Hidden and dangerous 2

1madcow

You gota understand , I just got a new pc ,so now i am catching up with all the games I have missed over the past 3 years or so. I downloaded the demo for h&dangerous2 . It is very impressive, I almost think its better than COD. So I was just curious of what you guys think of the game. Just looking for feedback. thanks :)

I would post my feedback for H&D2, but when I have done so before, other members for some reason decided to start flame wars.

CoD is highly inaccurate:

- In CoD, the uniforms are incorrect when you are playing the arctic missions. In WW2, the US army and the SAS both actually had arctic (white) uniforms.

- In CoD, the weapons are incorrect: why the hell do the Russian soldiers use the standard issue German side arm (in WW2 the Russians actually used the Tokarev TT-33 side arm)? Why do the British snipers use the Springfield M1904 (in WW2 the British snipers used the Enfield No.1 Mk 4 w/optics)? Also, the recoil on the weapons in CoD is very unrealistic

- In CoD, where's the whole "one shot one kill" thingy?

At least in H&D2 they didn't make these mistakes. H&D2 was very accurate, right down the accuracy of the weapons. In real life, the Thompson had a very short range and wasn't very accurate. In CoD/Moh:AA/ games of the like, you could hit targets accurately at like over 100 metres with the Thompson, which is just plain stupid. Try doing it on H&D2 and your shots will miss. I tried this in H&D2 once, needless to say I wasted a whole 20 round clip trying to hit a German at 100 metres away (and no I didn't deliberately miss), and only one of my rounds hit the German - in the arm!! At least you can kill the enemies with one shot in H&D2....

Edited by .:Nightmare:.

HD2 is the GR of WW2, complete with fairly poor AI. If you liked the demo, you will like the game and the expansion. There are a lot of interesting features like silenced weapons and the ability to change into a captured German's uniform.

I would advise using the menu commands for the squad, not the tac map, except for moving. The AI are not good for initiating assaults, like the GR AI, as they expose themselves to fire. They are very good at covering your flank and ambushes.

You have a large selection of weapons and equipment, you can drive flakwagons and tanks, the maps are large and varied from Europe to Burma. The best thing is that the maps are very open and you can do the objectives in any order or way you want.

very few people play coop and those that do don't play like a team

I play co-op and when I do I play like a team. Heck, I even play co-op by myself sometimes, on the "Burgundy Mission 1" map. Last time, when I played co-op alone on that map I got 42 kills, 2 deaths and promoted to second luitenant. I even go as far as choosing specific weapons for specific maps.... i.e the If I was co-op'ing on the Sicily mission 2 map, I'd choose the Enfield Mk4 (or something similar for the medium-long range shots), in Burgundy mission 3, a large part of it is close range trench clearance, or close quaters fighting inside the SAS HQ, but the most part of the map is in the woods and some medum/long range shots are required, so I choose either the Enfield Mk4, M1A1 Carbine, M1 Garand or Thompson M1 here. Burgundy Mission 1 has a large ammo/fuel depot in a huge woodland - I normally choose the Enfield (or Springfield) as the first part of map requires alot of long range shots. But, there's alot of close range fighting actually inside the underground part of the ammo depot and on the grounds above leading down to the underground sector (in real life, a full rifle like the Enfield Mk4 would be impracticle inside the narrow corridors, this is what I bear in mind when doing these missions. I know the game ain't real life but....), so I would choose the M1A1 Carbine for this map, which is more practicle in the narrow corridors (but less practicle over long range), need to come to a compromise somewhere).

Edited by .:Nightmare:.