P2: A Cold Day In Hell

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for taking time out from 'Tourney issues to do that Lightspeed...

not a great deal new to report...well actually I've been going through the missions adding new sound effects and interactive steps to enhance the immersion factor hopefully...

don't get the wrong idea though...there is something being done for the mod on a daily basis...work just keeps plodding along..

Did I ever mention that Phlookian created a MP version of the new bridge map?

mig :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

thats beautiful - i am so pumped for this.

after all the mod work i just want to kick back and coop on this mod.

and i just heard through the grapevine of a massive mod being done elsewhere due for release shorlty.

any chance of a date for release?

no release date as yet....still plodding along trying to make sure all is working and complete..and the above insertion gone bad is the only part of that mission for the dusk version of Black Wolf Bridge that is near completion...the mission on the day version of that map is done but for adding one or two objectives to round it out..all but one or two actors are in place there....we're working on all that.....you'll get your chances for sure and hopefully w/o any or at most a minimum of annoyances other than those we gamers love to rip on anyway..."too little of this" or "too much of that.." BTW - I've got a feeling that you guys will love Black Wolf Bridge, irregardless of what I do with scripting...for awhile anyway....

P2 EARLY WARNING....your best tactics may very well turn you into a grease spot..they did me....and that came after being scared outa my wits by something unrelated....stand advised...

Hey! folks are so busy playing your Tourney they would not notice and all the coop players are doing that!

to answer your query...well only mildly so...the real link was to be in the gameplay and P2 was to be a short collection of missions like those Pressure missions but on Frostbite maps, yet things evolved from there...you can either play Pressure as a quick mission pack from the original or play all five missions as a campaign by playing ingeloop's Udmurtia Spetznats mod...Pressure proved to be a challenging co-op adventure btw..

• 3 weeks later...

well without putting up eyecandy or revealing too much...let me state that I have witnessed something recently that is definitely the icing on the cake with regards to the above referenced helo insertion...still working on this thing...

mig i beg you -

this thread started in May 2005 if im not mistaken.

plz just get this thing out there - for the love of all that is GR.

I hear ya Lightspeed..I simply post these days to let you guys know its not a dead mod, but maybe it would have been better to let it drift off to the back pages and remain quiet until ready...

we're working hard on it, but Phlook is tied up RL and I'm also scripting a bit for Blood Oil at this time...my estimate is 2-3 months right now :fingersx: ...believe me I want to get it out there! ...TBH the work on the mod as it has become did not begin until several people and I got going on it that following summer '06..so for a year it was just kinda there...a few missions only..then it grew geometrically...IT WILL HAPPEN, SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY, IN SOME FORM P2 will be released ASAP while making sure there are not a ton of annoyances to put up with..heck I can't wait to see what guys like you might do with some of the new content in other missions n mods..

@ sleeper - good to see ya itching to play..thanks again for the map work and support...

please bear with us guys..

• 1 month later...

Went to work the other day and my co-workers said what has happened to you,you look like you went through a meat grinder! :lightning: No I said,I've just been beta testing some of the missions from P2 A Cold Day In Hell. :o Mig and the P2 gang is still plugging away on this one and all I can say is that I've only tested 4 missions and it's already been a blast. :drool: From the looks of this mod Ghost Recon isn't even thinking about retirement! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well hopefully we have the kinks that were keeping the final mission from working sorted out and I can find the wherewithall to get er done...been too busy with gaming for fun and lots of real life issues here...Phlook has been swamped with work for awhile now...a couple of the guys have played all the missions except this one...I think the count is 24 now...doubt I'll create an xml for all those unless you guys think you can finish it?? limited number of Ghosts in other words...below are links to a few pics of this last mission on Phlook's dusk version of his Black Wolf Bridge map...appropriately named I might add..

once this one is done and tested for SP there is the matter of some coop testing of the missions by the Night Hawks...and misc mod needs like kit restrictions, some Russian hero chrs, briefing edits and the like not to mention maybe some winter SCARS from nat? :)

Funny thing about the TOPOL (SS-25 Sickle) - maybe you read where the RU Pres watched a test firing of the extended life version of that missile system just in the past few days..maybe the coup of the century is that Russia convinced the rest of the world its ok for them to have a mobile ICBM force!!!! So what if a bunch of highly trained Russian rebels took control of part or all of that Army???? Welcome to A Cold Day In Hell......

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/script1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/convoy1.jpg

you may recall a few earlier pics from Phlookian of a Black Hawk going down?

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/crash2.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...er/crashed1.jpg

yea nat! the white ones you showed me earlier and this version are reallty sweet!

@ KRP 56 you should know since you've played the other 23.... earlier I was placing a path plan that had some guys crossing from one level to another and some real chills went down my spine..can you say Standing Bear? I won't allow that issue to come back up though..I hope. I hope that was more a map issue than something that happens more often...never seen it before...CTD when a path walker is in between levels at a quick save then the mission is reloaded? It really was a bear to solve so to speak...and of course on that mission QS was pretty much necessary, eh?

Having a hard time deciding where to go with this one though...there is a matter of some demo devices that are map objects...if I hide em early then show em again the death ani that is used to show em being dismantled will not work when they are shown again..well working diligently on it now...spent some time last night and a bunch today...

funny thing...I keep hearing wolves all over the place...one time this guy we picked up tells us that wolves only sound off like they are at that time when something is really wrong...wonder what that could be? They're not so close to us...so.....