Maps needed for Chechnya Mod

ATO_Architect

I am currently working on a Chechen campaign mod for use with Earl's Vympel mod (one of my all time favorite weapons mods) or Sixpence's Sptesnaz mod. I am already using most of the maps in original GR, but need a few in particular that aren't in the stock GR for particular mission ideas. If anyone knows of a similar map, please let me know:

1) Rural Village - European village in a mountainous area (with battlescars is a plus). The setting is Southern Chechnya. Night or day.

2) Mountain Valley - Mountains along a canyon or valley - Few buildings/mostly forest and slopes. Night or day.

3) Military Camp in an urban environment - Military camp with fenceline and sandbagged positions surrounded by urban buldings and streets - similar to what one sees at UN compounds in the Balkans or at US camps in Iraq.

Thanks!!!!

I doubt you will actually get anyone to help you out if you are not extremly lucky. Only some very few people is still making maps for GR and they are mostly hung up in their own small projects. My advice would rather be to look at the maps that has been made by fans and try to build this into your theme one way or another.

I don't know if you have tried my little map, The Farm, but we used it in Stealth Recon 2004 as a place in the Chechen mountains. As the name says, it's a a farm in a wood/mountain enviroment. Comes in morning and day version. Should be pretty bug free aswell and I think this map is the closest you will get to your wish number 2.

Download link: LINK

Small preview here: Click me!

Good luck!

Biro,

Thanks! I will check it out. The screen shot looks great.

As far as the other two maps are concerned, I am really surprised no one has created something like a rural village or a UN-type urban encampment. There's a lot of possibilities for maps like that.

Ossetian Woodlands also seems like a great map, but I need to play with the storyline a bit to work in the radar station. The way the campaign is evolving, the player's team begins assigned to a unit in Southern Chechnya (primarily mountainous area) in the beginning of the campaign and is eventually reassigned to Grozny.

I doubt you will actually get anyone to help you out if you are not extremly lucky. Only some very few people is still making maps for GR and they are mostly hung up in their own small projects. My advice would rather be to look at the maps that has been made by fans and try to build this into your theme one way or another.

I don't know if you have tried my little map, The Farm, but we used it in Stealth Recon 2004 as a place in the Chechen mountains. As the name says, it's a a farm in a wood/mountain enviroment. Comes in morning and day version. Should be pretty bug free aswell and I think this map is the closest you will get to your wish number 2.

Download link: LINK

Small preview here: Click me!

Good luck!

I'd like to have some missions in Chechnya for That Others May Live

:devil: *cough* *cough* lol

So yeah, if you want to use that campaign for something different...like TOML...let me know lol, id love it haha.

good luck dude.

Thanks, but the way that the idea for the mod emerged, it is a campaign based on Spetsnaz operations for use with Earl's Vympel mod or Sixpence's Spetsnaz mod. I have always been a fan of Earl's Vympel mod (He made the best RPGs yet for GR). However, there haven't been too many mods with storylines that lend themselves to Spetsnaz operations. I am surprised that no one created any missions based on that theme or the theme of the Chechen conflict. So after several months of concocting mission ideas, I decided to finally get serious with Igor and do it.

TOML sounds like it is going to be a great mod. I'll tell you one I'd really like to get in on as far as scripting a mission or two is Year of The Monkey. I've been looking forward to that mod's release for over a year now.

If anyone would like to beta test a few of the missions for Cherni Nochnoi, my Chechnya mod, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Few days ago I made a map, that I called "Fuel Station". It's location is Georgia... May be you'll be interested in it... I could send it to you if you wish. :)

Cherni Nochnoi roughly translates as "Dark Night" or "Black Night".

This scripting sstuff is a blast :)...minus the moments of frustration as your hostages suddenly walk off on their own or your counter stops counting. :wall:

You know its getting addictive when you find yourself clciking out of Igor when your wife walks by (like an alchoholic drinking alone!).

Few days ago I made a map, that I called "Fuel Station". It's location is Georgia... May be you'll be interested in it... I could send it to you if you wish. :)

Cherni Nochnoi roughly translates as "Dark Night" or "Black Night".

Hi!!! So let me be your consultant in questions of russian language)))

Dark night on russian will look like "Temnaya Noch"

Black night is "Chernaya Noch")))

I'm glad to help you!

P.S Hmm... I think I must tell u the truth... I'm just learnin' creating maps and... My fuel station have no doors, windows and trees... I got the fatal error in 3dsm and unable to edit map, but this not bad as I think...

Edited by SOPMOD

You know its getting addictive when you find yourself clciking out of Igor when your wife walks by (like an alchoholic drinking alone!).

Russians calls this "Stremno"!!! :rofl:

I thought only I did that (with 3dsm)!! :whistle: