BF2 Demo

Zantar45

i try and join a mp game and my screen just sits at the joining screen and doesnt connect. i tried to play a sp game and it just stays at the loading screen. cant seem to get into a game either way just sit there waiting for like 5 min with nothing happening.

Checked your firewall permissions?

That same problem happened to me until I turned off ZoneAlarm :P Then no probs after. (I adjusted the permissions later) Your software firewall is probably sitting there waiting for you to allow BF2 to access the internet, while the BF2 loading screen seems frozen.

Great game :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I dont like the fact that you have to shoot people with 2 full clips or 8 sniper rounds.

Kinda disliking that, since the more useful classes (SF,AT,Med) only carry 3-4 mags.

Guess it just means we gotta stay close to a support expert.

Really hope theres a few crosshairs to choose from in the final version. I need a dot or circle, can't stand the expanded cross.

(grumble grumble)

Edited by Zantar45

Use the special forces weapons, they have a nice red dot, but, good luck with all the armor running around. You don't stand a chance without AT. I do like the 30 shot, one kill approach, such a refreshing change from GR. {sarcasm}

Whatever form GR 3 takes, it will be 100 times better than this rubbish.

You can't and shouldn't compare BF2 to GR.

They represent two totally different styles of shooter. Although it could potentially be played with a tactical feel, BF2 is meant to be fast-paced action ... more along the lines of Halo multiplayer. (Especially with the vehicular combat aspect.)

Because you usually end up playing with people you don't know, there may not be much team coordination, but BF2 tries to encourage and reward teamwork - I think the commander system to issue orders, call artillery strikes, and coordinate the team is pretty cool.

This demo has held my attention more than other recent much-hyped "tactical" games like Brothers in Arms and Full Spectrum Warrior where I didn't even finish the demos.

In the end, it depends on your taste. However, BF2 obviously has excellent production values and enough general appeal that it'll probably garner some major acclaim this year.

im more impressed with it then what i thought i would be....

but then again after playing the demo for 2 days bored already... so that tells me somthing.... bf2 unless there is a tournament series for it ... im not buying it

Edited by Prozac360

Because you usually end up playing with people you don't know, there may not be much team coordination,

What is so great about this BF version is that you can spawn with your squad!! The team (clan) I game with all join the same squad, you then can spawn on the squad leader and always be with your buddies and no where they are!! That feature alone was the deciding factor for me on buying it, This game will hold be till GR3 and beyond. :thumbsup:

Edited by Cutter

Use the special forces weapons, they have a nice red dot, but, good luck with all the armor running around. You don't stand a chance without AT. I do like the 30 shot, one kill approach, such a refreshing change from GR. {sarcasm}

Its a fun game. I dont think its fair to compare it to GR. This was always meant to be an arcade game with stratigy involved, while GR was meant to be realistic.

Only downside is for players w/out a clan. Its very hard to get some cooperation out of the public servers.

Two Thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Go SF, and make your own squad, that way you can call in ammo drops from the commander!

Also SF can run fast, and have the C4, which is much better for AT than the rockets.

This game isnt meant to compete with GR3, but its going to be very popular. In australia, Gamearena (big game server company) have about 12 demo servers, Internode have even more, and often these are full.

Teamwork still isnt the best, with the new squad system its better than it was in BF1942. You just need to learn to be independant.

Its a great game, good fun!

m more impressed with it then what i thought i would be....

but then again after playing the demo for 2 days bored already... so that tells me somthing.... bf2 unless there is a tournament series for it ... im not buying it

Well you have only played one map, with about 1/8th of the vechiles. You havnt experienced the new upgrade system, where you can gain experience and use better weapons. And they will be a more tournnaments and ladders that you can poke a stick at.

Loving SF right now, too bad their weapons aren't overpowered like they were in the BF:MC beta.

(smgs could damage tanks lol)

Was running around tonight in a +4 squad of all SF soldiers causing tons of chaos. Can only imagine how devastating it can be if we knew each other or were using mics.

SF is definately the way to go, two demo charges will take out a tank, and if you get one of your buddies to jump in the Attack chopper you can rearm by standing next to it, at least i did....... :unsure:

DAMMMMNNN! This game kicks a**! I'm playing SP only, and its already fun and funny to me. I like that voice over when someone gets ran over and you'd hear "I'm sorry."

LOL. Let me get this straight, $50 you get a game and a FREE Logitech headset?

:thumbsup:

I 've done a little bit more "looking" and have discovered that I could only use the so-called secret on the TAW server. If you join their server you can access the locked weapons! I joined another server today and discovered that I could not access the locked weapons. :-(

Click here for the G3

I really like the G3, it seems to posses more knockdown power, and greater accuracy.

TAW bf2 demo server ip:69.93.21.18

@firefly, apply to be the commander, the use the "caps-lock" key to acess the commander menu.

Edited by osokdfgr