P2: A Cold Day In Hell

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan was a mild mannered reporter for RIA Novosti until the call went out, he would then become.....

actually, this guy ain't superman and neither am I....

skydiver-1.jpg

soup guy maybe....

don't worry, I chased him off there with frags that woulda KIA'd me too if it were really in game...so for that moment I was Supercyberman...

update - there will be a Rabbit in this one, he will have snowmobiles....the map is huge...

well you better tread light

you better go slight

you better keep an eye right through that sight....

cause migryder's werewolves are coming to town.....

they'll shoot you in your privates....they'll shoot you where it hurts...they'll spin you round and knock you down....bleeding on the ground.... :ph34r:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/mugshot.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/mi...er/mugshot2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Latest progress report:

Cobaka has very kindly donated a map to P2.

The map is the Fort map from the Mission Afghanistan Mod.

This map started out as a desert environment and I'm in the process of turning into a cold, godless hell (perfect for our mod, really)

The shots below are from the development stage. They are without lighting effects, and still feature the trees and sky from the original environment)

Although I've been doing a little post production on this map, I'd like to stress that this is very much Cobaka's work:

FortNewTeaser01.jpg

FortNewTeaser02.jpg

FortNewTeaser03.jpg

FortNewTeaser04.jpg

FortNewTeaser05.jpg

FortNewTeaser06.jpg

FortNewTeaser07.jpg

:thumbsup:

Thanks cobaka for your very generous act in letting us use Fort in P2 and allowing us to revise it to fit our story, thanks also to GiWeDa and Janie42 for your support of the idea to give it a blanket of snow....this map has a sense of humor lying round here and there...

Lookin' pretty cool Phlookian can't wait to see the finished product and get busy in IGOR....

cobaka has also contributed another item recently....

mazLASV.jpg

MAZ 543 Launch-Associated Support Vehicle to buddy up with the TOPOL he created.....the winter texture was done by CMH...thanks a bunch guys!

I have a full 5 objectives working on the revised Blue Ivan map now, so all that one needs is some tidy up work and maybe a cinematic to open the show with..could be an exciting one too....eh Phlookian? These Objectives include more than one task each so you'll be busy...

mig :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

yes nice work Phlookian...guys those gates in front there actually raise and lower with the open door function for player anyway, they have to be scripted for the AI so don't expect an npc or ghost to open em on his own...pretty darn cool though! Thanks for those and for your overall efforts on this one Phlookian, now you can get back to your new map... ;)

A big thanks to the original author of this map as well, cobaka, its a great map and I'm glad you let us toy with it!

yes nice work Phlookian...guys those gates in front there actually raise and lower with the open door function for player anyway, they have to be scripted for the AI so don't expect an npc or ghost to open em on his own...pretty darn cool though! Thanks for those and for your overall efforts on this one Phlookian, now you can get back to your new map... ;)

A big thanks to the original author of this map as well, cobaka, its a great map and I'm glad you let us toy with it!

It looks a heck of a lot better now.

You spotted it then! I was about to send you a pic via email! BTW - good news to follow though in pic form since the dirty has already been exposed...

gateguy.jpg

I did not open that gate! the KIA guy in the foreground did....I was shooting into that archway, then running over to the other one and engaging the enemy over there and some of them were opening these to get me flanked! I think they may have to be crouched to do it, cause I caught a glimpse of one opening it once and I do believe he was crouched..

OK, now for something else from Ingeloop! Meet the Ghosts.....

gosts2.jpg

the rifleman in the middle has cobaka's AR7090 and a pm12 by natsanwa..... and yes that is Wolfsong's winterized Carl Gustav that the demo guy has, the other rifles were made by natsanwa...

Danny Earl Swagger? hehe..

sniper1.jpg

sniper4.jpg

support.....

hw2.jpg

rifleman.....

rifle1.jpg

demo.....

demo2.jpg

here is a little shot from Lancer's retext of DPO4 Wilderness......I only have the large version at PBucket, I lost many many things in a recent comp disaster...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/SPADPO4.jpg

including a complete mission script on TG1-Outpost!!!! Should I take time to rebuild it? I'm hard at work on Fort right now, have to get going on the UKSF Trainer mission, and do one on Phlook's new map when he gets done with it...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/MLROSO.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/SPAOSO.jpg

whadda think guys? Do the rebuild? Jeez I can't believe I lost that script! crap...

My work on Cobaka's (very nice) Fort map is now complete.

:thumbsup: Nice work Phlookian! Looks like it's going to be a real Cold Day In Hell with all these extras added to an already great set of maps from Frostbite. :cold: