an Outro by myself...(just learned how to do one lol)

Full details on mod and mod use in the readme.

Grab it Here!

(All 22MB of it...)

Edit: Mirror site here. Thanks Rocky!

Sorry to everyone for keeping y'all waiting Better late than never. :)

Thanks for all your support and encouragement. This was the first map I made in Jan 2003. If you look closely, you can tell! :rolleyes:

but I hope this doesn't stop you from enjoying the mod anyway! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Worm

Nice job on the mod, Worm & co.

Just played the missions a couple of times but haven't been able to complete them yet (1.30AM here, so my reactiontime is dropping by the minute)

Minor issues I've found:

I sometimes get stuck inside the tunnel leading up to the top of the wall and sometimes the portal is missed, making the room dissapear.

Some hills are a bit steep and flat to my liking, but no real bug there.

Couple of sticky edges when you hug the wall and some edge-joints leave a gap in the terrain/surface.

I'll be trying to finish the campaign properly tomorrow but for now it's time to get some sleep.

Good job!

Hey thanks for the feedback and suppprt guys, it's appreciated. :thumbsup:

@ Rocky: Thanks for the mirror, mate :) No offence but I wasn't expecting many DLs, so I didn't want to hassle you for a mirror site.

@ Tools: Oooops...what does the Ike.log say? Check that the DS and IT are activted as well. The missions need some vehicles and tangoes from the expansion packs.

(BTW The big map [with no mission] is standalone, but the little map needs DS for a few textures.)

@ GiWeDa: Er..... :huh: if it's a problem with DL speed or on-line time, you can get a external browser tool like "Flashget". It allows you to DL a few % at a time, so you'd get the whole package after a few days. That's how I get 150MB game demos lol

@Deleyt: Yup, lots of rookie mistakes there. :D I've since learned to do things better

eg The tunnel was a disaster: avoid it. The tunnel ends in a 5 sided hole, so I (duuuuh... :stupid: ) put a 5 sided portal into the hole.

The GreatWall itself was a series of boxes joined end to end. A single Loft Object would be much better looking and seemless. Plus I built the entire map, start to finish, without knowing how to use "Snaps" :o I just eye-balled the whole process.

As for the ugly hills, a high poly ground scared me :rolleyes: . So the entire terrain is a low poly 8 by 8 grid plane! I'm more"fearless" with higher polys now. :)

Had some more time today to play the maps and I really think you did a good job there, Worm.

I really like the fact that things look real, and with that I mean that constructions are proportional, added details (like broken off parts of the wall at the entrances with some rubble on the sides) contribute to the "wear and tear" of objects in real life.

A very good job on the environment-settings I might add. The low angle, large yellow sun together with the almost white fog mimics a morning scene very nicely.

It would have been great if a new skybox was used but the stock one serves it's purpose well.

Although a copy from The Mill by Biro, the working watermill with is a nice touch.

A great deal of time has been spent on the lighting. Especially at the bunker where multiple rooms are lit in various colours creating a nice atmosphere.

It's good to see that there also was attention for indirect lighting, like the corridor at the entrance of the bunker.

The second map is quite a bit smaller but a very nice map nonetheless.

The (stock) textures are chosen well and most of the times mapped correctly on the objects.

The layout is very open but has enough natural cover like rocks and ditches.

The two real issues that affect gameplay (especially MP) and could have been fixed are the bushes (Great Wall) and the slopes of the terrain (both maps).

Some planes of the bushes are tagged to be inpenetrable and colliding.

This causes some problems when you want to crawl through them (getting stuck) and when you're trying to take out targets through the foliage (blocking the bullets).

Some slopes are so steep that they will cause glitching and as such will cause some annoyance in MP games.

Both maps will give GR players something fresh to play on again, as it has been a while since a decent map has been released.

They also hold enough areas and possibilites for scripters to unleash their best skills on, having fun while doing so.

Congrats on a job well done, Worm

People will enjoy these maps.

BTW: what's up with the Riven copy at the watermill? ;)

Thanks for the DL and the feedback everyone, I appreciate it :blush:

Although a copy from The Mill by Biro, the working watermill with is a nice touch.

BTW: what's up with the Riven copy at the watermill? ;)

Ummm I don't know about that. I made my waterwheel in 2003. I don't think Biro or I even knew the other guy was making a wheel (until now) :)

Oh, the Riven box, just supporting an UBI game I was enjoying at that time.

If y'all look around, you'll also find Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon CD-Roms lying around here and there :whistle:

<crying>I will never be able to download this mod...<\crying>

Can I post it to ya ol' boy?

BTW, where ya bin lately?

Downloading now - aint tried it yet...

I'm going to try to download it with a download manager. Thanks a lot for your offer but there are no chance a CD could reach me here in Saudi since it would be prolly intercepted by the security.

• 2 weeks later...
<crying>I will never be able to download this mod...<\crying>

Can I post it to ya ol' boy?

BTW, where ya bin lately?

Downloading now - aint tried it yet...

I'm going to try to download it with a download manager. Thanks a lot for your offer but there are no chance a CD could reach me here in Saudi since it would be prolly intercepted by the security.

Done! :D

Going to play now, I will post my impressions tomorrow!!!