Ghost Recon.net Forums

Addon maker marfy (recognised for his WWII tank skills) has created two images that show (on the left) the original pictures of units created by bis and (on the right) his edited picture to show how he feels the proportions of the unit should be changed.

Here is how I imagine [OFP: DR] soldiers with right proportions of the head, body and muscles. What do you think? :) Also, I added a collar to the bulletproof vest of the US soldier. Without it, it would look like a fisherman's vest :) Another important "detail" is a "noseband" on the helmet! I am absolutely sure that the developers are not blind and won't put such "mutants" into the final release...

marfy_fix1s.jpg marfy_fix2s.jpg

personaly i like the editied US soldier but i cant see any difference between the russian soldiers. what do u think?

Well, he decreased the size of the guy's head in the second shot. The first one looks good, but to be honest I don't particularly care if the proportions are a little off, or if the helmet doesn't have a chinstrap. Quite frankly I'm surprised someone is making such complaints.

Well, he decreased the size of the guy's head in the second shot. The first one looks good, but to be honest I don't particularly care if the proportions are a little off, or if the helmet doesn't have a chinstrap. Quite frankly I'm surprised someone is making such complaints.

its not a complaint, its a constructive criticism, something bis could do in order to improve it. marfys changes to the US soldier do make it look better

Very nice. The difference on the US soldier is huge and, i think, makes a big difference. The Russian guys head/helmet is smaller, it help, but the changes aren't as critical as with the US soldier.

Having good character models that are believable and well animated makes a huge difference for a game. If the characters are believable and lifelike, the game is more absorbing, the sensation of "just playing a game" is lost more easily and sustained for longer. 0.02 :thumbsup:

BIS: make these changes. :yes: