Mod Suggestions

element11

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As Swartsz suggested, a sidearm

Beretta 96

752 polys

beretta96.jpg

Just thought I'd point this out to you....Police forces in the U.S. no longer carry beretta's. at least not the 9mm models. There was a major problem with the slide in that a subject could literally push it back and remove the slide and barrel completely, leaving the officer with only a grip and magazine.

SWAT teams have recently switched to SiG 226's in .40 and .45 cal, and H&K USP's in .45 cal. Very few police forces carry 9mm anymore, due to a lack of stopping power. Keep in mind that a 9mm is basically a .38, and the number one reason the Army went to the .45 colt was due to the lack of power in the smaller round....a subject hyped up on drugs WILL NOT STOP if hit with a 9mm in a non-vital area.

My advice is to go for a Sig or H&K sidearm chambered for a .40 (10mm) or .45. The big Colt 1911 isn't really a service issue anymore, so stay away from it.

Uh, guys, I don't believe SWAT uses 203's!!! If this topic is supposed to be related to SWAT weapons, let's keep it there. Also, I don't know if SWAT uses .50's. That said, I think that AI .50 is a nice addition to a potential SWAT inventory.

Also, keep your PSG-1 at the 5 round mag size. Police snipers usually don't need to worry about really large numbers of subjects.

And for your M4 SD, remember that a silencer doesn't completely knock down the sound of the shot...all it does is make the weapons sound like something other than a firearm. And with a supersonic round like the .223 Remington, the gun will still sound like a cannon, so keep that in mind when you do the .gun files for the mod.

Just thought I'd point this out to you....Police forces in the U.S. no longer carry beretta's. at least not the 9mm models. There was a major problem with the slide in that a subject could literally push it back and remove the slide and barrel completely, leaving the officer with only a grip and magazine.

SWAT teams have recently switched to SiG 226's in .40 and .45 cal, and H&K USP's in .45 cal. Very few police forces carry 9mm anymore, due to a lack of stopping power. Keep in mind that a 9mm is basically a .38, and the number one reason the Army went to the .45 colt was due to the lack of power in the smaller round....a subject hyped up on drugs WILL NOT STOP if hit with a 9mm in a non-vital area.

My advice is to go for a Sig or H&K sidearm chambered for a .40 (10mm) or .45. The big Colt 1911 isn't really a service issue anymore, so stay away from it.

Now that i think about it, i havent really seen a cop with a beretta. Usually they have something more like a glock or a colt. But im no expert on police weapons. I know they use mp5 the ump, the m4, m16.

Uh, guys, I don't believe SWAT uses 203's!!! If this topic is supposed to be related to SWAT weapons, let's keep it there. Also, I don't know if SWAT uses .50's. That said, I think that AI .50 is a nice addition to a potential SWAT inventory.

Also, keep your PSG-1 at the 5 round mag size. Police snipers usually don't need to worry about really large numbers of subjects.

And for your M4 SD, remember that a silencer doesn't completely knock down the sound of the shot...all it does is make the weapons sound like something other than a firearm. And with a supersonic round like the .223 Remington, the gun will still sound like a cannon, so keep that in mind when you do the .gun files for the mod.

Yeah i wouldnt think the swat teams would use an m203 thats why i didnt put one in there. Ok, im no expert on guns, so i really wouldnt know what i silencer sounds like except from games. And 22's sound like cannons :blink: ? Thats news to me... They make just about no kick, and its not much more noise than my pellet gun. My dad has a 22 semi...

There could definately be a use for an M203 in SWAT applications as there are both flashbang and teargas grenades in 40mm.

Heared some bad reports about how well they work though, aparently they are great for shooting in through windows with but tend to penetrate drywall panels.

Now that i think about it, i havent really seen a cop with a beretta. Usually they have something more like a glock or a colt. But im no expert on police weapons. I know they use mp5 the ump, the m4, m16.

Yeah i wouldnt think the swat teams would use an m203 thats why i didnt put one in there. Ok, im no expert on guns, so i really wouldnt know what i silencer sounds like except from games. And 22's sound like cannons :blink: ? Thats news to me... They make just about no kick, and its not much more noise than my pellet gun. My dad has a 22 semi...

It's just an expression, but the point is pretty clear. Bear in mind that the source of the "gunshot" sound is not necesarily the explosion of the propellant, but the bullet breaking the sound barrier. Silencers arent good at slowing down a bullet enough to keep them subsonic, so that crack is still there. and when you're entering a building and everyone else is carrying MP5 SD's, a normal round WILL sound abnormally loud.

It's just an expression, but the point is pretty clear. Bear in mind that the source of the "gunshot" sound is not necesarily the explosion of the propellant, but the bullet breaking the sound barrier. Silencers arent good at slowing down a bullet enough to keep them subsonic, so that crack is still there. and when you're entering a building and everyone else is carrying MP5 SD's, a normal round WILL sound abnormally loud.

you know there are 9mm subsonic bullets for youse with Silencers