P2: A Cold Day In Hell

don't forsee any overlap Theo, whichever chrs end up in those chairs will more or less be fodder....I had asked Phlookian to move the chairs back so I could maybe seat some guys in them, and as you can see he came through nicely....and he chose those, then again they appear at the top of list I think...

on another note, woke up in the wee hours and took a look here only to find several broken links on some pics above, so I'm in the process of repairing that...sometimes they mysteriously disappear at ImageShack..

oh, sometimes I just create a test mission on a well lit map and place the chrs on there w/o weaps or as allied or both and then go in and have a look......

mig :ph34r:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woke up in the wee hours and took a look here only to find several broken links on some pics above, so I'm in the process of repairing that...sometimes they mysteriously disappear at ImageShack..

mig

I had a lot of that, until i changed to Photobucket, not a had a piccy vanish so far now in over a few months.

Back on topic, nice work, looking forward to the new Blue Ivan for sure.

Tinker

thanks for the FYI Tinker, I'll look into to that...I'm looking forward to Phlookian's revision myself and his new map as well, you can climb that waterfall, or at least you could, may be to slippery now?

mig:ph34r:

thanks for the FYI Tinker, I'll look into to that...I'm looking forward to Phlookian's revision myself and his new map as well, you can climb that waterfall, or at least you could, may be to slippery now?

mig:ph34r:

Phlookian is one of the modders who grew up so well in his skills lately that I'm definitely looking forward for his new map. And when Mig scripts a mission then... :santa:

How many missions till now Mig?

BTW Isn't it that you are waiting December to release the mod cause if it's released now it will be forgotten at the time of the awards???? :huh:

nope, we will release it as soon as it is playable and all the moving or stationary parts are assembled, things have been added recently that must be incorporated and a few items are in development, but that sort of thing is drawing to a close..the new map and B. Ivan revision plus my own scripting on those and TG-Outpost, m14(?) remain.....I have had plans to do a couple more missions beyond that, but won't keep you guys waiting and kinda want to get this thing done although I would love to include those maps and my thoughts on what to do on them....I've never included the original wilderness map before and came up with a scheme of sorts for it, battlefield, farm and bridge(river, also never used) or whatever its called, plus caves ...irregardless, I will say this - you won't like the ending of the story and you won't be going back there either.....

last night I updated the Frostbite MP wilderness with the one from OSO's Winter Wilderness which made me tweak the most crucial senario in the mission....some more dev testing this day and then on to something else....but I may have to return to it to tweak the WMD expert/inspector hostage, eh ingeloop? :whistle:

glad somebody finally showed some curiosity in that thing El_Davido! That's Phlookian's take on a barrel exploding on fire and rocketing up into the sky....the barrel in that pic is untextured at this time, the explosion at ground level is from the GL round I fired there....so where do ya think that barrel is headed and what happens after it gets there?

it's meant as an incidental to normal combat events....in other words it won't even happen unless ordinance goes off nearby or you blow Harn's radio generator up....

BTW, has anyone ever done a full gallery of all the GR / DS /IT atrs? Now that'd be a useful resource...

Theo

http://www.fileplanet.com/119578/110000/fi...Model-View-v1.0

"This is modding help for character skinners and mission makers in the form of maps that view all character models and attatchments found in the original game and th expansion packs."

Not sure if this is what you had in mind.

glad somebody finally showed some curiosity in that thing El_Davido! That's Phlookian's take on a barrel exploding on fire and rocketing up into the sky....the barrel in that pic is untextured at this time, the explosion at ground level is from the GL round I fired there....so where do ya think that barrel is headed and what happens after it gets there?

it's meant as an incidental to normal combat events....in other words it won't even happen unless ordinance goes off nearby or you blow Harn's radio generator up....

Hhaha totally awesome. Your bringing a dynamic element to the game never seen before. So if Im reading into this right, when the barrel hits the ground again it explodes? Can this actually kill characters nearby?

