how to create striped camo?

hi there!

i wonder if anyone has some info to share on how to make striped camo?

have tried the adrenaline camo plugin, it´s great but has no striped kind of camo.

how does one get the sample of the camo in the first place, taking it from a pic

from the net. is that the way?

/ingeloop

somewhere on GR.net there is thread about where to get swatches of camo for usage in GR. i have found Kamo's camoflauge, and Henrik Clausen's websites to be the best....i'm sure a real skinner will be by here soon and will be able to give better advice than me though..... :whistle:

somewhere on GR.net there is thread about where to get swatches of camo for usage in GR. i have found Kamo's camoflauge, and Henrik Clausen's websites to be the best....i'm sure a real skinner will be by here soon and will be able to give better advice than me though..... :whistle:

yes, i really hope so :rofl: just hope the skinner understands my english.

/ingeloop

picked two colors contrasting enuff for foreground and background. filled with lighter color. did a Artistic...Sponge... got me a camo-looking thing. then used Other...Offset to offset then blended edges, offset again, and had a tile. throughout about 1/4 of the texture size, then stretched to full capacity for horizontal stripe.. etc.. etc... just takes a lil messin around in PS.

picked two colors contrasting enuff for foreground and background. filled with lighter color. did a Artistic...Sponge... got me a camo-looking thing. then used Other...Offset to offset then blended edges, offset again, and had a tile. throughout about 1/4 of the texture size, then stretched to full capacity for horizontal stripe.. etc.. etc... just takes  a lil messin around in PS.

:rofl: well, i´ll better get down to some business then.

thanx hybrid.

/ingeloop

picked two colors contrasting enuff for foreground and background. filled with lighter color. did a Artistic...Sponge... got me a camo-looking thing. then used Other...Offset to offset then blended edges, offset again, and had a tile. throughout about 1/4 of the texture size, then stretched to full capacity for horizontal stripe.. etc.. etc... just takes  a lil messin around in PS.

:rofl: well, i´ll better get down to some business then.

thanx hybrid.

/ingeloop

yeah man..stop dragging your butt.....those IKEA terrorists need some BDU's made..... :harhar:

sorry, mate..i couldnt resist. :flowers:

what type of "striped" camo are you looking for? i have 3 different colors of tiger stripe. the regular vietnam green, desert tiger, and the blue tiger that russian Sf use/used. plus i'm sure i could edit colors as well. if you want the swatches to do them yourself, i can pass them on to you as well.

Edited by XE_Joker

what type of "striped" camo are you looking for? i have 3 different colors of tiger stripe. the regular vietnam green, desert tiger, and the blue tiger that russian Sf use/used. plus i'm sure i could edit colors as well. if you want the swatches to do them yourself, i can pass them on to you as well.

hi there Xe_Joker!

im not really sure what im after, want to learn the technique to create

these "swatches"!??

but please do pass them so i can have a look. your CLC is great.

/ingeloop

i'll load them up in a zip file. or if you can't unzip a zip file i'll just give you links to the patterns and you can save them that way.

i just open the pattern in photoshop, then click edit, then click define as pattern. then i open a new 512 x 512 pixels blank image or 1024 x 1024 pixels for really getting a good skin texture. then use the pattern stamp tool and just fill the new image with the pattern. i personally use 2 layers of wildcat's wrinkles and 1 layer of the pattern. layer 1 is wrinkles, layer 2 is pattern, and layer 3 is wrinkles. layers 2 and 3 i set both to overlay. then merge down the layers starting with layer 3 down. if you do it in another order it usually doesn't look as good. you can do this with any picture as a pattern. which is how i did the realtree camo sets. got the pattern pictures from the realtree site and made them into patterns for my photoshop pattern stamp tool.