was bored this afternoon...

Hi boys & girls,

I didn't know what to do this afternoon so i cooked up some skins.

Have a look at them and give me some comments & critics please.

gr3.jpg

gr2.jpg

gr1.jpg

character models from DTD Pro Mod Team, MARPAT & desert MARPAT camo from Wildcat.

I'm no expert for military gear so please tell me if something is wrong.

Edited by CommandoCrazy

I'll try something new maybe later, when i get my hands on photoshop. I made these skins with a 30 day trial version of Paint Shop Pro 7.0 :lol:

Thanks for your replies but please note that I just compiled the original skin with the camo. I left the vest and goggles as they were in original.

I could be seeing things wrong... but it looks like your goggles texture got messed up. If you look behind them, it looks like the ghillie suit texture and not the helmet. Might want to check that.

Otherwise, looks great! :)

One of the things that ruined this forum whas the untalented people that didnt have the patience to stay and watch the work of the masters... Me my self , stayed and watch, masters like bajabravo and argyll... But lately, people been putting all kinds of weird work out.. I understand that they need some feedback... But, hey, It isnt to hard to make one singel skin.. You dont have to tell everyone each time you make something that could make us roam or something.. I`m not an "Argyll" or something, but I think you all have to pay some tribute to the guys who made this game... It isnt to har hard make a new skin... do you really need to put every single stinkng skin out to view?

Its been my pleasure to play your mods, Argyll.. I just think you guys didnt get the credit for what you did. Nowadays, people think they taken the hole world each time they make one new skin... I dont think it should be that way---

One of the things that ruined this forum whas the untalented people that didnt have the patience to stay and watch the work of the masters... Me my self , stayed and watch, masters like bajabravo and argyll... But lately, people been putting all kinds of weird work out.. I understand that they need some feedback... But, hey, It isnt to hard to make one singel skin.. You dont have to tell everyone each time you make something that could make us roam or something.. I`m not an "Argyll" or something, but I think you all have to pay some tribute to the guys who made this game... It isnt to har hard make a new skin... do you really need to put every single stinkng skin out to view?

is this a compliment, a critique, or just a rant??? :blink:

anyway, looks nice bro.

Hey guys, please don't misunderstand me. I know very well that making skins is not very hard. And I do know that my skins are nothing special so no one has to go down on his knees and praise me.

I do not deserve any tribute, modders like BJB, Sixpence and all the other modding gods deserve it :notworthy:. I am a modding worm compared to them.

But why shouldn't I post my work? Without the comments and critics from the community it would be damn hard to make improvements.

@ Ruin: The problem with the goggles is that I use Paint Shop Pro which does not support alpha channels and I suppose it deletes them so the place where the goggles are is transparent. I will fix it when I get PhotoShop.

Edited by CommandoCrazy

But why shouldn't I post my work? Without the comments and critics from the community it would be damn hard to make improvements.

I agree, one of the best things about this website/forum/community is the fact that everbody is willing to help others. By posting new work you let other people see and comment about it so a modder can improve his or her skills. Also pride of their work is a reason why people post when they have finished something.

So keep on posting these skins! they look great!!! :D

i will agree that skin modders like BjB were the best in GR, but even they started off with simple skins in order to learn and improve. and without getting opinions from their peers, they would have just kept on producing mediocre skins. if you are a true fan of BjB's work, you'll notice that he started off just changing colors, camos, and brightness/contrasts on his earlier skins, possibly switching gear textures from other skins and/or just editing the camo/color/b&c of the gear. and look at the last skins he made for Canadian Operatives 2, he has his own models, attachments, camos, gear. all made from scratch. i am a huge BjB fan, and because of him is why i started skinning. i'd love to see more work by him today, but unless he is working on some secret mods, i haven't seen anything since CO2.

So, to all the new and old skinners, keep posting those skins. don't care if it's bad or awesome, i want to see them. and will give you a honest opinion. and by all means, i am not a skinning great like those mentioned by pingvinx, but without the motivation from my peers from here and my own site, i would have given up on modding for GR. now i have started to learn 3dsmax enough that i make my own attachments for my skins and have recently started on my 1st map.

Edited by XE_Joker

By posting new work you let other people see and comment about it so a modder can improve his or her skills.

I agree. We're not all accomplished artists and seasoned, expert modders. Some of us are just beginners. It's the feedback and assistance from others that allow us to improve and expand our skills. It seems to me that no one has a problem when the old-timers show of their stuff!

Fixed the problem with the goggles and some minor things.

I think they look better now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/CommandoCrazy/gr4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/CommandoCrazy/gr5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/CommandoCrazy/gr6.jpg

the PELTOR headset attachments are from SnowFella

Edited by CommandoCrazy

• 4 weeks later...

@CC, if DaVinci didn't show off his Mona Lisa, it would still be rollled up in someone's basement or attic.

Keep posting. Keep improving. Keep learning. Keep making mods for this awesome game.

I envy ppl who has the time to learn.

:rocky:

@CC, if DaVinci didn't show off his Mona Lisa, it would still be rollled up in someone's basement or attic.

Excellent point.

Apparently people doesn't remember a time when even the "masters" were beginners too. Everyone starts small, with one "singel skin" and works up to excellence.

Keep showing off the work CC. If you didn't, we couldn't help.

Practice doesn't make you perfect, it only makes you good. Accepting C&C combined with practice, that's perfection.