Unfortunately nothing that dramatic yet (although it is possible to do),

I haven't had a chance to really push this idea too far (although a couple of barrels have been built into the new Ivan revision which bounce off of various buildings and start fires etc)

In truth, Blue Ivan is already pretty crammed with dynamic stuff anyway and I've pretty much pushed the limit there (too many doors/ windows etc)

The new map will have very little in the way of man made structures so I'll have a little more headroom there for tricks and showing off :whistle:

Hhaha totally awesome. Your bringing a dynamic element to the game never seen before. So if Im reading into this right, when the barrel hits the ground again it explodes? Can this actually kill characters nearby?

I would think if you added explosion and damage effects with a delay so they go off when the barrel hits the ground that might work.

BTW Phlookian...it dawned on me yesterday but I've forgotten to ask it....so I'll do it here as a tease - any news on the Chameleon for P2 Blue Ivan? Or does that even ring a bell?? Are you receiving me...? :D

Unfortunately nothing that dramatic yet (although it is possible to do),

I haven't had a chance to really push this idea too far (although a couple of barrels have been built into the new Ivan revision which bounce off of various buildings and start fires etc)

In truth, Blue Ivan is already pretty crammed with dynamic stuff anyway and I've pretty much pushed the limit there (too many doors/ windows etc)

The new map will have very little in the way of man made structures so I'll have a little more headroom there for tricks and showing off :whistle:

Sounds good, I think a lot of the mapping potential, combined with other elements could be really powerful. I look foward to playing these maps. Id like to see more full immersion across a whole level of modding areas, vehicles, maps, characters, missions so far weve had little bits of magic from each area, but if they where all brought together in the same place it would be great and I think yourself and mig probably are some of the best coders in the GR community so I hope P2 has it in.

I would think if you added explosion and damage effects with a delay so they go off when the barrel hits the ground that might work.

Im not sure how it all works, but Im guessing that you couldnt make the effect move with the model?

Actually you can............

Effects grouped with moving objects will move also

The trick is to turn the helper point in the right direction so that smoke, fire etc point the right way when the object has landed.

(Dagnabbit, giving away my secrets :angry: )

The real problem I've found is that sometimes the collision plane stays behind (this appears to be a bug)

Also, overcomplicating animations seems to cause issues with some models but not others (another bug maybe)

Once the bigger projects are finished I'll probably drop back onto these little bits and bobs and fine tune them for Mig's missions

Actually you can............

Effects grouped with moving objects will move also

The trick is to turn the helper point in the right direction so that smoke, fire etc point the right way when the object has landed.

(Dagnabbit, giving away my secrets :angry: )

The real problem I've found is that sometimes the collision plane stays behind (this appears to be a bug)

Also, overcomplicating animations seems to cause issues with some models but not others (another bug maybe)

Once the bigger projects are finished I'll probably drop back onto these little bits and bobs and fine tune them for Mig's missions

In the past I had found some issues with the damage effect. I don't think there is a way to delay it and placing it can be slightly limited. One cool thing that I did notice with effects like smoke is that if a dynamic object is moving, the smoke will trail along with it in a cool way, this has it's limitations of course. I was actually suprised once I started playing with effects and animated objects, there are still plenty of cool things haven'e been done before. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. One thing to keep in mind is that you can mix object/map effects with effects triggered through scripting, this is what I had to do on my bridge map when the bridge blows up and then falls into the water, the water splash is scripted with a timer after the bridge blows while the other effects are contained within the objects. One other idea I had a long time ago is with the generic debris objects such as the wood splinters when a door is blown up, you can make new models for these objects that stick around for a few seconds and then disappear. It isn't the best effect but it could add a nice little touch to some of the other effects. I'm looking forward to this mod more than any other in a long time, take your time and remember to have fun with it, that's what it's all about. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Sleeper :thumbsup:

At the moment none of this has been pushed far enough by me.

Mig wanted some placeable dynamic objects so I had a little play with it. The problem with that is that if you don't use them on a flat surface, the object can end up just floating in the air. I intend to fine tune these little ideas once I get the finished missions.

I can then get my barrels to bounce off of walls and land in trees etc

I was also thinking of using the dynamic target idea on the new map. There will only maybe be 1 or 2 buildings there and I can do a real dynamic environment. The <n><target> objects don't require a damaged .pob and are reset before the mission starts. each one will animate if shot by a single bullet. So coffee cups, rubbish bins, packets of corn flakes etc are all going to be flying all over the place in a hail of bullets :rofl: