Car model

Zeko

So i decided to model a car in max for practice. I didnt picked one yet but i guess i'll pick something easy for starters. I started with tire and brakes. Progress is slow cuz of summer :D and too much work :wacko: .

I need to model a lot more details for every part and then i'll start with car. Anyway click on pictures to see bigger renders.

disc2_thu.jpg

disc4_thu.jpg

tire_wip_thu.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a bit thin on that rotor. If you're going for 100% realistic, the rotor would have a protruding section in the center with holes that slip over the wheel studs. I didn't know if you're going for correctness, or 'looks good, don't make what can't be seen.'

Edited by RooK

Thx for comments Chems! Yeah all the stuff is pretty much WIP so a lot of part r missing. I made tire tread with displace. It's not finished either cuz it needs better detail. Gotta make a new texture in PS. I'll post more screens later on today.

Check my profile for msn Chems.

that looks cool.. The disc brake and callipers look nice.. But the alloy wheel looks a bit plasticky.. add some nuts on the edge of the rims..

Edit: Try a chrom spinner effect :rofl:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by GooseBumps

Here u go Chems, i hope u can see it better now. I made 2 versions, both WIP and i'll probably try to do some more. 2nd one doesnt tile good so i need to fix that too.

I also played with rim shader a bit more but IMHO still needs some work. Click on images to see bigger ones.

wip_3_thu.jpg

wip_4_thu.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome. :)

Thx Prozac :D

I made a new rim. I think i'm gonna stick to this design. Needs some work on bolts part but overall i'm happy with it. Click on thumb to see bigger version.

rim_new_thu.jpg

C&C is welcome. :)

Make a '70s muscle car g-machine ala HotRod mag.  Something like a nice fastback Mustang, a AAR 'Cuda, or GTO.

If i get some decent blueprints that are scaled properly, than i might make one (at least try to make one :rolleyes: ).

the new rim looks sweet... you should market it... lol id buy a set if i had $ .... :rofl:

But seriously... i dont know if it was intended but it looks like there might be a little pinching on the edges of the spokes... check it out but like i said that might have been what you wanted...

GJ M8!! :thumbsup:

Thx for comments pantera_team_a! :)

Yeah that was meant to be. Maybe i'll remove it. I gotta fix some stuff anyway so i'll see how it looks without this.

Well for car i picked a Audi S3 since this is my first car model and i dont have too much skills in 3DSM so i started with a car that's not having too complicated curves and lots of details.

Anyway i started and got this after some time. Very early WIP. Wire needs a lot of work lol.

Click on thumb to see bigger render.

s3_wip_thu.jpg

C&C is welcome! :)

That's the way I modeled firearms in 02. I'd do one half then the other, mirror it and attach them. At that point I added the round parts (barrel etc) and unique things like sling swivels, scope windage controls, or bolt handles.

Anyone know some great sites for beginners with 3dsm 7? I *obtained* a copy some time ago from a friend at college and would like to learn how to use it and see how I like it before shelling out money for a student version, but of course I don't have the files to try out the tutorials.

Hehe to tell u the truth Rook and Snake, i'm doing it exactly like u think guys. I'm modeling one half and the other half is just a instance clone mirrored. When it's done i'll attach the other half and weld the vertices. Thats why u can see the seam on the middle of the model.

Rook here are few links for u.

http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

http://www.3dtotal.com/

http://www.3d-palace.com/videos.php

http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold...old_tutorials=4

http://cgunderground.com/tutorials/index.php

And a lot more... Some sites might require free registration.

Good luck m8 :)

Thx Prozac  :D

I made a new rim. I think i'm gonna stick to this design. Needs some work on bolts part but overall i'm happy with it. Click on thumb to see bigger version.

rim_new_thu.jpg

C&C is welcome. :)

oooh ... I like, I like.... :thumbsup: They Will look good on a Mitsibushi Evo 8

Edited by GooseBumps