P2: A Cold Day In Hell

thanks for responding to that WD...the sounds for those two weapons would be nice, actually there is also a silenced AR7090... I don't know if I have those OGG recordings since I lost some stuff with a re format but probably do..far as I'm concerned, the sound does not have to come from one of those files though.....I need to refresh my memory about the fire modes those come with..I have ss, sf, and ts done for em...one thing...I did a thirty round burst for auto and it really sux, but I recall you posting something once about looping a single round into full auto? that would work for me if you're willing....beyond those two weapons, there are a few that use sounds that seem to conflict with the sounds from Frostbite, I think it has to do with [GR] sounds that they changed? I'm not sure...but if I can get a list together, custom sounds for those would be great...that would be a few of nat's weaps where he used those original sounds...if I open the Frostbite sound folder in IGOR it shows several states of the files in there...if the folder is reconciled it gets even wackier with respect to conflicts...so I figure the best solution is to come up with a custom sound and cicumvent any conflicts..did I make any sense? BTW - I probably don't have the roll off set right on that ful auto I did, cuase I know I have no clue what it should be....

mig :ph34r:

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a thirty round burst for auto and it really sux,

You did what? You like to waste HD space huh? You can cut it down to one shot and cut off the ending for the auto loop. The faster the auto loop, the quicker you need to cut the ending off. Then play it back making sure to loop it. if it plays fluently it's fine, but if it's out of time etc you'll be able to hear it just like if you made 30 shots into a loop rather than one. Check my sounds I did for CC's USMC FR2 mod to get an idea of how I've done what I just explained.

What do you mean by OGG? You mean recording the audio from video? Such a method is not recommended. I used to do it, but the sounds never come out right if you do this. Reason being that there are many things that can affect the sound in the video, for example, if the video was shot outside it the gunshot would sound different to if the video was shot inside. Also depends what was used to shoot the video, even the best camcorders ain't gonna be able to record the exact sound quality how it is in real life (it will often sound flat/tinny). A bass boost modifier also won't fix it in most cases because when you play back the sound it's slightly distorted, and bass boosting can increase this distortion if done incorrectly.

It's easy when you know what you're doing.

Edited by WytchDokta

well. looks like Phlook has succeeded in making it possible to place it so it looks like part of the map....this one happens to be Docks SP and that is the doorway to the nuclear warhead bunker...

ScreenShot1-1.jpg

here is the other door.......with A CCTV...

cam2b.jpg

cam2a.jpg

so whats the deal here?

how many new maps in this baby? - not that there required with all the other new content.

cos from what ive seen so far, this looks like it should be called an 'Unofficial Expansion Pack' - looks bloody fantastic so far.

Edited by SCE_Lightspeed

its a vehicle, so it cannot behave as a spotlight, it is static...alarms would have to be triggered via proximity or the like..probably how I'll use these....its a bit of prop really but could be set up to make a pathway a bit more difficult....or as a way to say hey you just got made by a seperate command and they have dispatched reinforcements...the only way to disable(destroy) it is with frags or greater...a truck can have its tires shot out but what would you use for that part here? I suppose there may be a way to make part of it the main vehicle and have a camera that is a spotlight? But just thinking that seems involved...cobaka did put a spotlight on his BTR90...so....actually, I have no idea what I'm writing on about anyway...just seems to me that a bunker that warehouses nukes would have visual security...ya know? As far as placement, they are at different hights, so like two or three diff vehs...you have to align the vcl icon in IGOR with the collision walls to get the right look...trial n error...

vehicles are platoons, but I don't think you can do the platoon sees platoon or hears platoon, team or whatever....

there is even an odd thing that happens where some vehs will fire on you even if there is a driver or more chrs inside and others that won't...my current theory is that it has to do with the driver and whether he can become aware of you or not...of course if he bails out and all the rest do too, its guns a blazing for the vcl...I've had Phlook's Vodnik firing at me with as many as 5 occupants..but it only engages then for a brief time...then they may bail and engage me....I've used the driver becomes aware as a trigger to iniate a senario involving him and other riders, he sees you and unloads, of course the Vod opens up if it is aware, then the other guys are teleported into the Vod after it stops(a flag is used to check for vcl destroyed), then unload asap, the driver hops back in and proceeds to roll along the plan path guns a blazing, giving the Vod its own firepower plus the guns of the 4 guys who bailed out as back up....usually from both sides of the road...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=501487

hey Theo....there's a lot of map between what ya see in these two pics!

North - 1-3 of Leopard battery.....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...r/mountain2.jpg

South - 4-6 of Leopard battery....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...r/mountain1.jpg

and they have a surprise for the pipeline....

can't help myself...got two missions to complete to finish playing MOH Airborne, but here I am, posting this and scripting yet another mission for P2....

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=501487

hey Theo....there's a lot of map between what ya see in these two pics!

North - 1-3 of Leopard battery.....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...r/mountain2.jpg

South - 4-6 of Leopard battery....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...r/mountain1.jpg

and they have a surprise for the pipeline....

can't help myself...got two missions to complete to finish playing MOH Airborne, but here I am, posting this and scripting yet another mission for P2....

Now standing corrected, Mig :thumbsup:

Stunning, simply stunning.

Theo