New job!

Dan

After a month and a bit of looking, throwing resumes at people, phoning, emailing, interviews etc etc etc, i have finally gotten a job!

Ironic part is it was one of the first i applied for :huh:

Its for a company called Jumbuck, and I'll be monitering mobile phone chatrooms (SMS or WAP etc etc)

Jumbuck have made the chat programs, and people like O2, Vodaphone and Verizon in the US. I see all the messages people send, and if someone breaks the rules, i have to warn or ban them. And if its really bad, their carrier gets notified.

Pay is good, lots of hours (operates all day, every day day of the year), office is nice and modern. They have lots of Dells too, Dells as far as the eye can see.

So if you use an mobile phone chatroom, i might be watching :ph34r:

I have a cell fone on 02 pay as you go.. ha .. :lol:  But i never order games, ringtones or go on chat rooms.....  :nono:

Watch out for the all seeing eye...   :yes:

I'm on O2 pay as you go too....

The good thing is, even though I'm on pay as you go, I've still got 200 free texts and 100 free minutes (you'd normally get these with contract packages). I've got them thanx to O2's pay as you go Bolt-On's (the way it works, they take £10 away from my air time each month for the texts and £5 away from my airtime each month for the 100 free minutes - so I have to make sure I've got atleast 15 pounds worth of credit on my phone for when they take it away from my airtime each month). My Sony Ericson S700i phone keeps track of how many texts I've sent each month and how many minutes I've used etc....

The bad thing is, I've sent 191 texts this month (most of which were to my new girlfriend, I won't disclose the content of some of those texts, especially some of her replies). So when I use up my 200 free texts, I'll then have to pay for each text I send (afaik, it's 10p per text). It won't be till the first half of July before they take £10 pounds away from my airtime and give me 200 more free texts....

~Jameson

Edited by .:Nightmare:.

Yeah true nightmare.. I get free txts every time i top up as well its awesome.. I buzz of those free txt messages.. My Sony Ericson T610 keeps track of mine as well everytime i call someone or txt someone i get a credit balance notification!.. Well cool :thumbsup:

Well, I might have to increase the amount of free texts I get per month, I've used 196 now, been watching how many I send the past week because I've nearly used my 200 free texts!

@ Goosebumps, the credit balance notification is nothing to do with Sony Ericsson mobile phones. It's to do with 02. I used to have a Sony Ericsson K700i on T-Mobile and that didn't do credit balance notification. It's nothing to do with the model of the phone either; K700i is a newer (and better) model than the T610 but the K700i doesn't get the notifications.... My Sony Ericsson S700i (my current mobile) does get the notifications though and it's one of the newer Sony Ericssons out there. 02 also don't do delivery reports, all the other UK networks do them though. (also, my S700i is "unlocked", which means it will take any sime card from any network (so I could whack a Vodafone sime card in my phone f I wanted to and it would still work brilliantly), it was sold to me unlocked - I bought it online)

~Jameson

You can get by on 200 texts?  Holy crap!  I have 500 with Verizon and I still managed to go over. :wacko:

Texting bugs me. I've nearly thrown 2 mobile phones on to the ground out of frustration at predictive texting. I dunno what it is about phones, especially as I am a gadget freak, but I just cannie stand them!!

Hey Dan send me some details on if theres any more jobs there mate, I could do with earning some cash sitting on my ######, the only things I've seen so far seem like pyramid schemes and I'm loathe to try to invite folks to send me cash and reap no rewards

cool job.... i plan on going to get my high school diploma soon.... join the army :ph34r:

then after I serve going to full sail college :D

then who knows... maybe get a job for some one or start a buisness :o=

i got a huge amount of personal ideals/morals/beliefs/tasks/plans to aid me in my journey.... ill be good to go in the future :rocky:

Edited by Prozac360

Hey Dan send me some details on if theres any more jobs there mate, I could do with earning some cash sitting on my ######, the only things I've seen so far seem like pyramid schemes and I'm loathe to try to invite folks to send me cash and reap no rewards

you wanna move to perth, australia? Thats where all the monitering happens. The glory of internet!

@rocky: you know you can usually turn predictive text off....

and you said cannie! ahaha!! OT, but have you ever seen the show 'chewing the fat'?

Those of you wit predictive text turned on, open a new text message and tye the word "SMIRNOFF". Once you've done that, have a look at a screen to see what word predictive text has come up with, it's funny as hell (for those of you who know what Smirnoff is)....

When you've done it, post up here to tell everyone what predictive text makes of SMIRNOFF.... (and yes, I know the answer already).

~JJ

July 8, Friday is the deadline to get hands-free kit celfone in Chicago.

Now the mandatory use hands-free make up kit for women, and the magazine/newspaper/foodtray for men deadline won't take effect until after Christmas. :whistle:

Have fun Dan :thumbsup: